R11 & K11

After 3 weeks... Is CSC slowing down again?

210 posts in this topic

We will gladly provide you any information that we can to assist your efforts with the Ombudsman.

We are not in communication with any officials.

Who are you?

barata-gif-3.gif

Who are you?

Who we are is not important. We are no one. We are like you. We are your brothers. We are your sisters.

The information is what is important. The information is accurate. It was collected in a legal manner and comprises only of information that could be collected publicly by other means.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

No real point in being cloak-and-dagger about it. It just adds fuel to the fire, despite the fact that I'm laughing at your choice of user name! biggrin.png Nice job indeed. I'm very much in approval of the info you collected!

To prevent this thread from getting out-of-hand with speculation, though -- which isn't the point, the data is clearly accurate and exactly follows what we see on VisaJourney and Igor's List, just in full numbers rather than the percentages registered here -- I think it's best to assume that the data was collected from the USCIS dashboard by entering case numbers. Most likely, given the volume involved, some sort of automated script was used, and there is the possibility that USCIS would not be happy about "harvesting" data in that manner. Thus the anonymity and mystery.

I don't blame the poster for staying anonymous, at all. But I hope this doesn't turn into a focus on HIM/THEM rather than on the data, which is the most important thing.

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Who we are is not important. We are no one. We are like you. We are your brothers. We are your sisters.

The information is what is important. The information is accurate. It was collected in a legal manner and comprises only of information that could be collected publicly by other means.

Very well then hahaha. But yes, your data is helpful and I do thank you for it.

Might I suggest you expand it from the date range of 9/27/12 through 02/04/13, that you are using, to, say, 7/1/12 through the present (or the end of April), as it would give us a much better picture as to whether or not they are working on i-129Fs and by how much.

For instance, the single digit numbers at the bottom of your listings may simply be due to the fact they were working on earlier i-129Fs, and not necessarily due to a massive slowdown. And the numbers in April are actually a lot larger, as they were processing July and August petitions then as well. Same could be said of the present or any future figures - they may be out of your date range rather than due to a slowdown.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

No real point in being cloak-and-dagger about it. It just adds fuel to the fire, despite the fact that I'm laughing at your choice of user name! biggrin.png Nice job indeed. I'm very much in approval of the info you collected!

To prevent this thread from getting out-of-hand with speculation, though -- which isn't the point, the data is clearly accurate and exactly follows what we see on VisaJourney and Igor's List, just in full numbers rather than the percentages registered here -- I think it's best to assume that the data was collected from the USCIS dashboard by entering case numbers. Most likely, given the volume involved, some sort of automated script was used, and there is the possibility that USCIS would not be happy about "harvesting" data in that manner. Thus the anonymity and mystery.

I don't blame the poster for staying anonymous, at all. But I hope this doesn't turn into a focus on HIM/THEM rather than on the data, which is the most important thing.

Yeah, that is my thought - a program of some sort. But it is legal if done that way, as it is just taken from data that is public anyways.

barata-gif-3.gif

Thank you.
Our motives are the same as yours.
USCIS intentionally maintains a degree of obscurity. We want this information made public for the same reasons as you.
We shall remain anonymous.

Very well then hahaha. But yes, your data is helpful and I do thank you for it.

Might I suggest you expand it from the date range of 9/27/12 through 02/04/13, that you are using, to, say, 7/1/12 through the present (or the end of April), as it would give us a much better picture as to whether or not they are working on i-129Fs and by how much.

For instance, the single digit numbers at the bottom of your listings may simply be due to the fact they were working on earlier i-129Fs, and not necessarily due to a massive slowdown. And the numbers in April are actually a lot larger, as they were processing July and August petitions then as well. Same could be said of the present or any future figures - they may be out of your date range rather than due to a slowdown.

USCIS operates with a FY staring October 1st. Due to internal USCIS delays in processing, files received a few days prior to the FY are included.
This effort was done at our expense and we provide it to the public freely. We collected information on nearly 400,000 files. To expand to the level you suggest would require adding over an additional 600,000 files. Adding those files would serve no additional advantage because the proof of what is occurring at CSC currently is visible in the collected data.
If you wish to fill in the gaps and collect additional data we would welcome the assistance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow! Impressive!!

Could you start your own thread in regards to your findings? I think this information is really worthy of its own thread.

Wow! Impressive!!

Could you start your own thread in regards to your findings? I think this information is really worthy of its own thread.

We plan to once we have analyzed the data in detail and can provide graphs and more easily digestible data.

USCIS operates with a FY staring October 1st. Due to internal USCIS delays in processing, files received a few days prior to the FY are included.

This effort was done at our expense and we provide it to the public freely. We collected information on nearly 400,000 files. To expand to the level you suggest would require adding over an additional 600,000 files. Adding those files would serve no additional advantage because the proof of what is occurring at CSC currently is visible in the collected data.

If you wish to fill in the gaps and collect additional data we would welcome the assistance.

Fair enough, and I do agree with your conclusions. I just wanted to point out that the numbers are larger than what's on the listings, but for the most part I think your figures do reflect what is going on now in terms of workload because they are supposedly currently processing applications within your time frame. But no, if it requires additional time or resources, then I certainly cannot ask you to do more than what you didn't have to do in the first place. Especially since I do not have that myself. Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

We suggest that you, as a person currently in the legal immigration process, ask these questions.

Considering that close to 300000 DACA petitions was able to basically stop all I129F reviews for 3 months, what will happen when immigration reform adds an estimated 11 million new petitions?

What does “go to the end of the line” mean?

No need to debate it here. It’s just food for thought.

Edited by TylerDurden

We suggest that you, as a person currently in the legal immigration process, ask these questions.

Considering that close to 300000 DACA petitions was able to basically stop all I129F reviews for 3 months, what will happen when immigration reform adds an estimated 11 million new petitions?

What does go to the end of the line mean?

No need to debate it here. Its just food for thought.

Yeah, I hear you, and actually already have thought about this, discussed this scenario with my fiance. Immigration reform appears imminent and likely to cover those millions in some form of relief. So the only thing we both can wish for is to hope that the "do-nothing" Congress of ours holds up passing any reform and relief long enough so that it occurs after our petition has been processed, or that additional money and personnel gets allocated to these centers so it not hinder the processing times of I-129Fs.

Doesn't look good, though. It is definitely something to bark at the lawmakers in Washington about, but something tells me they won't listen to us as much as they are eager to get something passed.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We have determined that there is a clear line of activity focused on files filed prior to 11/01/2012. We will provide supporting data for this at a later date.

Do you have how many pending (either still initial review, or ones not approved or denied) petitions there are before 11/1 still. This would help me a lot and would give us an idea how long before they start early Nov filers. PLEASE :)

Side question on your numbers, if a petition has an RFE and then gets approved that petition shows up in the numbers twice right?

Petition Mailed: 11/02/2012

NOA1: 11/07/2012

NOA2: 05/09/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 05/14/2013

NVC Receive: 05/15/2013

NVC Left: 05/17/2013

Consulate Received: 05/22/2013 per DHL

Consulate Received: 06/07/2013 per DOS

Packet 3 Received: 06/13/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 06/14/2013

Medical Complete: 06/17/2013

Packet 3 RFE Email: 06/18/2013 (Passport picture background too dark :/ come on!)

Packet 3 RFE Response: 06/22/2013 (Replacement passport pictures)

Interview Date: 07/23/2013: Approved

Visa Received: 07/27/2013

event.png

Do you have how many pending (either still initial review, or ones not approved or denied) petitions there are before 11/1 still. This would help me a lot and would give us an idea how long before they start early Nov filers. PLEASE smile.png

Side question on your numbers, if a petition has an RFE and then gets approved that petition shows up in the numbers twice right?

Keep in mind this data only covers what would be viewed as October filers.
Status Count Percent
------------------------------------ ----------- ---------------------
Post Decision Activity 940 52.48%
Request for Evidence 578 32.27%
Initial Review 187 10.44%
Decision 65 3.62%
Request for Evidence Response Review 17 0.94%
Acceptance 4 0.22%

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.