soreillygronke1

NVC Wait Time

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband and I sent our paperwork in last November 2016 to the NVC. At the beginning of January we received an RFI and sent the paperwork in right away. we just called today and they said it could be an 11 week wait. Anyone else frustrated and in the same situation?

My story will make you feel better. I sent in our CR1 paperwork Dec, 2015 after we had tried to get married in another country for 3 years. That's another story. They "received" the paperwork in January, 2016. 5 months later, we got an RFE for a divorce paper that takes 90 days to get. After a 4 month wait, with the RFE letter saying they could cancel our CR1 if they didn't receive the paper within 60 days, my husband finally received it. He stood in a long government line day after day for more than 100 days in 100+ degree heat to ask every day about the paper last summer. So we finally got that done, which put us back to the end of the line. BTW, we had sent his divorce papers in with our application, but they wanted a second one. They did not consider the new computerized national one as good enough. Another couple we know had no problem with just submitting the computerized one. Anyway, then we got an RFE because we forgot to send in his police record for another country that he lived in (our stupid mistake!). That put us to the back of the line again. So, here we are, still waiting. They told us if we did not hear anything by this Thursday, to call and have the paper pulled, I assume to finally get someone to look at it. We have known each other for more than 6 years, are a much older couple than most, and feel that time is running out that we will have in the future due to our ages. It's really sad. I have visited him 7 times, both of us have spent tons of money to be together, yet here we still are. We are praying that his papers get sent on to the embassy soon so he can be interviewed.

The most important thing I can tell you is to get your senator's office to call for you. I really think if ours had not been contacting them on our behalf, we would still be sitting here with our papers not even opened. So when I see someone saying "we have waited 3 whole months or something, I think wow! if you only knew."

Then, of course, with him being from Pakistan, we face a possible long AP, which is entirely another story. I just hope we live long enough to have some decent time together here in the USA. Good luck to everybody! Immigration is like living in hell.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I don't know what to do next I paid the AOS the system doesn't let me pay the IV!! I call and the lady told me I will receive an invoice or something like that in 2 or 3 weeks!!

so what can I do people?!!

thanks

Filed: Other Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

My story will make you feel better. I sent in our CR1 paperwork Dec, 2015 after we had tried to get married in another country for 3 years. That's another story. They "received" the paperwork in January, 2016. 5 months later, we got an RFE for a divorce paper that takes 90 days to get. After a 4 month wait, with the RFE letter saying they could cancel our CR1 if they didn't receive the paper within 60 days, my husband finally received it. He stood in a long government line day after day for more than 100 days in 100+ degree heat to ask every day about the paper last summer. So we finally got that done, which put us back to the end of the line. BTW, we had sent his divorce papers in with our application, but they wanted a second one. They did not consider the new computerized national one as good enough. Another couple we know had no problem with just submitting the computerized one. Anyway, then we got an RFE because we forgot to send in his police record for another country that he lived in (our stupid mistake!). That put us to the back of the line again. So, here we are, still waiting. They told us if we did not hear anything by this Thursday, to call and have the paper pulled, I assume to finally get someone to look at it. We have known each other for more than 6 years, are a much older couple than most, and feel that time is running out that we will have in the future due to our ages. It's really sad. I have visited him 7 times, both of us have spent tons of money to be together, yet here we still are. We are praying that his papers get sent on to the embassy soon so he can be interviewed.

The most important thing I can tell you is to get your senator's office to call for you. I really think if ours had not been contacting them on our behalf, we would still be sitting here with our papers not even opened. So when I see someone saying "we have waited 3 whole months or something, I think wow! if you only knew."

Then, of course, with him being from Pakistan, we face a possible long AP, which is entirely another story. I just hope we live long enough to have some decent time together here in the USA. Good luck to everybody! Immigration is like living in hell.....

Ya allah. Omg. I'm so Soto hear that I haven't seen my husband for almost 14 months. You are so patient I was tearing. And I woke up this morning to call NVC and on of the ladies here posted that he just got a baby and she wanting for her husband. To come in. 

God will help us. 

Wish u luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

It's usually a few days after you pay the AOS fee then the link for the IV fee will appear,  once that is paid a few days after processing the DS260 will be available to complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/22/2017 at 3:57 AM, soreillygronke1 said:

My husband and I sent our paperwork in last November 2016 to the NVC. At the beginning of January we received an RFI and sent the paperwork in right away. we just called today and they said it could be an 11 week wait. Anyone else frustrated and in the same situation?

Can you please share what did they request?

Timeline

We forgot to sign one part of a form that was required and they said we did not sent a copy of our W2 for 2015 but when we went and looked back at our exact copy of the packet it was there. I have heard about other people having the same problem.  

I just got my case approved and it was send to NVC on 03/16/2017.  I know is not that long but how long should I wait before calling them? all I received was a letter saying that it was approved but nothing else.

Timeline

That means that they received the paperwork but nothing has been processed. I would say starting calling after 4 weeks. I assume it will take a lot longer than that because the wait for everyone has been longer than the normal time. I also had a RFE at the end of January but even the first processing time was around 10 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/29/2017 at 8:18 PM, Sol1427 said:

Thanks, I was gonna start calling in a month exactly just wanted to know if i should do it sooner. 

I would say call now my case was approved and mail on March 22 and I called nvc today and my case number and iin was assigned on the 25 ...that's right 3 days later I got both numbers and filled out my choice of agent now I'm waiting on iv fee to unlock

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/21/2017 at 5:57 PM, soreillygronke1 said:

They did something similar to me. If you wait 10 weeks and send additional documents, your wait time resets which is extremely frustrating. Should be 11 weeks from the date of the last received mail. So if they received your LAST SENT mail in january it should be 11 weeks from january. Seems its been more than 11 weeks since it is april now. I would request an expedite through NVCexpedite@state.gov

State your situation and Say you have been waiting since November of 2016 at the NVC stage. Tell them you sent in mail and your wait time reset just because of 1 or 2 additional documents. I can imagine this is frustrating and depressing at times so I would recommend stating your emotional hardship too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.