Alexa & Diego

My case was send back to USCIS from NVC after NOA2 was aproved

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

A week after my NOA2 was approved for my K1 visa I called NVC to check for status and they told me that my case was send back to USCIS for more review. This is very hard for us, after waiting more that 6 months and we have to wait more. I called USCIS and they said that I have to wait more time and they don't give me the reason why my case was sent back. Does anybody know anything about my situation? any help will be appreciate it.

This is the status that showing in USCIS:

On October 29, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by Alexa & Diego

Maybe when NVC did a background something might came up so it was sent back for more checking..

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Somebody in the same situation, please some comments!

That comment could very likely be the case, a background check "hit" at the NVC. It could be numerous issues and it's all just speculation right now.

Hopefully it's an issue that will be resolved quickly and you can move on in your journey. Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC wouldn't return an approved petition back to USCIS unless they discovered something, and they believe that whatever they discovered is a sufficient reason why the petition should not have been approved. This could be something very simple, like the petitioner forgot to sign the petition. It could also be something more significant, like the date of the most recent claimed meeting is more than two years before the petition receipt date. It could also be substantially more significant, like they found a conviction in a law enforcement database that falls under the Adam Walsh Act, and they believe the convicted criminal and the petitioner are the same person.

The reality is that you might never know what NVC found. If USCIS reviews the petition and reaffirms the approval then it will be sent back to NVC, and ultimately to the consulate. The only thing you'll see is a status change, but no explanation of what happened. You'll only find out what the reason was if USCIS decides that NVC actually hit on something, and they send you a notice of intent to revoke the approval of the petition.

All you can do is wait.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

It must be frustating for you of course, after waiting all this time. Just keep the faith and it will eventually happen. If you know that there is nothing to be worried about it, then don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi

This is a very frustrated situation. I'm currently experiencing the same problem my case was return

from the US embassy in Ecuador to uscis for review. Tomorrow is going to be six months since it was returned

and no answer 'til day day no answer. On wether they will return the case back to the NVC or have an intent to revoke

I contacted them last week and this is what they send me :

Your case was returned to the California Service Center (CSC) by the State Department's consulate/NVC for review and was received in the CSC on or about July 12, 2012. All returned petitions are reviewed in the order in which they are received, and due to the high volume of petitions returned to our center daily and the various complexities involved in returned petitions, we may make no predictions as to the amount of time necessary to complete our review nor may we release the reasons for return to our center until the review is completed.

The current processing time for review of consular return petitions is six months from the date the petition was received in our office.

If you have any further questions, please call

--------I guess all we can do is wait :(

Timeline

Hi

This is a very frustrated situation. I'm currently experiencing the same problem my case was return

from the US embassy in Ecuador to uscis for review. Tomorrow is going to be six months since it was returned

and no answer 'til day day no answer. On wether they will return the case back to the NVC or have an intent to revoke

I contacted them last week and this is what they send me :

Your case was returned to the California Service Center (CSC) by the State Department's consulate/NVC for review and was received in the CSC on or about July 12, 2012. All returned petitions are reviewed in the order in which they are received, and due to the high volume of petitions returned to our center daily and the various complexities involved in returned petitions, we may make no predictions as to the amount of time necessary to complete our review nor may we release the reasons for return to our center until the review is completed.

The current processing time for review of consular return petitions is six months from the date the petition was received in our office.

If you have any further questions, please call

--------I guess all we can do is wait :(

Wow what do you think could be the reason that this happened?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A week after my NOA2 was approved for my K1 visa I called NVC to check for status and they told me that my case was send back to USCIS for more review. This is very hard for us, after waiting more that 6 months and we have to wait more. I called USCIS and they said that I have to wait more time and they don't give me the reason why my case was sent back. Does anybody know anything about my situation? any help will be appreciate it.

This is the status that showing in USCIS:

On October 29, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

NVC feels that USCIS made an error in approving the case. Which error, we do not know and neither will you. They will not tell you, do not bother to ask.

The case will be reaffirmed and sent back to NVC

OR it will be denied

OR you will get an RFE for more information.

There is no timeline for this to happen. At any point it is your option to WITHDRAW the petition and start over with a new one which is sometimes faster.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We need some help. Have been reading this forum. Our i130 was approved and got sent to the nvc. We got a case number and an IIN number as well. Then, our AOS part disappeared, I waited a few days and called tonight and the unfriendly gentleman said that it got sent back for further review to USCIS. I called them and they said 120 days. I need some help here. Should we get our senator involved? Lawyer? Our petition was approved...this makes us so sad. I have a pending job in 6 weeks and my wife can come on her tourist visa, but cant do anything. Can someone who has been through this tell us whats going on and how long this can take?

Joshua A Kukowski

jclover41@hotmail.com

Timeline

We are experience the same situation, our case was sent back from NVC to USCIS and they told me to way 120 days, I called yesterday and they told me that I have to wait for the 120 to pass, fortunately it is going to be soon on March 1, and hoping this wait ends. I contact a congresswoman working on this case and the only thing I got is a report. I know this wait is very hard, but it seems that the only thing you can do is wait or withdraw and reapply. I can keep you inform for any changes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We are experience the same situation, our case was sent back from NVC to USCIS and they told me to way 120 days, I called yesterday and they told me that I have to wait for the 120 to pass, fortunately it is going to be soon on March 1, and hoping this wait ends. I contact a congresswoman working on this case and the only thing I got is a report. I know this wait is very hard, but it seems that the only thing you can do is wait or withdraw and reapply. I can keep you inform for any changes.

I feel horribly that you are going through this. I had a similar experience last year and ended up hiring an attorney to track down our application after exhausting all other options. Basically, once NVS sent the application back to USCIS, it got lost somewhere (or just sat on someone's desk). I was supposed to have received an RFE from USCIS immediately after the case was returned from NVS, but USCIS never issued one until my attorney asked them to find my case.

The reason that our case was returned was not due to something that came up during background check, but because I didn't write in the word "NONE" for the question "If you are serving overseas in the Armed Forces of the United States, please answer the following:". I have never served in the military but apparently leaving that section blank was unacceptable. This error ended up costing us 8 months of time.

I am not able to post a link to a message that I posted last year in this forum sharing my experience because I haven't posted enough times in this forum. However, if you do a google search on "NVS Returned Approved Application to USCIS for Further Review", you should be able to locate that message. Good luck.

Edited by nobhill4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.