alex2442

I-129F payment abroad

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

hey everyone i need your help!

I live in the UK and have for the past 3 years on a working visa.

Met my boyfriend 4 years ago when I studied abroad.

We are engaged and I want to get him into the country on a K1 visa so we can have a big wedding with my family.

My Problem............ I dont know if I need to included a check in my I-129F petition??

It says on the form instructions if you live abroad to contact the embassy for method of payment.....but they were completely unhelpful!

Help anyone??

Can I pay over the phone? Do I have to send a check? If so Im going to have to send it to my parents and get them to attach a check as I no longer have a US bank account....

Help ASAP please! I want to send the form out as soon as possible! xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check or money order must come from a US based bank or company.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes needs to be paid by check or MO drawn on a US Bank account, cannot be paid to a consulate overseas.

Also one red flag you brought up, you have been living overseas, and may be considered to have given up US domicile, this needs to be reestablished if you plan on using an I-134 to sponsor the visa later at the time of visa interview, an affidavit of support needs the sponsor to have US domicile.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

K1 petitions are submitted to a US lockbox not the embassy. That is why they couldn't help you.

Payment is required and needs to be in US funds drawn on a US bank.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Thanks you guys!

I am in the country on a post study work visa, as I graduated from a UK university and am currently in the middle of my masters.

OK so Im going to need to send the full 340$ payment along with my I-129F petition? correct?

Have any of you applied for this from outside your country of residence?

xx

OK so Im going to need to send the full 340$ payment along with my I-129F petition? correct?

Correct, the full fee must be paid.

Hey there -

I applied from the UK, too - as I was living and working abroad for three years.

I've just now moved back to the US.. it means us being a part for the next four months, but it's SO much easier when it comes to the I-134 to be here....!!!

Thanks you guys!

I am in the country on a post study work visa, as I graduated from a UK university and am currently in the middle of my masters.

Have any of you applied for this from outside your country of residence?

xx

Oh - and what I did for the bankers draft - I just had my mum get one for me and she posted it to us in the UK! We gave her the money for it.. but it was just easier, at the time.

hey everyone i need your help!

I live in the UK and have for the past 3 years on a working visa.

Met my boyfriend 4 years ago when I studied abroad.

We are engaged and I want to get him into the country on a K1 visa so we can have a big wedding with my family.

My Problem............ I dont know if I need to included a check in my I-129F petition??

It says on the form instructions if you live abroad to contact the embassy for method of payment.....but they were completely unhelpful!

Help anyone??

Can I pay over the phone? Do I have to send a check? If so Im going to have to send it to my parents and get them to attach a check as I no longer have a US bank account....

Help ASAP please! I want to send the form out as soon as possible! xx

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Have you studied the whole process and your options?

How long do you estimate you want to stay in the UK?

Do you know you can't plan a wedding with 100% certainty that the visa timing will work out?

Already mentioned, but you need to live in the US or have a plan for residence there to qualify on the Affidavit of Support for his visa. And a job in the US or a joint sponsor.

Do you know when he enters on his visa and gets married, he can't immediately go back to the UK? Will you be ready to move here at that time or will you have to leave him here unemployed with no driver's license while you go back to finish the masters?

Have you explored coming on visa waiver, getting married, then returning to the UK to file for a spouse visa via Direct Consular filing, a quicker option for USCs living in the UK?

I'm just tossing out some things to think over if you haven't, not trying to throw cold water on your plans.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Hey there -

I applied from the UK, too - as I was living and working abroad for three years.

I've just now moved back to the US.. it means us being a part for the next four months, but it's SO much easier when it comes to the I-134 to be here....!!!

Oh - and what I did for the bankers draft - I just had my mum get one for me and she posted it to us in the UK! We gave her the money for it.. but it was just easier, at the time.

Hey! our situations sound really similar! And its so great to hear that it is working out for you!! This def seemed like the best option for us as well!

Could u explain the process that you used? SO you got your mom to send a check to you in the UK and then you sent it to the Visa lockbox in the states? DId they send all the notifications and stuff to your address in the UK?

Def need all the guidance you can give :) thanks so much! xxx

I had my mum write a cheque and post it to us in the UK.. it was just easier!!

With regards to communications and everything, filled out everything with my UK address but for reasons involving the unrealiability with Royal Mail (at least for me!) and the ease of getting paperwork quicker, I had asked, when sending in our 129-F, that they use my parents US address for posting everything.

I have heard of people that use their foreign address, and I am sure it will be no problem :)

Hey! our situations sound really similar! And its so great to hear that it is working out for you!! This def seemed like the best option for us as well!

Could u explain the process that you used? SO you got your mom to send a check to you in the UK and then you sent it to the Visa lockbox in the states? DId they send all the notifications and stuff to your address in the UK?

Def need all the guidance you can give :) thanks so much! xxx

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I am having the same problem! I am living in Spain until August and we are trying to figure out how to pay. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one struggling with this part. I have called every number they list and tried to talk to everyone possible in every office and they are all rude and can give you no help---Don't bother calling them. I even got yelled at today by some woman saying that I should call the people I have already called who gave me her number. WHATEVER. I think the best option is what was said above-- have someone from the US send you a check or money order to put in with your I-129f. But as others have warned you, look at all the information and be absolutely SURE that you are going about this is the correct way for your situation. You may end up stuck in the US and very frustrated.

Best of luck

I am having the same problem! I am living in Spain until August and we are trying to figure out how to pay. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one struggling with this part. I have called every number they list and tried to talk to everyone possible in every office and they are all rude and can give you no help---Don't bother calling them. I even got yelled at today by some woman saying that I should call the people I have already called who gave me her number. WHATEVER. I think the best option is what was said above-- have someone from the US send you a check or money order to put in with your I-129f. But as others have warned you, look at all the information and be absolutely SURE that you are going about this is the correct way for your situation. You may end up stuck in the US and very frustrated.

Best of luck

My UKC fiance and I were travelling around as we were preparing our I-129F. What we did is shipped all of the documents to my mother in the States to have her put the packet together more neatly than we could have (there wasn't room in our backpacks for paperclips and such ;) ). She also wrote a check from her account, and later we reimbursed her through Paypal. The check being written by her was never a problem.

06/30/10 -- I-129F form FedEx'd from Paris
07/08/10 -- Received by CSC
07/15/10 -- NOA1 hardcopy received
07/18/10 -- Touched
12/07/10 -- NOA2!!!
12/13/10 -- NOA2 hardcopy received
12/30/10 -- London receives approved application from NVC
02/01/11 -- Paul's flight back to the UK
02/03/11 -- Medical Exam
02/08/11 -- Medical Results received/logged at Embassy
03/04/11 -- Interview @ 9am APPROVED!!!!!
03/10/11 -- Visa delivered
03/12/11 -- Back home biggrin.png
04/08/11 -- Wedding <3

06/17/2011-- AOS Packet mailed off (finally)
06/24/2011-- AOS Packet received by Chicago Lockbox
07/14/2011-- NOA1 returned to USCIS as undeliverable
07/15/2011-- Address changed and AR-11 filled out
07/18/2011-- Received change of address receipt notice
08/09/2011-- New biometrics appointment letter generated ... but....
08/25/2011-- Was returned as undeliverable....again....still have not updated our zip code in their master file
09/06/2011-- Biometric appointment (was told what time and date by Officer over the phone)
09/14/2011-- Work Authorisation card received in our mailbox!
09/19/2011-- Received online notification of interview date
10/20/2011-- Interview -- APPROVED!
10/28/2011-- Green card arrived in mail

07/24/2013-- I-751 Packet sent to CSC

07/30/2013-- NOA1 received in mail

08/02/2013-- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

08/23/2013-- Biometrics Appointment

10/30/2013-- RFE Received

11/07/2013-- RFE Packet sent to CSC

11/22/2013-- APPROVED for Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hey! I was just looking at all of your timelines on how long everything took, and was just wondering what you meant by touched?

Also its been just over a week and i still havent heard anything back about the application :( i suppose they will be mailing it to the UK, but I attached the form so they can email me updates as well... getting worried..

hey! I was just looking at all of your timelines on how long everything took, and was just wondering what you meant by touched?

Also its been just over a week and i still havent heard anything back about the application :( i suppose they will be mailing it to the UK, but I attached the form so they can email me updates as well... getting worried..

When you file a petition, they will send you an NOA1 (Notice of Action). I believe it's also I-767C or something like that. It tells you they have accepted your petition and gives you a case#. If you filed the form with your phone/e-mail, you should also get a text/e-mail notification with your case #.

After you have your case number, you need to sign up for an account here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

After you get an account, add your case# to your portfolio (if your case is available online).

Then you will see a 'Last Updated (mm/dd/yyyy)' field.

That tells you the last time the case was touched.

Touches, in general, don't mean much.

Some people are approve without touches at all.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.