Serendipity999

I-94 incorrect travel history

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. My cousin arrived here in the US as a tourist on March 20 and supposed to return to the middle east on 31st of March. (Round trip ticket). However, she decided to extend her planned vacation; but took for granted canceling her return flight.

When she checked her I-94 online, she found out that on the travel history record, it is stated that she already departed the US on 31st March, based on her return flight schedule. Will it impose a problem to her? Please advise. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi. My cousin arrived here in the US as a tourist on March 20 and supposed to return to the middle east on 31st of March. (Round trip ticket). However, she decided to extend her planned vacation; but took for granted canceling her return flight.

When she checked her I-94 online, she found out that on the travel history record, it is stated that she already departed the US on 31st March, based on her return flight schedule. Will it impose a problem to her? Please advise. Thanks.

A problem as in how her leaving or ever coming back?

See when she leaves she will be in system and they will know the other date was a mistake and they will know she overstayed. So yes an issue to be sure. Why does she ever plan to leave?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Has she overstayed the exit date on her I-94?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When did she leave?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

When did she leave?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

That is a LOT of vacation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Her I-94 is still valid til september.

My apologizes I misread and I thought the March 31 date coincided with her I-94 leave date. She is cool but she should not take every last day of it if she wants to come back just leave a little room.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's going to create a problem if CBP thinks she already left and she's still here. It's not supposed to show she left unless she was on the flight manifest (which is how they do exit controls) so if the airline forgot to take her off, it's going to look like she left and came back without inspection. Especially since she's staying for a loooong time. My mom got in trouble for that back when there were physical I-94s, and the blame laid solely on her and not on the airline at all.

If I were you, I'd find your nearest CPB office and try to rectify the record.

It's going to create a problem if CBP thinks she already left and she's still here. It's not supposed to show she left unless she was on the flight manifest (which is how they do exit controls) so if the airline forgot to take her off, it's going to look like she left and came back without inspection. Especially since she's staying for a loooong time. My mom got in trouble for that back when there were physical I-94s, and the blame laid solely on her and not on the airline at all.

If I were you, I'd find your nearest CPB office and try to rectify the record.

I agree that not straightening this out could pose a problem down the road. I would schedule a USCIS info-pass appointment and let them know she hasn't left.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.