Nancy224

routed to vermont ??

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

i just received my electronic NOA1 via email and it said that it was routed to vermont center from texas. anyone had that happen to them ? do u know why ?

Everyone has this happen to them: the application either gets routed to California or Vermont: you are unfortunate (as were we) to have yours go to Vermont, which is considerably slower in processing applications than California. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Any rhythm or reason they go to one or other ??

I live near Chicago will mine go east or west ???

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Despite what they say, they base it off of what they used to do, with Texas just initially processing them now so it's less work on them at VSC or CSC. Before they changed the policy last June/July, depending on where you lived, you sent your packet directly to either CSC or VSC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Despite what they say, they base it off of what they used to do, with Texas just initially processing them now so it's less work on them at VSC or CSC. Before they changed the policy last June/July, depending on where you lived, you sent your packet directly to either CSC or VSC.

Thanks

So basing it on where I live Chicago .I guess mine will go to Vermont :-(

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Thanks

So basing it on where I live Chicago .I guess mine will go to Vermont :-(

Chicago goes to California.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

My fiance lives in southwest Texas and our application got sent to Vermont. It makes no logical sense to me, I wonder if there is any actual way to know where the applications get send to.

Our Journey begins

Met online in March 2009. Started dating through Skype in September 2009. Met in person on 03/14/2010. After many visits, both ways, Nate proposes to Liz on 8/10/2010.

Our K-1 Journey
K1 Visa processed at Vermont, approved in 106 days. Approved at CDJ on 19/09/2011
Our AOS Journey from K

Applied for AOS on 12/27/2011

-AP/EAD combo card processed at Vermont, approved in 86 days. Approved on 3/22/2012; Card Received 3/30/2012

-GC processed at Vermont, approved in 268 days. Approved on 9/20/2012; Card Received on 9/26/2012
Our RoC Journey

08/30/2014: Sent package to Lockbox

09/02/2014: Package Received in Chicago

09/05/2014: Received NOA1 (Extension letter for 1 year)

11/30/2014: Called USCIS, Biometrics appointment not received yet. Appointment letter never delivered to correct address.

12/05/2014: Finally receive Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

12/30/2014: Biometrics taken in El Paso, Texas ASC

05/08/2015: Approval notice received by email and text

05/10/2015: Approval notice received by mail

05/15/2015: GC in hand

-RoC processed at Vermont, approved in 248 days

Our Citizenship Journey

06/20/2015: Will be able to early file N-400

My fiance lives in southwest Texas and our application got sent to Vermont. It makes no logical sense to me, I wonder if there is any actual way to know where the applications get send to.

Just to make it clear, no matter what, you send your case to the Texas Lockbox.

They sort it to the correct service center.

As Blob18 said earlier: "Despite what they say, they base it off of what they used to do."

In general, K-1s are sorted to service centers depending on where you live, based on the same system they used before they started using Texas as a sorting center. This is the list from the old K-1 instructions. So far, I haven't seen a single K-1 filer that hasn't fallen under this sorting method.

NOTE: Other visa/application types will not fall under this sorting method. They are sorted differently. Please, don't pop up with a CR/IR-1, AOS, some other application saying 'mine went somewhere different!' This is a list JUST for K-1 sorting.

If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia.

Vermont Service Center

------------------------------------------------------

If you live in Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming

California Service Center

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe it's eenie meenie minie moetongue.gif. Mine went to Vermont.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

i just received my electronic NOA1 via email and it said that it was routed to vermont center from texas. anyone had that happen to them ? do u know why ?

Sorry to put a damper on things --but be prepare to wait 6 mths at VSC--lol

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.