15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone..

I got here in the United States last June 8,and I already called a civil surgeon near our place. I made an appointment with him and I told the secretary that the only thing I need is to have my vaccination done, and I dont have to go over with all the medical examination that I already did in the Philippines. But the secretary there insisted that if its all about immigration then it is required to have all the medical exam again..

All I need is to have my vaccination done and get the sealed envelope from the civil surgeon.

Is anybody has this kind of situation here? thank you

what should we do?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hello everyone..

I got here in the United States last June 8,and I already called a civil surgeon near our place. I made an appointment with him and I told the secretary that the only thing I need is to have my vaccination done, and I dont have to go over with all the medical examination that I already did in the Philippines. But the secretary there insisted that if its all about immigration then it is required to have all the medical exam again..

All I need is to have my vaccination done and get the sealed envelope from the civil surgeon.

what should we do?

Welcome to the forum.

We are in the process of researching the similar situation in the very near future. If possible, I would suggest that you contact another civil surgeon.

:time:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Call around to find one that just does immunization transcriptions and vaccinations.

Here is a good resource

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Clearly they want to charge you more money by insisting that she have a full exam. I've heard this is common. Keep trying some different ones until you can find one who will do just what you are asking.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hello everyone..

what should we do?

Call around to other CSs until you find one that you like (price-wise that is). Many are either totally ignorant of the true requirements or are just scamming you for higher fees and needless procedures (it is a free country!!).!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello everyone..

what should we do?

First, are you sure you need to see a civil surgeon? Do you know for a fact that you are missing vaccinations? See this post to make sure whether or not you need to see a civil surgeon: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

If you have looked at that post and your DS-3025 shows you are still missing vaccinations, then you need to call around to find a civil surgeon that won't insist you need another medical. It can get frustrating, and you might have to call some that are a farther drive from where you live to find one. You can print out the instructions for the I-485 and I-693 to show them. When you call, make sure to explain clearly that someone adjusting status from a K-1 visa does not need another medical exam if theirs was done within the year. Make sure you tell them it states that in the form instructions even and you would be happy to print a copy to show them. Look through the post amykathleen2005 linked to above and see if any of those civil surgeons are anywhere near enough for you to use.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Call around to find one that just does immunization transcriptions and vaccinations.

Here is a good resource

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

That is a great thread!!! :thumbs:

We are looking for a reasonable CS in the Seattle area. If any are known, the info would be much appreciated. We will post back on the thread above with the results of our search.

TIA.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I agree with Jay-Kay (again! :P). If your medical was done less than a year ago and that you're only missing some vaccines, you don't need to redo everything. Please read the USCIS instructions for forms I-485 and I-693, it is all explained. If the Civil surgeon doesn't believe you, show them to him or walk away. He is just trying to rip you off.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

I agree with Jay-Kay (again! :P). If your medical was done less than a year ago and that you're only missing some vaccines, you don't need to redo everything. Please read the USCIS instructions for forms I-485 and I-693, it is all explained. If the Civil surgeon doesn't believe you, show them to him or walk away. He is just trying to rip you off.

Agree! :thumbs:

The devil is always in the details, i.e., trying to find a reasonable CS.....

Dr. Livingston, I presume?? :lol:

Edited by A&B

Timeline

We are looking for a reasonable CS in the Seattle area. If any are known, the info would be much appreciated. We will post back on the thread above with the results of our search.

TIA.

There are some listed in this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/257785-civil-surgeon-fees-in-seattle-area/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

TIA.

Hi.. I recommend Dr. Efren Caratao, i went there last March and i only pay $35. The clinic is located in kent, here's the number, 206-852-2770. Just tell the receptionist that u just want to transfer ur vaccine record to I-693.. Good luck! :)

I-129F/AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

I-129F TIMELINE

07/01/2011 - MAILED I-129F

07/07/2011 - NOA1 - PRIORITY DATE

08/17/2011 - RECEIVED HARD COPY OF NOA1.. IT TOOK 1 MONTH TO RECEIVED DUE TO USCIS SENT IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS..

11/16/2011 - WEBSITE STATUS: PETITION APPROVED! :)

11/23/2011 - SENT DOCUMENTS TO USEM

12/19-20/2011 - MEDICAL EXAM @ ST. LUKE'S - PASSED! :)

01/06/2012 - SCHEDULED OF INTERVIEW. VISA APPROVED! :)

01/20/2012 - VISA ON HAND AND TAKE CFO SEMINAR

01/22/2012 - SCHEDULE OF FLIGHT.. MNL-JPN-USA!! WELCOME TO AMERICA!!! :)

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE

03/13/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

03/25/2012 - Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

03/21/2012 - Received email and text, Acceptance of all forms for AOS/EAD/AP

03/22/2012 - Checks cashed by USCIS

03/26/2012 - Received all NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

03/29/2012 - Received biometrics appointment letter..

04/23/2012 - Done with biometrics..

05/07/2012 - EAD / AP APPROVED!

05/10/2012 - EAD Card Production on USCIS Website.. :) Finally!!

05/10/2012 - AOS UPDATE ON WEBSITE: WITH SCHEDULE OF INTERVIEW

05/11/2012 - USPS PICKED UP EAD/AP CARD AT USCIS

05/14/2012 - EAD On Hand!

06/13/2012 - AOS interview.. APPROVED!

06/21/2012 - Green card on hand. TGBG.!

Timeline

Hi.. I recommend Dr. Efren Caratao, i went there last March and i only pay $35. The clinic is located in kent, here's the number, 206-852-2770. Just tell the receptionist that u just want to transfer ur vaccine record to I-693.. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are in the same boat. We have all of the paperwork for the AOS completed except for the vacinations. Vaccination records are somewhere in the Mexico City medical maze but not sure where and we obviously can't go there to find them without the AOS. I guess the lesson to be learned would be get the vaccination records before you arrive on the K-1 visa even though they aren't required at that point. So far the only phone calls to Civil Surgeon's resulted in a response that they have to do a full medical exam as well. Does anyone know of a Civil Surgeon in Oregon who who is resonable about the vaccination requirements and charges for the vaccinations. Thank you!

Timeline

We are in the same boat. We have all of the paperwork for the AOS completed except for the vacinations. Vaccination records are somewhere in the Mexico City medical maze but not sure where and we obviously can't go there to find them without the AOS. I guess the lesson to be learned would be get the vaccination records before you arrive on the K-1 visa even though they aren't required at that point. So far the only phone calls to Civil Surgeon's resulted in a response that they have to do a full medical exam as well. Does anyone know of a Civil Surgeon in Oregon who who is resonable about the vaccination requirements and charges for the vaccinations. Thank you!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/page__st__135__p__3963672#entry3963672

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you! That was a number that one of the civil surgeon's office gave me as well so That will be our next destination!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.