1,304 posts in this topic

This is a situation where they wee approved at interview. After interview your status changes to Administrative Processing. Dependig on the embassy it can last a day to a few days then it changes to Issued.

The AP you refer to is the one when the CO didn't approve and you get usually a 221g form stating what is up (sometimes) more documents to turn in or they need more time to render a decision or investigation.

great info, thanks for elaborating!

I'm sorry. No you are asking the right questions. You won;t get a supervisor. I remember when I was going through NVC I called every day for 8 months (yes I was there 8 months) and that's how I got to learn so much I got some real knowledgeable folk that liked to talk. If you ever get Gus ask him anything he is the best.

I agree. Of all my conversations with the NVC, Gus was most helpful and informative.

Just to add to the "Administrative Processing" explanation...

After you have your interview, the CO has to enter the fact that you have been "approved" into the Embassy/Consulate system. This "approval" entry on the system generates an instruction to print visa foil (the page that is pasted into your passport). In some Embassies/Consulates, it appears that the visa foil is generated almost immediately after the CO gives you good news.

In other Embassies/Consulates, there appears to be a lag between the "you're approved" and when that critical visa foil is printed and applied.

This lag could be for many reasons. Perhaps they only print the foils once a day, or once every three days. Perhaps there is a double-check system where a supervisor has to look over all the approvals. Each Embassy/Consulate may have a different way to do it.

Last year there was a MAJOR glitch in the software that prints the visa foils, and it took nearly a week before the software was back online. Talk about people flipping out!!!!

So sometimes the "Administrative Processing" only means that you are in a print queue!!!

omg, I forgot about that! yes, it was a big mess and this site was going crazy!!! let's pray it doesn't happen again as it does seem that there is a long line of case completes waiting interview and visa approvals.

I would say definitely. Montreal filled up all of May with the first round of scheduling for May, it looks like--people were getting interview dates right to the end of the month--so I'm hoping to hear next week but think even if I do, it will be for June.

sad to say, I agree with you. although I am 15 days behind you I'm not expecting any news before the end of next week, maybe even month end for a late June/very early July interview. looking at the data, there are 8 Canadians waiting interviews (all case completes from Mar 23 to Apr 7), wow the NVC was really on a Canadian roll. If I get in sooner, it really will be a miracle.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you so much for the heads up!!!!!! We got married on May 26, 2013 and he's flying in today. So we are short a little over a month. Paid the $165. So if i understand correctly, I will have to file Removal of Conditions in February 2017? Thank you!!!! Have a blessed day yall!!!!!

Thats awesome. For now just wait about 2 weeks if no SS in mail than go to social security office ad apply. Green card should come between 4 to 8 weeks.

Now enjoy your life together. Mercies Journeys. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

After you have your interview, the CO has to enter the fact that you have been "approved" into the Embassy/Consulate system. This "approval" entry on the system generates an instruction to print visa foil (the page that is pasted into your passport). In some Embassies/Consulates, it appears that the visa foil is generated almost immediately after the CO gives you good news.

In other Embassies/Consulates, there appears to be a lag between the "you're approved" and when that critical visa foil is printed and applied.

This lag could be for many reasons. Perhaps they only print the foils once a day, or once every three days. Perhaps there is a double-check system where a supervisor has to look over all the approvals. Each Embassy/Consulate may have a different way to do it.

Last year there was a MAJOR glitch in the software that prints the visa foils, and it took nearly a week before the software was back online. Talk about people flipping out!!!!

So sometimes the "Administrative Processing" only means that you are in a print queue!!!

Great information. Sukie you are my Queen.

Lord I so remember that glitch. People were ready to jump off the ledges I swear.

I remember back in 2012 when the Visa machine broke in Ghana it was horrid weeks and weeks wait after interview.

This scheduling for May was like no other. Seems every few moths NVC changes up. When This thread was first started the 2mnd week of the month was scheduling time. I swear NVC quoted that like a bible verse. Than they would be the 1st week than by March 2013 it was the last few days of the previous month. But this early May business has thrown it all off. But I feel a second round coming which also is a new thank that stared about last summer.

With all the fast approvals now at USCIS seems NVC is beside themselves and the scheduling well who knows whatis up. They need me to just do it. hehe

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

I have a couple of question about The interview letter /instructions. Is it sent to the applicant, the petitioner, or both and How is it sent email or snail mail?

Filed: Timeline

I have a couple of question about The interview letter /instructions. Is it sent to the applicant, the petitioner, or both and How is it sent email or snail mail?

Both the petitioner and the beneficiary will get the letter of instructions (P4) by email if you provided the beneficiary's email during the process. If you have lawyer or who ever you put as choice of agent on DS-261 will get as well. Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you

It is well. I can see how you might have taken my response as snarky. But it wasn't meant that way. I said did you get an interview which you could have gotten. I never assume. But you have to realize when I answer questions I also am trying to answer for a wider audience. People come to these threads months years after all of you have gone on with your lives. If they choose to read I want them to follow along and know the facts of the matter and know what is going on.

Again I do apologize if I came off as harsh or shirt. Was not my intention. Trust me on this. I love maintaining this thread. It was birthed from a very close friend of mine that moved on after her husband got here back in 2012.

I want the best for you all you are more like my children (I think I am old enough for that). I am praying that soon P4 letters start raining down.

I haven't posted a lot here in the different threads but I would like to share a few things:

#1 After 14 and 1/2 months of waiting, my husband's visa is ready to be issued as of this morning at the Abu Dhabi Embassy. We were in Administrative Processing for 2 and 1/2 months. My husband interviewed at the end of January. We feel so thankful, blessed and ready for the next part of the journey together soon. We owe so much to this site- not one RFE, checklist or document was missing thanks to the guides, experts and a lot of reading and rereading here.

#2 I have used this website EXTENSIVELY since months before we started the process and I can only say: Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who maintain the site and monitor all of the threads. Especially DWheels... you have been there through every high and low since my husband's case was at NVC. From getting our case initially approved at the NVC, en route to the Abu Dhabi Embassy, to the interview and afterwards. I personally hit a very low place when we went into Administrative Processing and can only say that it was DWheels who at one point gave me advice to stay strong that really got me through a very dark time and encouraged to have faith. God bless you, DWheels. You have done a beautiful job maintaining this thread.

#3 For everyone who is still waiting at any point in this process, I have found the following to be so helpful in this process:

• Read and reread the guides and processes on this site
  • Fill out your timeline regularly- this is so helpful to other members
  • Don't be afraid to reach out to your senator's office to inquire about your case at the embassy level

DWheels, I will stand with you in prayer for P4 letters to come quickly and soon. Be encouraged!

Timeline

I haven't posted a lot here in the different threads but I would like to share a few things:

#1 After 14 and 1/2 months of waiting, my husband's visa is ready to be issued as of this morning at the Abu Dhabi Embassy. We were in Administrative Processing for 2 and 1/2 months. My husband interviewed at the end of January. We feel so thankful, blessed and ready for the next part of the journey together soon. We owe so much to this site- not one RFE, checklist or document was missing thanks to the guides, experts and a lot of reading and rereading here.

#2 I have used this website EXTENSIVELY since months before we started the process and I can only say: Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who maintain the site and monitor all of the threads. Especially DWheels... you have been there through every high and low since my husband's case was at NVC. From getting our case initially approved at the NVC, en route to the Abu Dhabi Embassy, to the interview and afterwards. I personally hit a very low place when we went into Administrative Processing and can only say that it was DWheels who at one point gave me advice to stay strong that really got me through a very dark time and encouraged to have faith. God bless you, DWheels. You have done a beautiful job maintaining this thread.

#3 For everyone who is still waiting at any point in this process, I have found the following to be so helpful in this process:

• Don't be afraid to reach out to your senator's office to inquire about your case at the embassy level

DWheels, I will stand with you in prayer for P4 letters to come quickly and soon. Be encouraged!

Congratulations that is such wonderful news.

t4582.gift4614.gif Thank you dear this was sweet of you to mention me.

Edited by dwheels76

ROC I-751

N-400

congrats!

and, thank you for sharing your gratitude and wisdom.

the people behind the scenes really do a lot and probably a lot more than we know. I too am very grateful for this site and for the wealth of information provided.

may you continued to be blessed abundantly. :)

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is a situation where they wee approved at interview. After interview your status changes to Administrative Processing. Dependig on the embassy it can last a day to a few days then it changes to Issued.

The AP you refer to is the one when the CO didn't approve and you get usually a 221g form stating what is up (sometimes) more documents to turn in or they need more time to render a decision or investigation.

Ahhh thank you so much for clarifying! I am so glad I was wrong!! AP (the second kind you were referring to) seems terrible! Waiting just a couple days is not so bad! And I'm glad to know this because if after my interview I had seen it say "administrative processing" I would have lost it!!!

Thank you for the extra information!! It makes a lot of sense!

Does henna (Mehendi) affect fingerprinting? I have it right now. And I fear it might cause issue

if its orginal henna with no chemical,i dont think its gonna be an issue

but if its a color made henna.its gonna be a problem.cuz fake henna has color on in.which creates a layer on ur hand

Citizenship Timeline:

Service Center : Online  |  CIS Office : Philadelphia  |  Date Filed : 2018-08-23  |  NOA Date : 2018-08-24  |  Bio. Appt. : 2018-09-20  |  Interview Date : 4th April  (scheduled on 25th feb) |  RFE: 25th April. Approved : MAY 15/ In line for Oath 17th MaY |  Oath Ceremony :30th MaY

USCIS

13-12-2013 - Sent i-130 received

17-12-2013 - NOA1 hard copy

06-06-2014-I-130 RFE

13-06-2014 - RFE hard copy

25-06-2014 - RFE sent

01-07-2014 - RFE response review email received

22-07-2014 - NOA2 (approved in 221 days)

30-07-2014=i-130 Sent to NVC

NVC

12-08-2014 - NVC received the case

22-08-2014 - NVC case number assigned

23-08-2014 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated

25-08-2014 - DS-261 completed online

25-08-2014 -AOS Bill paid ($ 88)

26-08-2014--AOS bill appeared as PAID

29-08-2014 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package (via USPS Certified Mail)

02-09-2014 - AOS Package Received and scanned at NVC

26-09-2014 --IV bill invoiced and paid

02-10-2014 --Iv package sent via usps

06-10-2014 --Iv package Received and scanned at nvc

08-10-2014--DS-260 completed online

14-11-2014--- checklist (AOS)

17-11-2014---- checklist sent via USPS

19-11-2014 checklist received at nvc

12-02-2015--- checklist (IV-police certificate)

17-02-2015 checklist received at nvc

11-03-2015 Case Complete

25-03-2015 - Interview scheduled

Consulate
16-04-2015 - Medical
19-05-2015 - Interview (approved) but put me on AP for no reason.

20-09-2015-Visa Issued at CEAC website
21-09-2015 - Visa in hand
01-10-2015 - POE

11-01-2016- Received 10 years green card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations :) If you dont mind sharing, why was your case in AP. Thanks!

Timeline

if its orginal henna with no chemical,i dont think its gonna be an issue

but if its a color made henna.its gonna be a problem.cuz fake henna has color on in.which creates a layer on ur hand

WOWgood information. Love Henna. So beautiful.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.