Girl from Celebes

Why Chinese moms want American babies

77 posts in this topic

Hmm...these stories are always sensationalized to one side to attract readers.

What about the American men that wanted Chinese babies...??? :lol:

For pregnant Chinese women to have a baby in US,

they would have to come to US perhaps few months early

as I'm not sure how easily they can get tourist visa late in their pregnancy.

And for them to be able to find a place to stay, pay for all the living expenses

and the hospital bills...this is not something ordinary Chinese women can do

as they only make in general 5% to 20% of US salary.

Some figures and facts are not adding up here.

That said, I wonder how many Mexican pregnant women are doing this??

Have you read what I posted here? birth tourism is a big business here.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-birth-tourism-schemes-raids-20150303-story.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/09/birth-tourism-pregnant-women-from-china-taiwan-stay-in-bay-area-maternity-homes-child-gets-united-states-citizenship/

Obviously, those who can afford to travel to US to give birth are not the ordinary chinese salaried women worker.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Have you read what I posted here? birth tourism is a big business here.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-birth-tourism-schemes-raids-20150303-story.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/09/birth-tourism-pregnant-women-from-china-taiwan-stay-in-bay-area-maternity-homes-child-gets-united-states-citizenship/

Obviously, those who can afford to travel to US to give birth are not the ordinary chinese salaried women worker.

:thumbs:

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

try this:

It's all plan of their illegal plan to get to America to birth their babies.

Federal agents raided about 20 locations in three Southern California counties early Tuesday as part of an investigation targeting “birth tourism” schemes in which pregnant Chinese women travel to the United States on fraudulent visas so that their children will be born U.S. citizens.

Search warrants were served at the homes of people federal authorities suspect of running the operations as well as at apartment complexes in Irvine, Rancho Cucamonga, Rowland Heights and Walnut where pregnant women were allegedly being housed.

According to affidavits unsealed Tuesday, operators charged expectant Chinese mothers tens of thousands of dollars for services that guided the women through obtaining tourist visas, coached them on successfully making their way into the country and housed them for months as they awaited giving birth.

Federal agents raid alleged 'maternity hotels' in L.A. area

The raids represent a rare federal crackdown against a widespread practice of foreign nationals giving birth in the U.S.

Many agencies openly advertise services called “maternity hotels” or “birthing centers,” offering assistance in getting their newborns a U.S. passport and extolling the benefits that come with American citizenship, including public education and immigration benefits for parents. Taiwanese, Korean and Turkish mothers are also known to engage in birth tourism, which isn’t necessarily illegal.

Those behind the operations targeted in Tuesday’s raids, however, are suspected of engaging in visa fraud and conspiracy by helping women falsify records for their visa screening and coaching them to falsely claim that they are traveling to the U.S. as tourists, according to affidavits filed in support of the search warrants.

No arrests were expected Tuesday, but authorities said Homeland Security and Internal Revenue Service investigators would be seizing possible evidence and interviewing the mothers for potential criminal charges against scheme operators.

At a Rowland Heights apartment complex, about 40 personnel from various law enforcement agencies pounded on doors early Tuesday morning.

Teams of agents aided by interpreters entered about a dozen apartments, conducting interviews and gathering evidence such as diaper boxes and trash. Some poked flashlights into the units where residents wouldn't open the door.

"Baby here," said one agent, beckoning another inside an apartment.

Pregnant woman in sweat clothes and carrying plastic bags of laundry cast confused looks at the agents. Screen doors in neighboring apartments slid open, then clapped shut. Wailing babies could be heard.

I am a mother, I want to be healthy. I want my child to be happy. I want air to breathe. - Wu, identified only by her last name, a soon-to-be mother

One woman, Liou, who asked to be identified only by her last name, said she was eight months pregnant. She said she came to the U.S. to give birth to skirt China’s one-child policy. Liou declined to say which birth tourism agency arranged her trip, or whether she used the services of Star Baby Care, the company targeted in the raid.

"One more month," she said, leaning back a bit. Liou, 40, said she plans to return to China after she gives birth.

A federal law enforcement agent who declined to identify himself said multiple birth tourism companies were operating out of the same apartment complex.

Another soon-to-be mother who asked to be identified by her last name, Wu, said she came to the U.S. from the Hunan region of China in December. She said that while she understood that the practice of birth tourism was controversial, she wants her child to have a future.

"If things were good in China, why would we need to come here?" said Wu, who also declined to say which agency arranged her trip.

Wu says the pregnant Chinese mothers all pay for their own services and contribute to the local economy. The food is good in Rowland Heights, and it's always sunny, she said.

In a few weeks, Wu said, she will have a daughter. With American citizenship, her daughter will have "very big, very happy" future, she said.

"I am a mother, I want to be healthy. I want my child to be happy. I want air to breathe," Wu said.

Aaron Savellano, a resident of the apartment complex, said he wasn't familiar with the business that was the subject of Tuesday’s raid. But around his apartment, he sees the pregnant Chinese women "everywhere," he said.

One affidavit quoted a law review article estimating that about 40,000 of 300,000 children born to foreign citizens in the U.S. each year were the product of birth tourism.

Federal agents walk away with evidence boxes after serving search warrants and questioning several residents at a Rowland Heights apartment complex while investigating "birth tourism" centers. (Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times)

According to an affidavit about an Irvine-based operation known as “You Win USA,” women are instructed to enter the U.S. through popular destinations such as Hawaii or Las Vegas, rather than Los Angeles, where authorities are more likely to suspect birth tourism, and to purchase tour packages and make hotel reservations to make their stories more convincing. Authorities said they also expect to find evidence of tax fraud, money laundering and other federal crimes through the searches.

In the Irvine case, an undercover agent posed as an expectant mother and contacted a representative of "You Win USA.” The agency helped her come up with a bogus Chinese employer, a false proof of income and a fake college diploma to bolster the appearance that she was likely to return to China after a brief visit, according to the affidavit.

A China-based “trainer” assigned to help “package” the visa application asked for a full-length frontal and side photo of the undercover agent’s belly to see how visible her pregnancy was, agents wrote in the affidavit.

“I just need to see what your belly is like right now,” the trainer said, according to the affidavit.

Agents also wrote that the scheme defrauded hospitals at which the women gave birth. Even though the mothers paid birth tourism operators between $15,000 and $50,000 for the service, they paid local hospitals nothing or a reduced sum for uninsured, low-income patients, according to the affidavit.

More than 400 women associated with the Irvine location have given birth at one Orange County hospital since 2013, agents wrote in the affidavit. One of the women paid $4,080 out of $28,845 in hospital bills when her bank account showed charges at Wynn Las Vegas and purchases made at Rolex and Louis Vuitton stores, the affidavit said.

Hmm...these stories are always sensationalized to one side to attract readers.

What about the American men that wanted Chinese babies...??? :lol:

For pregnant Chinese women to have a baby in US,

they would have to come to US perhaps few months early

as I'm not sure how easily they can get tourist visa late in their pregnancy.

And for them to be able to find a place to stay, pay for all the living expenses

and the hospital bills...this is not something ordinary Chinese women can do

as they only make in general 5% to 20% of US salary.

Some figures and facts are not adding up here.

That said, I wonder how many Mexican pregnant women are doing this??

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was under the impression, That Chinese family were offering like $50,000 recently if they could marry an American Male and get daughter to USA.

Filed: Timeline

Federal agents raid 20 suspected 'maternity hotels' in California

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Federal agents raided about 20 Southern California locations on Tuesday suspected of involvement in "maternity tourism" schemes offering travel and lodging services to pregnant foreign women seeking to give birth in the United States, U.S. immigration officials said.

Authorities say the so-called maternity hotels targeted in the sweep catered largely to women from China who paid $15,000 to $50,000, depending on services provided, in hopes of obtaining U.S. citizenship for their children.

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-agents-raid-20-suspected-maternity-hotels-california-175144236.html

Filed: Timeline

Birth tourism is real. And it's an issue. The 14th amendment was written before people from any place in the world could make it onto these shores within hours. It wasn't intended to afford citizenship to babies born to tourists for sure. As with many of the amendments to the Constitution, it's maybe time to do a little revisit.

Birth tourism is real. And it's an issue. The 14th amendment was written before people from any place in the world could make it onto these shores within hours. It wasn't intended to afford citizenship to babies born to tourists for sure. As with many of the amendments to the Constitution, it's maybe time to do a little revisit.

That's the thing. Would do Americans like if there is a change for something "outdated" in Constitution?

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

I hardly doubt that has any truth to it.

I don't know about the price, but I have no doubt that there are cases where it happens. I know American's who were paid by an alien to marry them so they could get papers and the going rate was $10k and that was several years ago. It happens more than you think it does.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I don't know about the price, but I have no doubt that there are cases where it happens. I know American's who were paid by an alien to marry them so they could get papers and the going rate was $10k and that was several years ago. It happens more than you think it does.

One of my American friends received offer from a foreign woman - I don't want to mention where she was come from - to pay handsome money so he could married and bring her to the U.S. Of course he refused it and when he told me that story I just couldn't believe there was some desperate woman willing to do that.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)