mmstompin

STUCK @ NVC for AP (Part 2)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

So, I have been trying to call NVC the past 2 days (603-334-0700), but no phone I use seems to get past the dial tone. But they did return my e-mail:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

This petition is currently undergoing additional processing. We will

send further instructions once this processing is completed."

So, the question is ??? The NVC appears to be the black hole for most information.

Answers are vague and according to the previous thread on this, time is not predictable.

What exactly do they do after the National Security Office (Homeland Security)has cleared you?

Is there a way to talk with a human who actually will discuss your case with you?

Or is this one of those things you just pray about?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

So, I have been trying to call NVC the past 2 days (603-334-0700), but no phone I use seems to get past the dial tone. But they did return my e-mail:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

So, the question is ??? The NVC appears to be the black hole for most information.

Answers are vague and according to the previous thread on this, time is not predictable.

What exactly do they do after the National Security Office (Homeland Security)has cleared you?

Is there a way to talk with a human who actually will discuss your case with you?

Usually with true AP(my friend has been there for 6 months now) you call DOS(department of state)for information not NVC try there and you can talk to real person..

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

"Dear Sir/Madam:

send further instructions once this processing is completed."[/font

Call NVC.

Press 1 then

Press 5

Then ask to speak to a supervisor about AP at NVC.

Ask how long this can last. (I have heard 2 weeks to 6 months and usually 6 weeks)

Hopefully, yours is almost done.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am from the original thread you quoted, Stuck at NVC. K1's started to be scrutinized in AP at NVC around about November 2008. We were held up the longest in that group, for 53 days.

Many of us attempted to call the DOS, and every time they would transfer to the NVC.

So we called NVC a couple of times a week. You will get mainly the stock answers from the call center, but you can request to speak with a supervisor.

We called until we were told that AP had ended and that we were being sent to the Consulate in AKL. I sent the consulate another email and they were able to confirm receipt of the electronic copy of our file. I was able to get the interview scheduled based on that.

Once our first thread was closed, I did start a Part 2, but no one posted. I hoped that meant no one was being held up there...silly me.

Times were getting a lot shorter than ours by the end of that thread, so I hope at least this is still the case.

Good luck. Remember it does end, and NCV cannot deny.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We are currently stuck at NVC for "additional processing".

We received the same email response as above.

The unusual thing was that an agent told us over the phone the other day that our K1 case has been sent out on December 1. Then yesterday we got an email response saying it's under AP. So we called to confirm by phone and the agent said it was probably tagged to be sent out Dec 1 but wasnt sent out and now for AP. What the??

I know there's nothing that can be done at this point but wait.

It's just frustrating that you have your MNL case no but there's another red tape to go through.

I know it's for valid security reasons but I guess I just want to vent and see if there's anyone out there on the same status like us.

Our NOA2 is November 21 and just a week later we already got our MNL case number.

Now another waiting game begins with the AP at NVC.

Goodluck to all of us on this boat and let's stay positive!

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We are currently stuck at NVC for "additional processing".

We received the same email response as above.

The unusual thing was that an agent told us over the phone the other day that our K1 case has been sent out on December 1. Then yesterday we got an email response saying it's under AP. So we called to confirm by phone and the agent said it was probably tagged to be sent out Dec 1 but wasnt sent out and now for AP. What the??

I know there's nothing that can be done at this point but wait.

It's just frustrating that you have your MNL case no but there's another red tape to go through.

I know it's for valid security reasons but I guess I just want to vent and see if there's anyone out there on the same status like us.

Our NOA2 is November 21 and just a week later we already got our MNL case number.

Now another waiting game begins with the AP at NVC.

Goodluck to all of us on this boat and let's stay positive!

This is the first time I heard AP being applied to someone from the Philippines. Are you male/Muslim ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Mellow!

It's not the AP as in administrative processing.

The NVC's email to us says "This petition is currently undergoing additional processing. We will

When my fiance called to ask about this, they said it's just really additional processing but not necessarily background check. It's more of a routine, sounds like. He also asked to speak to a supervisor and the person said that we should just keep checking back on the status of the case.

Btw, I'm not a male and not a Muslim.

The part 1 of this topic was 1 or 2 years ago and it seems like it takes about 2-4 weeks for this additional processing status. We are just trying to stay positive and let the case take its course, whatever it may be.

Although, we are quite anxious since I have already set my interview appointment for early in January.

(Excited much) :)

Times have come down for AP on K1's, and that's a good thing! We were there for almost 8 weeks.

If you look on the original thread, Mellow, the one we started a few years back, you will see AP at NVC stage on K1 Visa's can apply to anyone, from anywhere, low or high fraud country. It's is stickied to the top here, and although you can't post in that one anymore, there is still good info on it.

I was told at interview it is random. The people on the phones at NVC will call it Additional Processing or Administrative Processing, they seem to use those terms interchangeably.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Times have come down for AP on K1's, and that's a good thing! We were there for almost 8 weeks.

If you look on the original thread, Mellow, the one we started a few years back, you will see AP at NVC stage on K1 Visa's can apply to anyone, from anywhere, low or high fraud country. It's is stickied to the top here, and although you can't post in that one anymore, there is still good info on it.

I was told at interview it is random. The people on the phones at NVC will call it Additional Processing or Administrative Processing, they seem to use those terms interchangeably.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I'm new here so I didn't see that old thread. So cdneh, are you still in AP until now ?

Thanks for the enlightenment. I'm new here so I didn't see that old thread. So cdneh, are you still in AP until now ?

Oh no! We were in AP, from 2008-11-21 until 2009-01-10. After 53 days they sent us on to AKL. I am removing conditions now on my 2 year GC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Same thing is happening to me (thanks cdneh for pointing me at this thread).

Went from being done processing, waiting to ship to embassy, to "waiting for additional processing" again. Last phone rep was somewhat twitchy and I could hear him muttering to himself when he looked up the status; it seemed like he quickly went back to the script once he read something.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Why would one be in AP at the NVC? Don't they just receive the files, give them a new number and send them to the relevant Embassy?

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Timeline

Why would one be in AP at the NVC? Don't they just receive the files, give them a new number and send them to the relevant Embassy?

Who knows, maybe they are doing some internal audits of their processes, or they have some concerns about what USCIS sends them, especially since it is delayed several months and the particulars of the case can change a great deal.

It does seem silly. The petition for a Visa has been approved, and in most cases they shoot them off to the respective Embassy's for interview in a couple of days. But now and then, they pick one or two and subject them for further inspection. They cannot deny, that is what irked me the most. All they can do is hold you up.

Timeline

Update on my case - it got sent to the embassy today. It seems like this additional processing added 2+ weeks - the approximate timeline was:

NVC receive - 11-23-2011

NVC says "processed, waiting to send to embassy" - 11-29-2011

NVC says "in additional processing" - 11-30-2011

NVC says "finished, on way to embassy" - 12-15-2011

Edited by WaitingInSeattle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.