ZaakirahM

Gambia / Senegal Interview Experiences

268 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Can someone tell me if when you pick up your visa you have to stand in cue again to go inside?

Congratulations on the approval!

I hope you got your question answered and that you will be reunited to live a new life with your love one really soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thanks for the congrats - He picked it up today !!! We are so excited, something about finally having it in your hand after four years of working towards being united. He went at 2 and they went inside after signing in, they called people in their own order, not according to the list. We made it!!

So we have been waiting since December 15th for a reason for my husband's AP or a responsor I have written into the embassy email for the last month. I have written my stateam representative, my congressman and Dakar keeps telling everyone that it will take several weeks upto 60 days.Which is total crud because we have not received any information about his AP or why he is still on AP. This is just unnecessary we I sent more information then everyone suggested and I get nothing but AP and it will be several weeks. I really don't like being messed around.

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Senegal, Dakar

March 30, 2015: Married in Gambia

June 30, 2015: I-130 Sent

July 7, 2015: email & text I-130 NOA1 (electronic)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 NOA1 (hardcopy)

July 23, 2015: I-130 Approved NOA2 (electronic no email checked status via USCIS.gov)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 Approved NOA2 (hardcopy)

July 28, 2015: NVC received my case from USCIS (NVC Agent)

August 17, 2015: NVC Assigned my Case (Called in and the NVC Agent provided it to me over the Phone, also updated Phone and Email and assigned Agent.)

August 17, 2015: Completed DS-261 Agent Choice

August 17, 2015: AOS Bill

August 17, 2015: Paid AOS Bill Online

August 17, 2015: Received AOS Cover Page

August 20, 2015: Received IV Bill

August 20, 2015: Paid IV Bill

September 5, 2015: NVC Received Doc (30 Day Wait Begins)

October 5, 2015: Received a Checklist Email (Missed tax documents which I know I sent)

October 9, 2015: NVC Received Checklist and missing tax forms (Round 2 of 30 Day Wait Begins)

October 21, 2015: Called NVC to check status and to ensure the forms had been received; spoke with the rudest person I even have encountered demanded a Supervisor Call back

November 9, 2015: Case Complete from the NVC (Received a direct call from the Supervisor &Appointment date)

November 11, 2015: Received email with Appointment Date and instructions

December 11, 2015: Biometric Screening and Vaccinations Complete with Sealed Envelope

December 15, 2015: Interview placed on Administrative Processing didn’t have enough evidence of relationship and original marriage license.

January 3, 2016: Submitted original marriage license, 600 pages of Viber messages was advised that they would call him and gave him a white 221g Administrative Processing

September 1, 2016: Embassy called him directly and advised him to come in any Wednesday

September 8,2016: Arrived at the Embassy they requested a 2ndBiometric Examination

September 28,2016: Arrived at Embassy with 2nd Biometric Examination Complete with Sealed Envelope received a green ticket and advised to return on next Thursday. (8 day wait begins)

October 6, 2016: Visa APPROVED and in HAND

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Billed

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Paid

October 6,2016: Airline Ticket Purchased expected arrival for October 11,2016 Insha’Allah

AKqjm5.png

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I knew no other way than this, where 'I' does not exist, nor 'you'. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Timeline

Maybe they are having some suspicion that they do not want to say what it is - my husband says he has heard before of embassies doing investigation even in people's village. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that your marriage license had polygamy checked even though you corrected it? Maybe they are trying to investigate if your husband has another wife because of that? I hope I am not too direct but just trying to think of what they would be putting you on ap for. Have you considered talking to a lawyer about it? It sounds like such a frustrating situation for you. Hope it works out soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

So we have been waiting since December 15th for a reason for my husband's AP or a responsor I have written into the embassy email for the last month. I have written my stateam representative, my congressman and Dakar keeps telling everyone that it will take several weeks upto 60 days.Which is total crud because we have not received any information about his AP or why he is still on AP. This is just unnecessary we I sent more information then everyone suggested and I get nothing but AP and it will be several weeks. I really don't like being messed around.

I thought that you mentioned they requested more marriage evidence after the initial interview. If that's the case, they are still investigating the validity of your marriage. Sometimes they even conduct field investigations.

Thank you for your thoughts I was just venting. I didn't have issue with polygamy sorry you have the wrong person. They did request more evidence and we provided more and now we have been waiting.more than 60 days and are now being adived it takes 90 days. Again thank you for the advice but I only needed to vent.

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Senegal, Dakar

March 30, 2015: Married in Gambia

June 30, 2015: I-130 Sent

July 7, 2015: email & text I-130 NOA1 (electronic)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 NOA1 (hardcopy)

July 23, 2015: I-130 Approved NOA2 (electronic no email checked status via USCIS.gov)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 Approved NOA2 (hardcopy)

July 28, 2015: NVC received my case from USCIS (NVC Agent)

August 17, 2015: NVC Assigned my Case (Called in and the NVC Agent provided it to me over the Phone, also updated Phone and Email and assigned Agent.)

August 17, 2015: Completed DS-261 Agent Choice

August 17, 2015: AOS Bill

August 17, 2015: Paid AOS Bill Online

August 17, 2015: Received AOS Cover Page

August 20, 2015: Received IV Bill

August 20, 2015: Paid IV Bill

September 5, 2015: NVC Received Doc (30 Day Wait Begins)

October 5, 2015: Received a Checklist Email (Missed tax documents which I know I sent)

October 9, 2015: NVC Received Checklist and missing tax forms (Round 2 of 30 Day Wait Begins)

October 21, 2015: Called NVC to check status and to ensure the forms had been received; spoke with the rudest person I even have encountered demanded a Supervisor Call back

November 9, 2015: Case Complete from the NVC (Received a direct call from the Supervisor &Appointment date)

November 11, 2015: Received email with Appointment Date and instructions

December 11, 2015: Biometric Screening and Vaccinations Complete with Sealed Envelope

December 15, 2015: Interview placed on Administrative Processing didn’t have enough evidence of relationship and original marriage license.

January 3, 2016: Submitted original marriage license, 600 pages of Viber messages was advised that they would call him and gave him a white 221g Administrative Processing

September 1, 2016: Embassy called him directly and advised him to come in any Wednesday

September 8,2016: Arrived at the Embassy they requested a 2ndBiometric Examination

September 28,2016: Arrived at Embassy with 2nd Biometric Examination Complete with Sealed Envelope received a green ticket and advised to return on next Thursday. (8 day wait begins)

October 6, 2016: Visa APPROVED and in HAND

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Billed

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Paid

October 6,2016: Airline Ticket Purchased expected arrival for October 11,2016 Insha’Allah

AKqjm5.png

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I knew no other way than this, where 'I' does not exist, nor 'you'. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Timeline

Thank you for your thoughts I was just venting. I didn't have issue with polygamy sorry you have the wrong person. They did request more evidence and we provided more and now we have been waiting.more than 60 days and are now being adived it takes 90 days. Again thank you for the advice but I only needed to vent.

I completely understand your frustration.

Dakar, Senegal can get like that, unfortunately.

The only thing you can do is wait...after you've done all you can.

Prayers up for you.

You are more than welcome to vent...that's what this thread is for.

Timeline

Thanks for the congrats - He picked it up today !!! We are so excited, something about finally having it in your hand after four years of working towards being united. He went at 2 and they went inside after signing in, they called people in their own order, not according to the list. We made it!!

Great to hear! Be sure to fill in your Timeline as well so others from Senegal/Senegal Embassy can follow your timeline experience in the future! Need help? See my link below in my signature.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

After reading this forum I'm so scared. I'm going to make sure my fiancé has everything he could possibly need to get through this process. I have been previously married, he has not so I will make sure that he has originals of everything and maybe even try to arrange for him to be in Dakar for the two weeks prior to the interview, not sure how expensive that will be, but it seems that the medical may get a little sticky. I'm really concerned now?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I hope this forum is still active and someone can please please help me. I am desperate. I want to know how do I obtain police clearance from The Gambia. On the NVC website it just gave the address to the Inspector General of Police Force Headquaters at ECOWAS Avenue, Banjul and no other information. I had to do some research online where I found the phone number and email address (I hope that is the correct information). I have tried calling and emailing several times since March but no response. My husband no longer lives there and it will be very expensive to travel to The Gambia just for this and we just don't have such finances. Anyone with information I will really appreciate this. And thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am so nervous and confused about this entire financial process. I know i need a joint sponsor but what I am confused about is does the sponsor have to make enough money to cover me ( 3 person Household) plus themselves or just me (3 person household) alone? I hope someone can answer this for me before I send in my documents. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I am so nervous and confused about this entire financial process. I know i need a joint sponsor but what I am confused about is does the sponsor have to make enough money to cover me ( 3 person Household) plus themselves or just me (3 person household) alone? I hope someone can answer this for me before I send in my documents. :crying:

I believe that the sponsor has to cover themselves (including their own household, listed on taxes) and whomever they are sponsoring to come to the US, if it is you alone, then just you. But if you come with you entire household of 3, then it would be them plus your household of 3.

Edited by Maria1989

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.