nana_1

need advices..what are my chances?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello every1,

Thank you for your cool forum it helped me alot...

This is my situation and i hope you can give me all the advices and opinions...

Me and my husband are Syrian engineers and we have one baby..

we moved to Germany a year ago after my husband got a student visa ( so we are not refugees and we didnt apply for asylum) ..

we have resident permit in Germany based on our bank account..

last week we renewed our residency in Germany and they gave us 2 years validation.

my husband is doing master degree and he is almost done and working in a company as a student job.

I will be starting master my self next semester after a month.

my child has a kinder garden registration which starts next month.

We got out of Syria 4 years ago.

We travelled to many countries in the past 3 years ( Lebanon - Turkey - Libya - France - Denmark - Egypt)

before coming to Germany we applied to the Visa from Turkey and were refused.

I want to apply for a B1 visa with my child only ( WITHOUT my husband as he is committed to his work) to attend my uncles`s son`s wedding who is a US resident and also visit my family who moved there a year ago and applied for asylum in USA.

I truly have no intentions of staying or illegally immigrate to the USA as we have started out life in Germany.

My questions:

1- Can i mention that my mom and dad are in the USA? or i could ignore that??

2- is it a good point that my husband is not applying for a visa with me?

3- do you recommend buying the tickets and bring them to the interview?

4- what are my chances?

5- any advices?

thank you alot

Edited by nana_1

My questions:

1- Can i mention that my mom and dad are in the USA? or i could ignore that??

2- is it a good point that my husband is not applying for a visa with me?

3- do you recommend buying the tickets and bring them to the interview?

4- what are my chances?

5- any advices?

Hello,

1) Yes - definitely mention it!!!!!

2) I don't know if it's a good point, but explain that you have no intention of leaving him. They may consider that as a compelling reason on why you will return to Germany.

3) No - in my opinion (which can most certainly be wrong!) don't buy tickets. However, if the tickets are fully refundable or can be used for another trip you would do, then I would buy a round trip fare.

4) Really hard to say. It's positive that you are permanent residents of Germany, but they will look at the entire facts of the case they have.

5) Show your intention of traveling, bring your German bank statements, proof of residence (lease agreement but ownership of property would be best), proof of your enrollment in your classes and anything else you can think of that proves you will return to Germany after your trip is concluded.

Hopefully they issue the visitor visa!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Timeline

Leaving one's husband behind is NOT considered a tie to one's country of residence...

Anything you have to demonstrate German residency, along with whatever benefits that offers can make a difference.

If you state on your application or in response to a question by the CO that you do not have immediate relatives in the US, and they find out otherwise, your application will be denied at the speed of light...(COs do not like people who do not tell the truth)....expect them to be able to find out about your parents...

future class enrollment is meaningless, because if you didn't enroll in school, no policemen will be coming after you.

Timeline

Thank you alot for your help..

So it will all depend on the interview and what i can show and explain to the CO... ? :(

another questions please:

-My child is 3 years old .. should he attend the interview with me?

-My sister is in Canada and she will also come to the wedding in the USA.. i havent seen her for 3 years and she havent even met my child yet.. can i say this reason too? or that would be alot of talking???!!!!

This is the truth :( .. just wanna see my sis and family and attend the wedding...

please your advices.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you alot for your help..

So it will all depend on the interview and what i can show and explain to the CO... ? :(

another questions please:

-My child is 3 years old .. should he attend the interview with me?

-My sister is in Canada and she will also come to the wedding in the USA.. i havent seen her for 3 years and she havent even met my child yet.. can i say this reason too? or that would be alot of talking???!!!!

This is the truth :( .. just wanna see my sis and family and attend the wedding...

please your advices.

Your sister isn't a convincing argument. They may ask why not go to Canada

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Post containing inflammatory content removed. Either post constructively or do not post.**

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Thanks..

I have a point which i want to discuss ...

why would the CO think that i want to stay in the USA and maybe apply for asylum there, while i am in Germany which provides way more benefits to the refugees?

if we ever needed to apply for asylum we would prefer Germany, but thank God we support ourselves and we dont need that ...

what do you think of this point?? wont that be a positive thing on my side?

Edited by nana_1

To your point, why would you talk negative about a country you are trying to get a visa to to vist. As a CO, I ould ask the same of you, why did your relative chose to establish residence in the US if Germany could have been a better option for them?

So to better answer your question, thus is an argument/discussion I would not have at the interview. My argument would be better served about your permanent ties to Germany.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply, but it seemed that the post i was replying to was deleted !!!

anyways, for sure i will NOT discuss those points with the CO !!!

and i didnt talk negatively about the US.. but this is the truth when it comes to the asylum processes.

thanks again

What anyone who is trying to get a visa to the US needs to understand, what's most important to the CO is the reasons why you would return to your home country.

People see most things in life one of two ways, the glass is half full, or the glass is half empty.

You will only have 5 minutes at the best at the interview window, if asked why should you be granted a visa, focus on your 5 minutes best answer.

Gaining the visa for you & your child will be totally on your merits

Ties to Germany must be shown

Bank accounts

Total assimilation in that society

Church & associations involvements (may help)

If you all have purchased property there

Be honest & up front with USCIS

Negatives

New to Germany

All permits you hold in Germany have expiration dates do far

The current climate with refugees from that country

Your husband can gain a visa & follow

You have migrated thru numerous countries proving the capability of pulling up roots

You have strong ties in the US

Do not purchase a plane ticket (it does not help)

+ No harm in applying, you are obviously educated & it may add a point to app (my own beliefs) since they

would prefer educated ppl coming than those without proper education

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Thanks..

I have a point which i want to discuss ...

why would the CO think that i want to stay in the USA and maybe apply for asylum there, while i am in Germany which provides way more benefits to the refugees?

if we ever needed to apply for asylum we would prefer Germany, but thank God we support ourselves and we dont need that ...

what do you think of this point?? wont that be a positive thing on my side?

You do need to stress that, you should show your connection with Germany and your lack of interest in moving to the US.

I would not assume anything as a given, plenty of stories in the press contradict logic, for example those holed up in Calais trying to get into the UK, you could say the same.

Hoping this post does not get deleted!

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Be honest & up front with USCIS

OP will not be dealing with USCIS; only the CO at the Embassy or Consulate they interview at.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.