610 posts in this topic

hello-2.gif Everyone...

super-smiley-emoticon.gif

Job with the videos!!

I took a few days off here, after what the lady at NVC told me, I just had a huge depression...super-sad.gif

She told me that AP :alien:Alien Punishment :alien: has no specified end, it just depends on when the consolate finishes their processing. So, I said, "so....it could take like 20 years?" :clock: And she said, "Well, let's hope not...Sorry we can't help you, you'll have to email the embassy directly with any further inquiries."

:cry: It's just so immensly sad, and heart breaking that this immigration process is like this, no one tells you that you can get screwed in the end...stuck in some twilight zone type pergatorysad-ghost-smiley-emoticon.gif spooky-tree.gif

campaigning-politician-smiley-emoticon.g :idea::idea::idea:Great idea for the youtube videos! (Janelle's had me bawling :crying:) group-hugging-smiley-emoticon.gifHugs to all who made them, you all did Awesome!!! :dancing: The determination to get the word out about our realities is very encouraging :goofy:

I'm really making an effort to dig myself digger-smiley-emoticon.gif out of this depression and try to be positive.

I want to thank all of you for your supportive natures here. sweet-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif Really this is my only place to chat with others in my same situtation!

Hi Natasha,

No worries, we all feel the same way. I cried all last night because I keep feeling like I am losing and not gaining anything. Don't give up. Send me some words about your experience and one photo. I can add you to our channel. You have posted a good example, right here of what people need to see. Let me know what you think.

"I took a few days off here, after what the lady at NVC told me, I just had a huge depression...super-sad.gif

She told me that AP :alien:Alien Punishment :alien: has no specified end, it just depends on when the consolate finishes their processing. So, I said, "so....it could take like 20 years?" :clock: And she said, "Well, let's hope not...Sorry we can't help you, you'll have to email the embassy directly with any further inquiries."

:cry: It's just so immensly sad, and heart breaking that this immigration process is like this, no one tells you that you can get screwed in the end...stuck in some twilight"

Natasha, I am so sorry to hear you are feeling down. I hope AP ends for you soon. I'm so sorry.

You know what I am afraid of the most? Even if they reaffirm our petition, the embassy will send us straight to AP again without an interview. We are doomed. I've thought of just having my husband to move to another country and try another embassy, but I heard that is useless.

Maybe we should accept the inevitable and realize he will never get a visa. No one really cares about legal immigration anyway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am SURE he will get here. I'm just sorry it's costing you so much time, money and energy.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello-2.gif Everyone...

super-smiley-emoticon.gif

Job with the videos!!

I took a few days off here, after what the lady at NVC told me, I just had a huge depression...super-sad.gif

:cry: It's just so immensly sad, and heart breaking that this immigration process is like this, no one tells you that you can get screwed in the end...stuck in some twilight zone type pergatorysad-ghost-smiley-emoticon.gif spooky-tree.gif

campaigning-politician-smiley-emoticon.g :idea::idea::idea:Great idea for the youtube videos! (Janelle's had me bawling :crying:) group-hugging-smiley-emoticon.gifHugs to all who made them, you all did Awesome!!! :dancing: The determination to get the word out about our realities is very encouraging :goofy:

I'm really making an effort to dig myself digger-smiley-emoticon.gif out of this depression and try to be positive.

I want to thank all of you for your supportive natures here. sweet-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif Really this is my only place to chat with others in my same situtation!

Oh sweet heart I'm so sorry and I've missed you so much. I'm trying my best also to be positive but the more I read on VJ the worse it gets. I know it's good to be informed but sometimes it's best to just stick your head in the sand. I just don't want to do anything i just want to sit and stare or sleep. I don't tell my husband because he feels so bad constantly saying it's his fault he should have listened to me. But I least I have you and the rest of the gang.

You mind doll if I use the :alien: Alien Punishment :alien:of yours it's so darn funny? Love you!

You know what I am afraid of the most? Even if they reaffirm our petition, the embassy will send us straight to AP again without an interview. We are doomed. I've thought of just having my husband to move to another country and try another embassy, but I heard that is useless.

Maybe we should accept the inevitable and realize he will never get a visa. No one really cares about legal immigration anyway.

I'll be praying this wont happen, God must hear our prayers, I don't want to believe we don't have any recourse in this matter. :( I find myself holding my breath then feeling like I'm drowning all the time. Wish I could go to sleep for months.

Hi Everyone!

I have following the rant threads for some time. I pray for you all to be reunited with your spouses soon!

Hello Sial welcome to the thread and thank you very much for the prayers how kind and thoughtful of you. God bless you for your kindness. :)

So I just spent the last little bit reading all the posts in this thread as I had not had a chance till now.

It is amazing to me how strong people on this forum are. I for one feel like I am already going bonkers and it is reading things on here that helps (sometimes it makes me feel worse too but that is another story).

The entire process is crazy. Like others have said it is demoralizing, dehumanizing, depressing, stressful, aggravating and so many other words.

I can't believe that in today's technologically advanced world that the process is still where it is. In today's fast paced technological life, that we still have no idea on true timelines, true processes, etc.

Being an IT guy by profession I work daily with this fast past tech and how everyone wants everything now. And technology has grown to facilitate that.

But in the case of the immigration process, it seems to be stuck decades behind. Where large portions are still done by paper internally (mind you we don't really know) and where no one can really tell you where your case is.

You would think with technology this is something we could overcome. I don't mean that it could be made perfect because in don't think that is possible. But you would at least think that they could five better time lines, better updates, etc. And that could also help work fast. With technology they should be able to predict how long your case will take. They could calculate on average how many they process, where you are from the front, etc. And then tell you it should be this long. And when things change, tell you. If it will take longer, tell you.

Technology should be able to help balance workload, help predict trends, staffing requirements, etc.

But this is all just my opinion. But maybe that is what makes it harder for me. Since info work with tech and see what is possible in other ways, it frustrates me more.

For now we all just have to keep hoping and pushing. Pushing for the powers that be to fix the issue. If not to help us but to help others. And I'm not saying tech is the answer. But they need to find some way to make it better. Or I think it will just get worse.

I agree but I truly think they like it this way chaotic which helps them everything. I think they know exactly what they're doing. Would be nice if they got rid of the psychopaths they use as Co's also.

thank-you-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

(L) Our wish is that all of us have a stress free ISSUED. (L)

(F) Dear God, grant us Serenity knowing our visas are in YOUR hands..and give us rest in your arms knowing they will be issued soon. Amen. (F)

Amen to that. :(

Edited by Soloenta

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

WARNING, I posted on a few threads about the videos and didn't even think it was considered Spam I thought at VJ it was more considered an invitation to try to make our problem known. I not for a minutes thought I was doing anything wrong but many complained so please no one post about this on other treads unless your just talking about it. I put up links to our thread and why it was important and a link to the YouTube videos. So I for one wont be doing that again. I think, hope people can tweet, FB and talk about it in other media.

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Simple work around for advertising the videos:when you are featured in a video, put it in your signature. "featured in America, where is my spouse! *insert link to your episode here *"

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

WARNING, I posted on a few threads about the videos and didn't even think it was considered Spam I thought at VJ it was more considered an invitation to try to make our problem known. I not for a minutes thought I was doing anything wrong but many complained so please no one post about this on other treads unless your just talking about it. I put up links to our thread and why it was important and a link to the YouTube videos. So I for one wont be doing that again. I think, hope people can tweet, FB and talk about it in other media.

You weren't doing anything wrong! It's made by VJers for the purpose of helping VJers. Sometimes the people here make me so mad <_<

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

That's a great idea!

Good morning!

A few suggestions to get the word out.

The site Upworthy. They get thing seen by thousands of people quickly.

https://www.upworthy.com/submit

Also, if someone is a part of any of the Facebook groups, they could share the information there.

Hi Maharosa

did you look at the music? I feel so bad. :cry:

That's a great idea!

Good morning!

A few suggestions to get the word out.

The site Upworthy. They get thing seen by thousands of people quickly.

https://www.upworthy.com/submit

Also, if someone is a part of any of the Facebook groups, they could share the information there.

Oaky, I put the music back and I put the information about who made the song at the bottom and did the youtube copyright acknowledgment thingy. This fixed the problem. You may now view it. yippy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.