ecoswayjoy

Does any NVC Jun filer get Case Number yet?

75 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Still waiting here!

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

NOA2 June 1st, NVC received and got case number June 29th. But now I just called them and we're in AP. :( This is just a neverending nightmare.

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

NOA2 June 1st, NVC received and got case number June 29th. But now I just called them and we're in AP. :( This is just a neverending nightmare.

The first operator told us that our file is being processed at the NVC and should be sent out in 5 business days.

The second operator told us that our case is under additional processing, there is no time frame for the process, no estimate. I asked if this is the same as administrative processing, she said more or less.

The third operator told us there is no such a thing called administrative processing, all received I-129Fs go through processing at the NVC to be forwarded to the consulate. This usually doesn't take more than 5-7 business days but she acknowledged some cases can take up to 30 days.

The fourth operator told us that our file is under administrative processing, but this is standard procedure, there is nothing unusual about our case processing and should be sent out in a few days. (He said they double check the name and addresses etc)

I have been doing a lot of research about K-1 AP at the NVC stage. These are my conclusion that may make you feel better.

1) All K-1 cases go through some form of additional processing at the NVC. This can be as simple as checking the beneficiary's address is correct or running an entire background check on the petitioner and/or petitioner.

2) Some petitioners do receive a letter/email from the NVC stating the case number and that their case will be forwarded to the embassy in 7 days. This is a standard letter, it will always say 7 days even some cases do stay at the NVC for a lot longer time.

3) NVC operators use the term additional processing and administrative processing interchangeably.

4) NVC operators do not have the information about the processing of your K-1 case on their computer monitor. These are not the same people who process the cases.They can only see the date it was received at the NVC and see that it has not left the NVC. When the case has not left the NVC, they are instructed to tell the callers that it is undergoing (additional/administrative/extra) processing.

5) Most cases leave the NVC after 2-7 days, so people have become to regard this "quick" one as "normal processing". I have seen cases on the forum where people were told that they were in AP and their cases were sent out 2-5 days later.

6) The longest K-1 in AP at the NVC case seems to be something like 55-60 days back in 2008.

Final and the most important conclusion

7) There is no one who can tell you what is going on at the NVC. This is just another government black hole. The only thing we know quite for certain is that our case will be sent to the consulate between 2-60 days after the receipt date. All we can do is just wait and keep calling everyday and hope we end up on the "normal processing" time frame e.g. 2-7 days.

Edited by GandK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The first operator told us that our file is being processed at the NVC and should be sent out in 5 business days.

The second operator told us that our case is under additional processing, there is no time frame for the process, no estimate. I asked if this is the same as administrative processing, she said more or less.

The third operator told us there is no such a thing called administrative processing, all received I-129Fs go through processing at the NVC to be forwarded to the consulate. This usually doesn't take more than 5-7 business days but she acknowledged some cases can take up to 30 days.

The fourth operator told us that our file is under administrative processing, but this is standard procedure, there is nothing unusual about our case processing and should be sent out in a few days. (He said they double check the name and addresses etc)

I have been doing a lot of research about K-1 AP at the NVC stage. These are my conclusion that may make you feel better.

1) All K-1 cases go through some form of additional processing at the NVC. This can be as simple as checking the beneficiary's address is correct or running an entire background check on the petitioner and/or petitioner.

2) Some petitioners do receive a letter/email from the NVC stating the case number and that their case will be forwarded to the embassy in 7 days. This is a standard letter, it will always say 7 days even some cases do stay at the NVC for a lot longer time.

3) NVC operators use the term additional processing and administrative processing interchangeably.

4) NVC operators do not have the information about the processing of your K-1 case on their computer monitor. These are not the same people who process the cases.They can only see the date it was received at the NVC and see that it has not left the NVC. When the case has not left the NVC, they are instructed to tell the callers that it is undergoing (additional/administrative/extra) processing.

5) Most cases leave the NVC after 2-7 days, so people have become to regard this "quick" one as "normal processing". I have seen cases on the forum where people were told that they were in AP and their cases were sent out 2-5 days later.

6) The longest K-1 in AP at the NVC case seems to be something like 55-60 days back in 2008.

7) There is no one who can tell you what is going on at the NVC. This is just another government black hole. The only thing we know quite for certain is that our case will be sent to the consulate between 2-60 days after the receipt date. All we can do is just wait and keep calling everyday and hope we end up on the "normal processing" time frame e.g. 2-7 days.

:thumbs: Thanks that was some very helpfull information! I got my Case Number yesterday but no IIN number yet. correct me if i am wrong is the IIN number assigned when they file is sent off to the embassy?

:thumbs: Thanks that was some very helpfull information! I got my Case Number yesterday but no IIN number yet. correct me if i am wrong is the IIN number assigned when they file is sent off to the embassy?

As a K1, you don't pay any fees at NVC, so, as far as I know, an IIN wouldn't be assigned for your case. The IIN is just for IR-1/CR-1 applicants as they pay two fees at NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you SO much for this information! You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. I guess I will keep calling every day or two and see what happens. At least I have some hope again!

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

As a K1, you don't pay any fees at NVC, so, as far as I know, an IIN wouldn't be assigned for your case. The IIN is just for IR-1/CR-1 applicants as they pay two fees at NVC.

Your right there is no Fee to be paid by the K1 Applicants, however still asigned a Invoice Identification Number it just has " $0 " in the fee and exempt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.