Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

IR1/CR1 is always better than K-3.

Almost all will go for IR1/CR1. Very few people only wish to go for K-3. Please read the term carefully wish, hope etc. in this context.

Loto

Not following you Loto. You refer to three reasons why people would want a K3 but then also say IR1/CR1 is always better. The currently unavailable K3 visa is much better for a small number of people, primarily those without immediate immigrant intent. I just spoke to somebody for whom K3 would be perfect. They live abroad and the foreign spouse can't get a visitor visa. They MAY want to live in the US sometime later but for now they would like her to be able to come and go. The K3 is perfect for that.

My wife came on a K3 when it was still both viable and significantly faster but for now, most couples have immediate immigrant intent, meaning for them, the CR1 or IR1 is the better fit BECAUSE even during the last two years of its availability the K3 saved little if any time and was far more (about $600)expensive from petition to green card.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

s/he chose not to answer that the first time, so why are you pushing for the info (3 more times in this post)? as you acknowledge, there are good reasons for wanting k-3 approval. :blink:

It's a question. I asked because I'm interested in the answer. What's it to YOU?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thats very interesting. I wonder why?

read back through the thread

Not for us either - but you know what!

WE JUST GOT A TOUCH ON THE I129F - 2 in 2 days! good.gif

us too us too!!! dancing dancing... they must be working on a pile of I-129Fs becasue i think there were 3 of us got touched yesterday and now 2 of us today :dance: i wouldnt have checked becasue its still early but when i saw your post i checked :dance:

IR1/CR1 is always better than K-3.

Almost all will go for IR1/CR1. Very few people only wish to go for K-3. Please read the term carefully wish, hope etc. in this context.

Loto

In the U.S or in Pakistan? :P

As you know I-130 approval notice comes to petitioner's address :star: Is the petitioner's current address is outside the U.S?

Loto

i love old comedy movies and there's one with Chevy Chase called Funny Farm... their mailman i think was a drunk, but driving like a maniac, didnt even slow down but would just throw the mail out the window as he zoomed by laughing like a psycho :P i always joke about at least THEY got their mail (even if it was all over the ground)!

the mail service is crappy both places ... pakistan it eventually arrives, weeks later.... USA (address where the USCIS notices would come) the mail just disappears/never arrives. complaints are met with "we're really busy and dont have enough carriers, sometimes the mail doesnt get delivered but you can rent a PO Box and you should get all your mail". extortion really ticks me off so i did have a PO Box in another city (no way this one would get my money!) but in dealing with govt agency we wanted to use a physical address.

i dont recall if you can use an address other than a physical address; i'm sure it can be done but have also seen people fill out change of address only to have it completely ignored. when dealing with govt agencies, best to make it as easy on them as possible.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Question - Has anyone who was transferred to "an USCIS office" received their snail mail notification yet?

I haven't received mine nor have I seeen any postings from others who were transferred.

Edited by Nile_Romance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We want the CR1, but we will GLADLY take the K3 if it happens and if it's quicker...

Interestingly, we have had 2 touches in 2 days on the I129F, but none on the I130? wacko.gif

Check our time line below, same here, just wait and tomorrow you will have a touch on I 130 just like us :thumbs:

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Question - Has anyone who was transferred to "an USCIS office" received their snail mail notification yet?

I haven't received mine nor have I seeen any postings from others who were transferred.

I don't think they will send out letters for that. Or at least I never got one, and I got that email over a week ago.

yeMBfha.jpg

I don't think they will send out letters for that. Or at least I never got one, and I got that email over a week ago.

That's because I don't think we were transferred anywhere. Just another department....good.gif

Check our time line below, same here, just wait and tomorrow you will have a touch on I 130 just like us :thumbs:

Interesting! Watching out for that! good.gif

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Not following you Loto. You refer to three reasons why people would want a K3 but then also say IR1/CR1 is always better. The currently unavailable K3 visa is much better for a small number of people, primarily those without immediate immigrant intent. I just spoke to somebody for whom K3 would be perfect. They live abroad and the foreign spouse can't get a visitor visa. They MAY want to live in the US sometime later but for now they would like her to be able to come and go. The K3 is perfect for that.

My wife came on a K3 when it was still both viable and significantly faster but for now, most couples have immediate immigrant intent, meaning for them, the CR1 or IR1 is the better fit BECAUSE even during the last two years of its availability the K3 saved little if any time and was far more (about $600)expensive from petition to green card.

pushb, you are absolutely right :thumbs:

Let me clarify it. If you feel any wordings are wrong, please let me know.

1) IR1/CR1 is always better

First of all, we (petitioner and/or beneficiary) don't have a choice (they can just hope or wish to approve I-130 first and I-129F second and vice versa) to approve this one first and approve the other one second. It is the decision of the USCIS. USCIS approves I-130 and I-129F petitions together in almost all cases. Then USCIS forwards both approved petitions to NVC. Here, NVC kills I-129F to pursue K-3 visa. I don't know if we can request NVC not to kill K-3 visa, in this case (Please answer it for me!). Since NVC kills K-3 path in this case, IR1/CR1 path is the only choice.

Why most people like IR1/CR1 including me? There are many benefits here. Few are - Beneficiary is immigrant, gets the GC immediately on arrival, able to work immediately after POE with SSN, eligible for U.S citizenship in around 3 years and many more.

2) Why people would want a K3 non-immigrant visa

First of all, they can wish for it. Wish and hope are different than "I want it" in this context. As I mentioned above, both I-130 and I-129F will be approved together in almost all cases. Ok, now what about few other cases (note only few cases, I have seen this in this year as well) where I-129F gets approved first and I-130 approval comes later? Here NVC can NOT kill K-3 path. Petitioner and/or applicant quickly proceeds with NVC K-3 steps and the case file is forwarded to the Consulate for K-3 non-immigrant visa. After successful K-3 interview, applicant comes here as non-immigrant. Obviously, they need to fo Adjustment of Status, if they wish to be the permanent resident in this case with additional money and time.

Why these few people wish (again wish!) for K-3? It is personal choice. Few reasons had already discusses here. Let me elaborate it again.

1) NVC takes around 1.5 months to complete the case for IR1/CR1 path whereas just 2 weeks for K-3 path. So, time sensitive people, it is a month's time saving

2) Some petitioners will be really on the edge of poverty line and they don't have good income in the prior years. If they get K-3 path, Affidavit of Support is I-134 for K-3 path which is relaxed than I-864's stricter poverty guidelines. Later these sponsors can build their finances based on good job acquired etc. this year and file I-864 as part of the Adjustment of Status.

3) As nad mentioned, she doesn't want immigrant visa. So, if she is lucky to get K-3 path and subsequent K-3 visa, she wants to spend time in the U.S as non-immigrant and when the non-immigrant time period expires, she will leave the U.S.

Now pushb, come up with your points and we can discuss it. If I am wrong in any of the above wordings, please feel free to point out, so that I will overlook in to it.

Again, I respect your wealth of wisdom and I have enjoyed reading your posts and still do :star:

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

We want the CR1, but we will GLADLY take the K3 if it happens and if it's quicker...

Interestingly, we have had 2 touches in 2 days on the I129F, but none on the I130? wacko.gif

i'm wondering if first touch was to send to different dept in the bldg where they've put the i-129f on a faster track (hoping hoping) and the 2nd touch is that its rec'd there. when we were trasnferred from CSC to TSC we got 2 (on each the i-130 and i-129f) so assumed one was it was sent other was rec'd there. now we're only getting touches on i-129f

What could be the reason for people to want K3 instead of CR1? As far as I know K3 is more expensive...

sometimes money isnt everything. also with the increase of fees there is only a $400+ difference overall IF they are going to do AOS... if they are not it will actually be less expensive ($500+) to do the K-3.

Lol..ok!

just understand that everyone has different needs and what one needs may not work for another. we've chosen another path that some feel is not the "correct" path so just ignore the comments or try to address them so they undertsand if that (understanding) is what the person is trying to do. (if you had been here from day 1 you wold have been dealing with those comments for last 5 mnths... it gets very old! LOL)

It's a question. I asked because I'm interested in the answer. What's it to YOU?

it was many questions (same one rephrased 4 ways) and i dont like to see people bullied. this is a forum for us ALL, people come here for answers and support (for everything from filling out forms to emotional support from people going thru same XP) and arent required to open everything to strangers to get that.

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Timeline

it was many questions (same one rephrased 4 ways) and i dont like to see people bullied. this is a forum for us ALL, people come here for answers and support (for everything from filling out forms to emotional support from people going thru same XP) and arent required to open everything to strangers to get that.

A question is a question. Answering is by choice. How you can equate asking a question, in writing as bullying is beyond my comprehension. I'm interested in the answer. There are good reasons for wanting a K3 visa. If there are more that I don't know about already, I'd like to know what they are. If you have a problem with that, so be it. I didn't ask you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

pushb, you are absolutely right :thumbs:

Let me clarify it. If you feel any wordings are wrong, please let me know.

1) IR1/CR1 is always better

First of all, we (petitioner and/or beneficiary) don't have a choice (they can just hope or wish to approve I-130 first and I-129F second and vice versa) to approve this one first and approve the other one second. It is the decision of the USCIS. USCIS approves I-130 and I-129F petitions together in almost all cases. Then USCIS forwards both approved petitions to NVC. Here, NVC kills I-129F to pursue K-3 visa. I don't know if we can request NVC not to kill K-3 visa, in this case (Please answer it for me!). Since NVC kills K-3 path in this case, IR1/CR1 path is the only choice.

Why most people like IR1/CR1 including me? There are many benefits here. Few are - Beneficiary is immigrant, gets the GC immediately on arrival, able to work immediately after POE with SSN, eligible for U.S citizenship in around 3 years and many more.

2) Why people would want a K3 non-immigrant visa

First of all, they can wish for it. Wish and hope are different than "I want it" in this context. As I mentioned above, both I-130 and I-129F will be approved together in almost all cases. Ok, now what about few other cases (note only few cases, I have seen this in this year as well) where I-129F gets approved first and I-130 approval comes later? Here NVC can NOT kill K-3 path. Petitioner and/or applicant quickly proceeds with NVC K-3 steps and the case file is forwarded to the Consulate for K-3 non-immigrant visa. After successful K-3 interview, applicant comes here as non-immigrant. Obviously, they need to fo Adjustment of Status, if they wish to be the permanent resident in this case with additional money and time.

Why these few people wish (again wish!) for K-3? It is personal choice. Few reasons had already discusses here. Let me elaborate it again.

1) NVC takes around 1.5 months to complete the case for IR1/CR1 path whereas just 2 weeks for K-3 path. So, time sensitive people, it is a month's time saving

2) Some petitioners will be really on the edge of poverty line and they don't have good income in the prior years. If they get K-3 path, Affidavit of Support is I-134 for K-3 path which is relaxed than I-864's stricter poverty guidelines. Later these sponsors can build their finances based on good job acquired etc. this year and file I-864 as part of the Adjustment of Status.

3) As nad mentioned, she doesn't want immigrant visa. So, if she is lucky to get K-3 path and subsequent K-3 visa, she wants to spend time in the U.S as non-immigrant and when the non-immigrant time period expires, she will leave the U.S.

Now pushb, come up with your points and we can discuss it. If I am wrong in any of the above wordings, please feel free to point out, so that I will overlook in to it.

Again, I respect your wealth of wisdom and I have enjoyed reading your posts and still do :star:

Loto

you should start a side business helping people thru the visa process! understanding and able to explain it clearly...

definitely the k-3 is a personal choice because for the mass majority the CR1 is what they need.

add'l point:

multiple enteries... this can be important for some with elderly parents or other issues where they may need to go back to their native country for visits (i think some get confronted by this AFTER they get the CR1 and then they're stuck)

this would be an addition to you point #2 but there is less out of pocket money with k-3 (if not doing AOS) and as you said more time to get AOS money if that path is chosen.

Our I-129F was touched 11/30 and 12/01 also!

danacing dancing dancing!!!

did they touch only your i-129f like they did with us?

Filed: Timeline

you should start a side business helping people thru the visa process! understanding and able to explain it clearly...

definitely the k-3 is a personal choice because for the mass majority the CR1 is what they need.

add'l point:

multiple enteries... this can be important for some with elderly parents or other issues where they may need to go back to their native country for visits (i think some get confronted by this AFTER they get the CR1 and then they're stuck)

this would be an addition to you point #2 but there is less out of pocket money with k-3 (if not doing AOS) and as you said more time to get AOS money if that path is chosen.

danacing dancing dancing!!!

did they touch only your i-129f like they did with us?

Yes..just the I-129F! I'm happy now :-)

Filed: Timeline

Hope what you wish. I was simply asking for what exactly are you hoping? It wasn't clear. If you're hoping your I-129F will result in a K3 visa, that's fine. Why is it you want that? There ARE some good reasons. I'm wondering what yours is.

Hi, I have my own personal reasons for filing the K-3 instead of just filing for CR1, but I will not share them on this forum. However, Loto gave some good examples of reasons that one would choose to do a K-3!

Edited by rpratt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Yay, another 2 touches, I130 and I129F touched today 01 December. Please let us have our NOA 2 soon :dance:

Hope that will be a good sign .

Cip.

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.