Trillian42

I made a program to cope with my anxiety

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

A few days ago I read on this forum that someone had the idea of entering earlier receipt numbers on the USCIS website.

To cope with this very long waiting time I decided to make a program that entered those numbers automatically. It searches for I-129F forms and their status.

First of, I have no idea if it's illegal to look into other cases. If it is, please let me know.

I looked up mine (NOA1 from 2012/20/20) and went down 300 more receipt numbers and this is what I got:

Status = # of cases

Request for Evidence = 1

Post Decision Activity = 1

Acceptance = 1

Decision = 1

Initial Review = 20

I know this program can be useful for a lot of people here. I don't wanna be mean, but I'm scared that if too many people start using it, there will be so many requests to their server that they might get mad :(

I've posted this topic mainly because I'm looking for ideas as what would be the best way of using it.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Alexandra Barros

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Honestly, it's not really going to help anything. If anything it just stresses people out.

Request for Evidence - isn't an "average" thing, it depends on people filing.

Post Decision Activity - varies case to case

Acceptance - Site doesn't always update

Decision - are great but if people expedited (which the site doesn't say) then it would set off the stats

Initial Review - Will be most common because it doesn't always update (was fine for my K1 and AOS but did nothing for my ROC)

If it makes you feel better, then it might be helpful only in that it would be good to tell you when you get almost 100% approvals listed because then you'd know if your time is off a bit (but again depends on your particular file, not everyone is the same).

Timeline

Honestly, it's not really going to help anything. If anything it just stresses people out.

Request for Evidence - isn't an "average" thing, it depends on people filing.

Post Decision Activity - varies case to case

Acceptance - Site doesn't always update

Decision - are great but if people expedited (which the site doesn't say) then it would set off the stats

Initial Review - Will be most common because it doesn't always update (was fine for my K1 and AOS but did nothing for my ROC)

If it makes you feel better, then it might be helpful only in that it would be good to tell you when you get almost 100% approvals listed because then you'd know if your time is off a bit (but again depends on your particular file, not everyone is the same).

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. I thought the USCIS website was reliable. I'm still a newbie in this whole process =)

Anyway, it was worth the try.

And in any case, it will be good to see the Initial Review numbers dropping.

yWs4m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I did something similar a few months ago. I made about 50,000 requests before they blacklisted my IP due to unusual high number of attempts within a short period of time. I don't know the exact quota or exactly how they calculate it. If you really want, you can try using some proxies to increase the number of requests that you can make, or try spacing out your requests, etc. But I think it is illegal, so I gave up.

event.png

Timeline

I did something similar a few months ago. I made about 50,000 requests before they blacklisted my IP due to unusual high number of attempts within a short period of time. I don't know the exact quota or exactly how they calculate it. If you really want, you can try using some proxies to increase the number of requests that you can make, or try spacing out your requests, etc. But I think it is illegal, so I gave up.

That is what I was afraid of, and why I stayed in the hundreds and spaced out the requests

Anyway, thanks for the feedback =)

Edited by Alexandra Barros

yWs4m5.png

I'd be very careful about doing this (the different proxies). It would look like a DOS attack (or at least as a test of a DOS attack) and next thing you know, the feds could be knocking at your door....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just did it the hard way, I looked manually until I got 100 I-129F's around my application #. That was a few weeks ago, but there was a few change of addresses, one withdrawn petition, and no decision or post decision...not a ####### one. Not even one RFE.

A majority of the other types of petitions had decision, rfe, or post decision.

A bunch of ####### bull$h!t.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'd be very careful about doing this (the different proxies). It would look like a DOS attack (or at least as a test of a DOS attack) and next thing you know, the feds could be knocking at your door....

Given how incompetent they have proven to be, I doubt they actually know how to prevent DOS attack, or know how to track down the attacker. But I agree that we should not be sending them huge amount of web traffics. If we bring down their website, it would cause inconvenience to many people, and they may use that as an excuse to not work on any petition for months.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.