jeY_

K-1 visa co sponsorship in USEM Manila (merged)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I know that the affidavit of support will be required during the interview date. And i know that i and my fiancé is still far from that moment. But i am just making sure of things while waiting.

Have anyone here have used a co sponsor, and the beneficiary is from the Philippines?

If so can you please tell me of how it goes? What were the measures you've done both you (petitioner), co sponsor and your (fiancé)

How did the consul view the case? Like did the consul consider the potential of the petitioner in earning much $$$ in the next few months??? And the potential of the beneficiary of earning when he has already an Ead?

Would it be a red flag if the co sponsor is not related to me by blood since i am the petitioner. But the co sponsor is my fiancé's aunt, who lives in another state?

Please do advise me since i am so lost and confused

Thank you.

(L)(L)(L)

Met in a Texting Clan: Jan. 24, 2012

He started courting even we have not met in person yet: Feb. 1, 2012

He went home in Davao from Manila to meet me; but i refused to see him : Feb 4, 2012

He went back to Manila (without having to see me): Feb. 14, 2012

I said yes to him: March 2, 2012 :dancing::luv:

I went to Manila: April 17, 2012 (his birthday and it was the first surprise I made for him)

He went to where I was staying to meet me in person : April 20, 2012

He proposed despite of not being in good terms: June 26, 2014

(yes! yes! Twas a long engagement. 1 year this June 26, 2015 :dancing: )

Flew back in the U.S after being away for too long: March 19, 2015

Started to compile docs for the K-1 packet: May 11, 2015

Completed: June 2, 2015

K-1 packet sent to Dallas Lockbox: June 5, 2015

Noa1 received via text and e-mail: June 11, 2015

(via USPS priority mail)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Angola ir 2 k1 Manilla?

Manilla does not like co sponsors for k1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hi everyone! I know that the affidavit of support will be required during the interview date. And i know that i and my fiancé is still far from that moment. But i am just making sure of things while waiting.

Have anyone here have used a co sponsor, and the beneficiary is from the Philippines?

If so can you please tell me of how it goes? What were the measures you've done both you (petitioner), co sponsor and your (fiancé)

How did the consul view the case? Like did the consul consider the potential of the petitioner in earning much $$$ in the next few months??? And the potential of the beneficiary of earning when he has already an Ead?

Would it be a red flag if the co sponsor is not related to me by blood since i am the petitioner. But the co sponsor is my fiancé's aunt, who lives in another state?

Thank you.

(L)(L)(L)

He went home in Davao from Manila to meet me; but i refused to see him : Feb 4, 2012

I went to Manila: April 17, 2012 (his birthday and it was the first surprise I made for him)

(via USPS priority mail)

Timeline

You asked already in another forum and in order for anyone to answer you need to clarify if you're IR-2 or K-1 and if you're Angola or Philippines?.....fill out your information properly so you'll get the proper answers.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/548227-k-1-visa-co-sponsorship-in-usem-manila/

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Alright K1 Philippines. Typically frowned upon for cosponsor but not automatically disallowed. Typically there must be a good reason such as both recent college grads because that shows they have potential to earn in the future and understandingly don't right now. The best route for you is a CR-1. Here are links to many of the stories on VJ for K1 Philippine Cosponsors....

http://www.visajourney.com/search/index.php?cx=007424365766759747816%3Auy9flr-th5y&cof=FORID%3A10&q=co-sponsor+for+manilla&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2F&ref=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dmembers%26module%3Dmessaging%26section%3Dview%26do%3DshowConversation%26topicID%3D686115%26st%3D0&ss=8102j3773808j29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please do not make more then one thread for the same or similar topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Co sponsor are case by case basis on K1, and sometimes not even needed if you have zero income

Many people are not being asked for any AOS or I-134 or tax or paystubs.

But have just in case it is needed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

My understanding from your other post is that you, the USC petitioner, only recently returned to the USA.

If that is the case, and if you make a decent salary (ie over the poverty line in annual income), but simply haven't been in the job very long, you should be ok; by the time the interview rolls around, you will have several months worth of payslips.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you for the fast reply.

@penguin_ie: I do not make much as of the moment. You could say $1,600/month at least. I could not full-time. 1st because I am a toddler. I tend to hire a nanny but i am scared if it would happen again of what her nanny back home have to her, you know what i mean. It is better to take precautinoary measure. Plus my toddler doesn't really get along with people she doesn't or just barely knew. I could not afford yet to hire a "professional" nanny who has an experience taking care of a toddler with a hyperactive and impulsive behavior because of my insuffient income. My mom have 3 days off so she gave me that day to work and she's the one taking care of my little one when i am at work. After 3 days of working, i am a stay at home mom again, looking after and taking care of my toddler. There has been a lot of job offers but every single one of them seemed to offer a full time position, and i could not commit and tie myself to that situation though i really wanted to. I read somewhere here on VJ that sometimes CO in the Philippines would give "points" to applicants(petitioner) who are fresh graduates, or those who have earned a degree such as BSN or those who has the potential in earning $$$ in the next few months or so. That is my other hope in getting the visa for my fiancé. Because i have applied for Nclex RN, though the Board of Registered Nursing of California haven't been able to be done in evaluating my credentials yet. But after that i could probably take the exam and hopefully pass. Do you think that would help? Like i would send my fiancé a letter from the BRN certifying that i have applied for Nclex RN so he could show it to the CO during the interview? And do you also think that it is a good idea to ask for a letter from my employer stating that if i could work full time i would earn more than what i am earning as of the moment? I am also planning to inlcude an explanation letter of why i haven't been able to file an ITR over the years and why i am considering to have a co sponsor who happened to be my fiancé's aunt and who lives in a different state. You know just explaining things thoroughly of why i could not make my mom as a co sponsor, of why i chosed his aunt instead. Something like that. Would all of thay help? Please do advise. I am sorry for asking too much. Sometimes things are just not turning the way we wanted it to be. And that is my situation now. I couldn't ask anyone else about this because they do not have any idea with this. And all i could do is turn here and vent out all my confusions questions and all. I hope you guys could help me out with this dilemma. Thank you!

God bless

(L)(L)(L)

(via USPS priority mail)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

BSN grads are having a hard time finding work in California and other parts of the USA. And I understand many recent grads from PHilippines are having concurrency issues with cred. Evaluation thru state of California and not getting ATT to sit for NCLEX.

Will the CO take in consideration your degree? Who knows?

I will say it's a good time to have interview in Philippines, as I said the last few months many people are reporting back CO not asking for any type of support documents.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you.

Yes it is a BIG issue if the co-sponsor is not related, USEM wants the co-sponsor to be a close relation (father, mother, brother, sister) with the K-1. There are no guarantees of acceptance at USEM using a co-sponsor with the K-1 visa, and with the co-sponsor not being close family - all you can do is try. The co-sponsor must complete the same form, I-134 as the petitioner and provide their most recent tax return and W-2 same as the petitioner.

No the embassy does not consider "potential" earnings.

Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.