2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have one more question.

Hiw does RFE works do they ask specific information ti send. And what if Iddon't have what they ask?

they might ask you for one thing or many things, and you need to provide what they ask for. If you don't have any supporting documents, it may or may not be detrimental to your I-360 petition. But really, you should send whatever they are asking for if you expect your petition to be approved.

Now relax and just wait until your RFE arrives, then come back here and ask more questions.

Good luck

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

Well, I have survived till here, I have a question, about the length of time after bio-metrics on for I-485 , after I-360 Approved... What are the steps after bio-metrics, and how long time it usually takes? Thank you for helping.

Edited by LuaAzul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Bestgirlever I applied and It went thru with no problem, they just want me to buy a plan.

Thank you meme I just didn't know it will go through without GC as they say it's only for citizens and green card holders. Thanks

https://www.healthcare.gov/immigration-status-and-the-marketplace:

"Applicant for any of these statuses:

Temporary Protected Status with Employment Authorization
Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Victim of Trafficking Visa
Adjustment to LPR Status
Asylum*
Withholding of Deportation or Withholding of Removal, under the immigration laws or under the Convention against Torture (CAT)*"

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum, so please bear with me, my question is has anyone been successful filing vawa even though they were found guilty in court, this is condisdered moral turpitude? please share your experience if possible or PM me. I completed my probation and started nursing course in the UK, is this going to affect my case negatively to cause a denial? thank you....

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum, so please bear with me, my question is has anyone been successful filing vawa even though they were found guilty in court, this is condisdered moral turpitude? please share your experience if possible or PM me. I completed my probation and started nursing course in the UK, is this going to affect my case negatively to cause a denial? thank you....

Hey mamaof3,

It all depends if there is a connection between the conviction and the abuse, if the applicant can prove the connection, then the I-360 petition may be approved. There might even be a USCIS waiver for crimes of moral turpitude, what were you convicted for?

You left the US and went to the UK? I have read online about a case where a person whith a pending I-360 going to Canada and coming back without any problems but It's not recommended for someone with a pending Vawa to leave the country. If you left the country, you may have to prove that you left the USA to get away from your spouses abuse. Even with a valid Advance parole Travel Document, it's not a good idea to leave the country.

Hope this helps.

You would need to state what crime you were convicted of; you are required to be of good moral character as part of the VAWA process.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It was "failure to notify my housing dept of change of circumstances" This is classified as fraud. I had no choice but to plead guilty because I could not leave the US in 2008 when this case went to court, and I was able to borrow some money from my friend and finally left the USA with my children in 2010 because my abuse husband controlled everything, it was a nightmare. I came back in 2012 without and problems and since I left him in such a hurry, I am finding it hard to gather documents, but I have our rental agreement and water bill. If I had the money to leave in 2008, I would have without thinking twice about it, my husband refused to file any papers whatsoever throughtout our 7year marriage, I am still married to him, but I live in a different state since I arrived back to USA with my children.

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

mmaof3 please do not send me more private messages,since you asked me all these questions yesterday through pm and I answered you already,It's your right to come here to ask what you want, but then please respect my time not asking me the same question.I have a lot of people to help, and each time I answer one question i am leaving someone without an answer,because I can't answer every single person, and I answered you yesterday twice.Then limit your questions here please.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.