vemo

I-134 Tax return transcript

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi!!

My fiancee is sending me all the things that we need for the evidence of support.

I want to see if you can help me to check if what she is sending me is enough:

-I-134 (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-Tax returns 2009 - 2010 - 2011 (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-Birth certificate (photocopy fiancee)

-Employment letter (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-Bank letters (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-2 pay stubs (fiancee & co-sponsor)

She says that with the tax returns it's enough. I am a little bit confuse cause the asked for the W-2 forms and 1040. But she says that the tax returns have all the information on it.

Thank you so much!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi!!

My fiancee is sending me all the things that we need for the evidence of support.

I want to see if you can help me to check if what she is sending me is enough:

-I-134 (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-Tax returns 2009 - 2010 - 2011 (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-Birth certificate (photocopy fiancee) <---this is not needed for your fiancee, but it is needed for the co-sponsor. A co-sponsor must prove they are a USC or LPR

-Employment letter (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-Bank letters (fiancee & co-sponsor)

-2 pay stubs (fiancee & co-sponsor)

She says that with the tax returns it's enough. I am a little bit confuse cause the asked for the W-2 forms and 1040. But she says that the tax returns have all the information on it.

If they are tax return transcripts from the IRS, then nothing else is needed. If they are just copies the returns, they need to be complete, including every form, schedule, attachment and W-2 and/or 1099. This goes for your fiancee and co-sponsor.

Thank you so much!!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for your response!

Do you think is necessary to have the photocopy or the original birth certificate? or the photocopy of the passport would be ok?

Thank you!

For your co-sponsor, you would do well to follow the Form I-129F instructions, page 2, "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?"

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for your response!

Do you think is necessary to have the photocopy or the original birth certificate? or the photocopy of the passport would be ok?

Thank you!

A copy of their birth certificate or the bio page of their US passport is fine.

For your co-sponsor, you would do well to follow the Form I-129F instructions, page 2, "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?"

It would be better to follow the instructions of the I-864 for the affidavit of support, since the consulates use the guidelines for that form even when using the I-134. The instructions for the I-864 state just the bio page is needed, and not a copy of every page in the passport.

Page 6, #19 "Citizenship/Residency."

Proof of U.S. citizen or national status includes a copy of your birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, consular report of birth abroad to citizen parents, or a copy of the biographic data page of your U.S. passport.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

A copy of their birth certificate or the bio page of their US passport is fine.

It would be better to follow the instructions of the I-864 for the affidavit of support, since the consulates use the guidelines for that form even when using the I-134. The instructions for the I-864 state just the bio page is needed, and not a copy of every page in the passport.

Page 6, #19 "Citizenship/Residency."

Proof of U.S. citizen or national status includes a copy of your birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, consular report of birth abroad to citizen parents, or a copy of the biographic data page of your U.S. passport.

Thank you so much for help!!

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I was told to provide my tax returns in addition to the long list of other documents I have already (bank statements, letters from employer).

When they ask for tax returns they simply want the 1040 form and not the entire package of documents my tax people gave me after filing this year, correct?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is relevant, but specific to my case...

I have PDF copies of my Tax Return from H&R Block or TurboTax. Will that be sufficient, or should I get W2's from the previous years from my employer? I've been with the same company since June of 2010, so I have plenty of records, including a digital copy of every single pay stub since I started.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Timeline

I've been in direct contact with the U.S. Embassy in Naples IV Division and even though I said I have my w-2's they still asked for tax returns as well.

I also have the H&R Block documents for this past years filing, but in paper form... no0pb.gif

Ok I'm listing everything I have, except the tax returns but I will have those as soon as I narrow down what exactly to send.

• Checking and Savings account statements from bank with "official" stamp and signature of an officer (shows date account opened, current balance, average 12 month balance and deposit history)
  • Letter of employment from employer on official letterhead signed. States my salary and that it is a full-time position.
  • w-2 from current employer

U.S. Embassy Naples still asked that I provide tax returns when the i-134 is submitted.

Edited by Lux44

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I lost almost all of my paperwork in a flood not too long ago. Luckily I scan everything or keep digital copies, but still. :c I had to go get copies of my birth certificate, divorce decree, and custody arrangements when filing the I-129F. :c

I only have digital copies of things, so that's why I'm asking.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Timeline

I lost almost all of my paperwork in a flood not too long ago. Luckily I scan everything or keep digital copies, but still. :c I had to go get copies of my birth certificate, divorce decree, and custody arrangements when filing the I-129F. :c

I only have digital copies of things, so that's why I'm asking.

Since the Naples Consulate asked for my tax returns I'm just going to give them the entire packet from H&R labelled Income Tax Returns.

I'm pretty sure you would need to have paper copies of the returns. So I would go ahead and have them printed off so you can turn them in with your i-134.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.