A.M.E

NVC hasn't received our petition yet. It's been 8 weeks

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So, we were approved on November 8, 2013. We've been calling the NVC every other day (I already know my case number and the Department of State phone number by heart!) and they always say the same thing: it's not there yet. ranting33va.gif
My fiance even scanned the I-797 and sent it to nvcresearch@state.gov but apparently nothing has been done. I'm always sending e-mails to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov and this was their last response:

'Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a record of receiving your petition. If U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approved your petition more than eight weeks ago, send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action -- Approval Notice. You can email the scan to nvcresearch@state.gov.

Please type your receipt number in the subject line of your email. If you have more than one petition, please send a separate email for each petition. We will contact USCIS on your behalf to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action. If it says USCIS retained your petition, or if it is any type of notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS. You can reach them at 1-800-375-5283 or on their website at uscis.gov for more information.

Misty

National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
Serco Inc, Support Contractor'

I guess I should not start pulling my hair out but this can get really stressful and I'm starting to get worried. I don't know what to do. My fiance is at work now but I'll tell him to call USCIS and maybe scan the I-797 and then send it to nvcresearch@state.gov again. crying.gif

K-1 Timeline:

September 30, 2013 - Sent I-129F package

October 10, 2013 - NOA1

November 8, 2013 - NOA2 (No RFE)

January 6, 2014 - Got my case number by e-mail
January 15, 2014 - Found out when I'm having the interview
February 21, 2014 - K1 interview. Approved! Yay!

qH0mm2.png

geqpm2.png
event.png
9Ys9m6.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to USCIS Service Centers Forum~

~Inquiry USCIS Service Center~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So, we were approved on November 8, 2013. We've been calling the NVC every other day (I already know my case number and the Department of State phone number by heart!) and they always say the same thing: it's not there yet. ranting33va.gif

My fiance even scanned the I-797 and sent it to nvcresearch@state.gov but apparently nothing has been done. I'm always sending e-mails to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov and this was their last response:

'Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a record of receiving your petition. If U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approved your petition more than eight weeks ago, send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action -- Approval Notice. You can email the scan to nvcresearch@state.gov.

Please type your receipt number in the subject line of your email. If you have more than one petition, please send a separate email for each petition. We will contact USCIS on your behalf to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action. If it says USCIS retained your petition, or if it is any type of notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS. You can reach them at 1-800-375-5283 or on their website at uscis.gov for more information.

Misty

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor'

I guess I should not start pulling my hair out but this can get really stressful and I'm starting to get worried. I don't know what to do. My fiance is at work now but I'll tell him to call USCIS and maybe scan the I-797 and then send it to nvcresearch@state.gov again. crying.gif

If they have no record of you how could you have gotten a case# than. Have you checked with your embassy? Have you checked the CEAC website for your case# which would start with RDJ.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I am confused you say case# but you couldn't have gotten one yet. So guess confused exactly what is going on. Until NVC gets your peititon you need to be dealing with USCIS. Have your finace' call USCIS and ask for a Tier 2 Supervisor. The operators answering the phone can not help uyou nor do they know anything.

I know CSC is very slow sending in petitions. You need to ask the Tier 2 Supervisor "when did my petition physically leave the Service center"? They are to give you an exact date. Than you can tell them your story how its been 8 weeks all that. You need to stay on this so it doesn't turn into a lost petition and you have to start all over again.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

My case file is not at the NVC yet but it was approved by the USCIS on November 8. I know that for sure because that's what they say on the USCIS website when I go to 'Check your case status'. My case number is printed in the I-797 document. Here's the message "On November 8, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

By case # I mean the receipt number, the one in the Notice of Action(I-797) document

K-1 Timeline:

October 10, 2013 - NOA1

qH0mm2.png

geqpm2.png
event.png
9Ys9m6.png

Timeline

Thank you, dwheels76. I will tell my fiance to do so. Thank you very much. I am really worried about it, especially because I know this girl who applied for a K1 visa one week after we did and her case went to CSC just like ours and she already got her RDJ number, her case is already at the US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro

K-1 Timeline:

October 10, 2013 - NOA1

qH0mm2.png

geqpm2.png
event.png
9Ys9m6.png

Timeline

Thank you, dwheels76. I will tell my fiance to do so. Thank you very much. I am really worried about it, especially because I know this girl who applied for a K1 visa one week after we did and her case went to CSC just like ours and she already got her RDJ number, her case is already at the US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro

Okay you don't have a case# thats what I was trying to understand. The RDJ is the case#. USCIS is the receipt # I would gather its starts with CSC.

Unfortunately some these petitions take abit to arrve at NVC and USCIS nor NVC knows where.

Yes just have your finace' contact USCIS and do that and also tell him to scan the I-797 to NVC and get them also checking into it. Keep on them.

ROC I-751

N-400

My case file is not at the NVC yet but it was approved by the USCIS on November 8. I know that for sure because that's what they say on the USCIS website when I go to 'Check your case status'. My case number is printed in the I-797 document. Here's the message "On November 8, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

By case # I mean the receipt number, the one in the Notice of Action(I-797) document

CSC is well known for being slow sent the approval petition to NVC. There a lot VJers here complained about them. Which number did you use to call them? I've got my case number through Dos (Visa Unit) not NVC, 2 weeks from my approval date.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Girl from Celebs, I've only been calling the DOS (Department of State), they answer it faster. 1 202 4857600, right?

K-1 Timeline:

October 10, 2013 - NOA1

qH0mm2.png

geqpm2.png
event.png
9Ys9m6.png

Girl from Celebs, I've only been calling the DOS (Department of State), they answer it faster. 1 202 4857600, right?

Correct. They are faster. I've got my case number from them 2 weeks from my approval date on USCIS website.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've contacted the USCIS about mine (6 weeks and counting). They told me that there's a 90 day window, and unless it is past 90 days, they won't do anything to investigate because they don't consider it an issue yet.

21 Sep 2013 - Filed i-129F

27 Nov - NOA2 email received (63 days since NOA1)

30 Jan 2014 - NOA2 sent to NVC (64 agonizing days) P.S. Apparently VJ doesn't care about accurate timelines.

11 Feb - Got Case number

24 Feb - Packet 3 Received and Submitted

25 Feb - Packet 4 Received and Submitted

29 Apr - Medical (Dr Cheema)

01 May - Vancouver Consulate Interview - Approved!

06 May - Visa in hand!

06 June - Entered the USA!

14 June - Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.