33 posts in this topic

Reebs, no we don't have one at this time but we do have like retirement plan & survivor beneficiary which i already submitted before

Thank you Tbone, we'll think about it and find out how much cost for it

Wills are cheap! There are plenty of online legal form sites. I purchased the shell for my will for less than $50.00 and had it notarized at my bank. I then made two copies and sent them to our chosen executor and back-up executor. It is by far the cheapest insurance you can but for your spouse (AND it helps with ROC--"win-win!")

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Wills are cheap! There are plenty of online legal form sites. I purchased the shell for my will for less than $50.00 and had it notarized at my bank. I then made two copies and sent them to our chosen executor and back-up executor. It is by far the cheapest insurance you can but for your spouse (AND it helps with ROC--"win-win!")

Thanks Steve, we had no idea about online legal form until you told me. We already looked it up and found one. Very Helpful

Thanks Steve, we had no idea about online legal form until you told me. We already looked it up and found one. Very Helpful

Excellent! I'm glad my comment helped. Good luck!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Will do then Sukie. about utility bills i already sent them since the first year until the recent one when i sent the package and on the RFE letter they don't mention about it. This are what they mentioned :

1. Child >>> We don't have any except our four legged dogs & cat :)

2. Mortgage / deeds / instrument >> We can't give the mortgage paperwork because already refinance & we'll explain abut the condition

3. Insurance >>> Eventhough i already sent some copies before and they don't mentioned that we submitted them ( they only mentioned we submitted tax, utility, bank statements, greetings card ) not mentioned for pictures or my 3 affidavit letters too

So we'll sending those insurance such as vehicles, health, home insurance & will write on the description letter that unfortunately at this time we don't have life insurance

4. Loan document >>> Can't provide the other car because have to do refinance but the other car there'll be my name on it for the title.

5. Rental / lease agreement >> We don't rent / lease but we'll sending our lease agreement with my name on it for the furniture eventhough is already done paid for it.

6. CC >>> We'll sending the cc statements with my name on it plus copies of the cards

7. ID card of us >>> We sent our driver license before so we'll sending again

What do you think ? Thank you

Do you know about the envelope with the address on it already & they attached with the letter? It won't fit for the paperwork, what is it for, weird :)

Spearmint,

Don't laugh - but our package includes the documents showing that we shipped a cat from Australia to the US. My partner's name is on the vet statements, and my name is on the shipping documents!

It sounds like you are getting closer and closer to having a great package! Do the will. It really will help.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Same goes to both of you too Steve. Next step have to find for the executor

Thanks! Ask a good friend whom you trust to be the executor and you should be fine.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Spearmint,

Don't laugh - but our package includes the documents showing that we shipped a cat from Australia to the US. My partner's name is on the vet statements, and my name is on the shipping documents!

It sounds like you are getting closer and closer to having a great package! Do the will. It really will help.

Sukie in NY

Sukie, hahahaha i can't help not to laugh but hey i feel you, we will send every single thing for them to avoid RFE but look at me, i still got this RFE. yeah, on MOnday my husband will change the title for the car, at least there's 1 car with my name on it & i'll explain for the other one.

Yes, thanks to Steve that let me know that there's cheap paperwork for the will

I'll wait until Nov to sending this because i want to wait for the CC statement for 2 or 3 bills so they can see from the transaction

Good luck to you too Sukie, thank you for the help. I'll be around here if i've another question :))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I-751 problems drew us to this board over seven years ago, we complied with all the evidence required, but still had problems, see the same thing is still going on. Our one year extension was about to expire so had to make another 450 mile trip to our nearest USCIS office to get a I-551 stamp in my wife's current valid foreign passport book. Bringing in two passport photos for an I-94 is another option. Up to you to keep yourself legal.

Another friend that owned his home got an appointment to prove to the USCIS, would cost him a fortune to refinance his home the only way he could add his wife to it according to this bank. USCIS let this go by with a letter from his bank. Another friend living on the Illinois side of St. Louis had to take a train to the Chicago office, just to be told they wanted what I call a worthless joint utility bill. If a bill is not paid, they don't go after the names on the bill, but put a lean on the property holder. But with this knowledge, we also included this.

We also had problems with the DMV with an expired conditional resdency and my wife's employer, state would fine an employer $16,300 if hired an illegal. I contacted an immigration attorney for help, said he couldn't help us, but to contact our senator's office for assistance. They were very kind and understanding, interceded for us, so my wife and stepdaughter finally received their residency cards.

Exactly one year later from the time we submitted our removal of conditions plus a couple of days, we applied for US Citizenship for her. At her interview, she never had her permanent card, but had to show her foreign passport book with her I-551 stamp in it. A couple of weeks, she finally received her permanent resident card only to give it right back at her oath ceremony. Then our journey was finally over.

Suggest you contact your senator's office, you actually have two to choose from. Our one senator didn't even have an immigration department for assistance, so we contacted the other one. They were more than happy to help us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Recently this very topic has been discussed frequently. It seems to be USCIS focus for ROC petitions at this time. Many people, including ourselves, got an RFE for more "marriage bonfides" evidence. Here are some recently similar-themed threads:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/566833-rfe-not-enough-evidence-going-back-to-our-wedding-date/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550902-advice-evidence/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Will do then Sukie. about utility bills i already sent them since the first year until the recent one when i sent the package and on the RFE letter they don't mention about it. This are what they mentioned :

1. Child >>> We don't have any except our four legged dogs & cat :)

2. Mortgage / deeds / instrument >> We can't give the mortgage paperwork because already refinance & we'll explain abut the condition

3. Insurance >>> Eventhough i already sent some copies before and they don't mentioned that we submitted them ( they only mentioned we submitted tax, utility, bank statements, greetings card ) not mentioned for pictures or my 3 affidavit letters too

So we'll sending those insurance such as vehicles, health, home insurance & will write on the description letter that unfortunately at this time we don't have life insurance

4. Loan document >>> Can't provide the other car because have to do refinance but the other car there'll be my name on it for the title.

5. Rental / lease agreement >> We don't rent / lease but we'll sending our lease agreement with my name on it for the furniture eventhough is already done paid for it.

6. CC >>> We'll sending the cc statements with my name on it plus copies of the cards

7. ID card of us >>> We sent our driver license before so we'll sending again

What do you think ? Thank you

Do you know about the envelope with the address on it already & they attached with the letter? It won't fit for the paperwork, what is it for, weird :)

Do you have Vet bill or can you get copies of them? My vet bills come in both mine and my husband's name. I sent them in with our package because I only have one utility in both our names.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

I-751 problems drew us to this board over seven years ago, we complied with all the evidence required, but still had problems, see the same thing is still going on. Our one year extension was about to expire so had to make another 450 mile trip to our nearest USCIS office to get a I-551 stamp in my wife's current valid foreign passport book. Bringing in two passport photos for an I-94 is another option. Up to you to keep yourself legal.

Another friend that owned his home got an appointment to prove to the USCIS, would cost him a fortune to refinance his home the only way he could add his wife to it according to this bank. USCIS let this go by with a letter from his bank. Another friend living on the Illinois side of St. Louis had to take a train to the Chicago office, just to be told they wanted what I call a worthless joint utility bill. If a bill is not paid, they don't go after the names on the bill, but put a lean on the property holder. But with this knowledge, we also included this.

We also had problems with the DMV with an expired conditional resdency and my wife's employer, state would fine an employer $16,300 if hired an illegal. I contacted an immigration attorney for help, said he couldn't help us, but to contact our senator's office for assistance. They were very kind and understanding, interceded for us, so my wife and stepdaughter finally received their residency cards.

Exactly one year later from the time we submitted our removal of conditions plus a couple of days, we applied for US Citizenship for her. At her interview, she never had her permanent card, but had to show her foreign passport book with her I-551 stamp in it. A couple of weeks, she finally received her permanent resident card only to give it right back at her oath ceremony. Then our journey was finally over.

Suggest you contact your senator's office, you actually have two to choose from. Our one senator didn't even have an immigration department for assistance, so we contacted the other one. They were more than happy to help us.

Thank you for your concern but i'll sending the evidence that they asked first & if they deny us, then i'll write the letter to the congressman.

Recently this very topic has been discussed frequently. It seems to be USCIS focus for ROC petitions at this time. Many people, including ourselves, got an RFE for more "marriage bonfides" evidence. Here are some recently similar-themed threads:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/566833-rfe-not-enough-evidence-going-back-to-our-wedding-date/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550902-advice-evidence/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Thank you for the link Pitaya

Do you have Vet bill or can you get copies of them? My vet bills come in both mine and my husband's name. I sent them in with our package because I only have one utility in both our names.

No it's on my husband name but maybe we can change / add my name on it too, thank you. Today we just put my name for the car title too, one step to go

Quick question to all of you.. My husband and I have been thinking to refinance our house and add my name to the mortgage and to the title of his cars for personal reasons plus it would def help if we get RFE. But I was thinking how would a USCIS officer react if he/she sees bunch of new evidence dated right before or after he/she sent the RFE. Do you think it would raise any red flags? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Quick question to all of you.. My husband and I have been thinking to refinance our house and add my name to the mortgage and to the title of his cars for personal reasons plus it would def help if we get RFE. But I was thinking how would a USCIS officer react if he/she sees bunch of new evidence dated right before or after he/she sent the RFE. Do you think it would raise any red flags? Thanks!

Go ahead and do these things. I believe it is better to be in the process if and when an RFE comes than to wait until after the RFE comes to get started. Think about those wills, too!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.