2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

did they ask for the tax transcript in the checklist you got for the interview?

also, i believe you need to bring the very birth certificate you submitted to NVC, except if not NPC issued, then you have to get the NPC one

It's not NPC issued...just got the one of NPC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Omoade, please i would like some answers from you. I see you are on a F1 visa Petition. I want to know if your parents filed for you or you are on a F1 student visa petition. I have a situation here.

I have my siblings back in Nigeria my mum filed for them and they are unmarried over 21 which leads them to being on a F1 visa category and their priority date is june 2nd 2011. Two of them were approved in December 2013 and the other two approved in January of 2014 by the USCIS. Now the petitions are with NVC waiting for priority date to be current.

My question to you is when was your priority date and when did the NVC send to you your choice of agent form and when did your process got completed with NVC and how many years did you have to wait before you got your interview date?. Please i need your help. The beneficiaries are Nigerians. Thank you for your co-operation.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Omoade, please i would like some answers from you. I see you are on a F1 visa Petition. I want to know if your parents filed for you or you are on a F1 student visa petition. I have a situation here.

I have my siblings back in Nigeria my mum filed for them and they are unmarried over 21 which leads them to being on a F1 visa category and their priority date is june 2nd 2011. Two of them were approved in December 2013 and the other two approved in January of 2014 by the USCIS. Now the petitions are with NVC waiting for priority date to be current.

My question to you is when was your priority date and when did the NVC send to you your choice of agent form and when did your process got completed with NVC and how many years did you have to wait before you got your interview date?. Please i need your help. The beneficiaries are Nigerians. Thank you for your co-operation.

With what I'v read so far on VJ, the average wait time is 7yrs. My dad filed for me. Priority date was July 2009 got Welcome letter January 2016.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

@ ikeben...we await your feedback. I'm next in line. ?

Whoa - you're almost there. Wishing you the best of Luck. I hope yours goes as smoothly as mine.

Feedback? Check this out...

Once I got to the actual interview process?

20 minutes tops. I did an NVC approved DNA test for parental proof so I was asked no questions. They just wanted me to present myself so they could make sure the guy in the passport was indeed me and that the fingerprints matched what they had on file.

You might want to check out my entire review in my timeline...

Once more, wishing you the best.

However, here are few pointers the I deduced while waiting, watching and listening:

- Make sure you have concrete proof of your relationship (DO NOT give them room for any doubt whatsoever). I saw so many admin processing and flat denials that day because a few details were missing. If you are missing some file on that day - you go on AP, no questions asked. This can take 11 days to months to a year (stats for this specific consulate at least). Don't give them that opportunity. Go through your list of required docs in your interview letter and bring them all - and then some.

- Be as honest as heck. If you made a mistake on your application, make sure to point it out during the interview so they correct it. If they find it out before you do, question arise leading to the dreaded AP.

- If there is something you are not sure of (dates, events etc), please say you don't know or don't remember. NEVER pick or randomize.

- Keep the banter with the officer to a minimum. You'll say something to maybe contradict a prior statement.

- Begging will not help your case. These guys have seen it all and have the ultimate "poker face."

While waiting, I counted a good 30 cases maybe, with probably only 4-5 approvals (the officer gives you a loud "congratulations!" when you get approved). The rest were yellow slips.

And remember, just as your files are being reviewed - so are the officers themselves reviewed. Don't think they get let off the hook for issuing visas with missing or detrimental info. So arguing with them is a complete waste of time - if you're told to go get more documentation, go get it. You will NOT be granted a pass because you were president of the debate team.

Hope this helps future applicants.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you very much, @omoade hmmmm hang on. All t the best to us all.

Pd:02 July 2009

WL:13 January 2016

Ref: april 2016 (didn't include police report, got it and sent it in)

Cc:27 may 2016

Interview schedule :

Interview date:

POE:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats in advance to my priority date mates.

i learnt FB1's success rate is 100% provided there is a bonafide relationship and no prior issue that could lead to one being ineligible.

@Lain

yes, you will get an email in 3 days.

but you still have to wait to be current.

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.