2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Your priority date is 2008 and you're getting the interview letter now? Or did you mean April 2009 priority date?

Indeed, my APR 29 2008 priority date became current as of Jan 2016.

Despite sending in everything (nothing rejected or dismissed in terms of paperwork), It took the NVC a whopping 8 months to complete my case.

This was in the midst of calling, writing, getting the case expedited and getting my petitioner's congressman to add pressure.

So I wake up one morning, check my email and there it is: the "Silver" letter ("gold is the actual approval that gets you across the finish line).

Needless to say I am dismayed yet uncomplaining nonetheless.

All is well that ends well I guess.

And look what we have here: September's bulletin is estimated to jump forward a whole 4 months - awesome. Hope you guys all get your letters and meet your loved ones.

Good luck to everyone on this forum and I hope and pray they don't have to go through what I've been through.

:idea:

Edited by ikeben

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Indeed, my APR 29 2008 priority date became current as of Jan 2016.

Despite sending in everything (nothing rejected or dismissed in terms of paperwork), It took the NVC a whopping 8 months to complete my case.

This was in the midst of calling, writing, getting the case expedited and getting my petitioner's congressman to add pressure.

So I wake up one morning, check my email and there it is: the "Silver" letter ("gold is the actual approval that gets you across the finish line).

Needless to say I am dismayed yet uncomplaining nonetheless.

All is well that ends well I guess.

And look what we have here: September's bulletin is estimated to jump forward a whole 4 months - awesome. Hope you guys all get your letters and meet your loved ones.

Good luck to everyone on this forum and I hope and pray they don't have to go through what I've been through.

:idea:

Wow...it's all gonna be for a reason. Thank God the wait is over..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We recently got a welcome email from NVC and we're on Step 2 (Processing Fees payment), I understand that when the Applicant is married with children, he can only bring his wife and children (under 21 yrs old) with him. I'm the eldest son of my Dad and over 21 but I'm still seeing my name listed on the consular application center website. My question is, does it mean I'm still qualified? Should we pay the processing fee under my name? We dont want to pay it without confirming because it's non-refundable.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We recently got a welcome email from NVC and we're on Step 2 (Processing Fees payment), I understand that when the Applicant is married with children, he can only bring his wife and children (under 21 yrs old) with him. I'm the eldest son of my Dad and over 21 but I'm still seeing my name listed on the consular application center website. My question is, does it mean I'm still qualified? Should we pay the processing fee under my name? We dont want to pay it without confirming because it's non-refundable.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Are you F1? Does your father petitioned you?

Or your father is F3 and you are his eldest son who aged out?

Filed: Timeline

Thank you to all that responded to my earlier posts. I really do appreciate the feedback. Just thought I'd follow up. I did get a IL and am wondering what my next steps are.

Do I have to wait for the embassy to contact me to schedule my medical??

Also, I read something (somewhere) about having to register and/or confirm my interview with the embassy by registering on the embassy website. Does anyone know anything about this?

Not really sure what to do next..

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please check your country portal on this site. You'll learn more on what to do after getting interview letter. I received interview email on 12th August.

Pd:02 July 2009

WL:13 January 2016

Ref: april 2016 (didn't include police report, got it and sent it in)

Cc:27 may 2016

Interview schedule :

Interview date:

POE:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, please for the interview preparation. Asides from the normal thins required. What are other necessary thins to take along? Also the tax filed by the petitioner..is it the copy or the original that my dad should send..please help out trying to arrange my documents. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.