second stage

Filed for Removal of Conditions(I-751) today

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We filed for Removal of Conditions(I-751) today at VSC. :dance:

Here is the checklist of documents sent:

1. Check for the amount of $545.00 (payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
  2. Copy of the Permanent Resident Card (Front and Back).
  3. 2008 and 2009 Joint Filing Tax Transcripts.
  4. Copy of Joint Bank Checking Account.
  5. Copy of Joint Bank Savings Account.
  6. Copy of Health Insurance Card showing joint policy.
  7. Copy of Dental Insurance Card showing joint policy.
  8. Copy of Auto Insurance showing both our names.
  9. Copy of Natural Gas Bill showing both our names.
  10. Copy of Electricity Bill showing both our names.
  11. Copy of 401K account showing my spouse as beneficiary.
  12. Copy of Driver's Licenses showing the same residential address.
  13. Copy of recent airline travel showing both our names.
  14. Copy of our Marriage Certificate showing both our names.
  15. Copy of Paid off Home Mortgage statement from Wells Fargo only in my name.

We did not include photos or affidavits from friends/family.

We sent the package via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation so not sure if we will be Feb filers or Mar filers. :whistle:

We expect either our package to be returned or an RFE for the following reason -

Spouse changed her last name during the conditional residence phase and now has changed her last name again during ROC.

We asked that her last name be changed in the cover letter and used the 'new' last name in the I-751 form as well and indicated the previous name(s) she had used.

We are hoping that USCIS will issue the Permanent Resident Card in her 'new' last name.

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We filed for Removal of Conditions(I-751) today at VSC. :dance:

Here is the checklist of documents sent:

1. Check for the amount of $545.00 (payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
  2. Copy of the Permanent Resident Card (Front and Back).
  3. 2008 and 2009 Joint Filing Tax Transcripts.
  4. Copy of Joint Bank Checking Account.
  5. Copy of Joint Bank Savings Account.
  6. Copy of Health Insurance Card showing joint policy.
  7. Copy of Dental Insurance Card showing joint policy.
  8. Copy of Auto Insurance showing both our names.
  9. Copy of Natural Gas Bill showing both our names.
  10. Copy of Electricity Bill showing both our names.
  11. Copy of 401K account showing my spouse as beneficiary.
  12. Copy of Driver's Licenses showing the same residential address.
  13. Copy of recent airline travel showing both our names.
  14. Copy of our Marriage Certificate showing both our names.
  15. Copy of Paid off Home Mortgage statement from Wells Fargo only in my name.

We did not include photos or affidavits from friends/family.

We sent the package via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation so not sure if we will be Feb filers or Mar filers. :whistle:

We expect either our package to be returned or an RFE for the following reason -

Spouse changed her last name during the conditional residence phase and now has changed her last name again during ROC.

We asked that her last name be changed in the cover letter and used the 'new' last name in the I-751 form as well and indicated the previous name(s) she had used.

We are hoping that USCIS will issue the Permanent Resident Card in her 'new' last name.

All looks good.

Not sure about the name change....

Good luck

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

All looks good.

Not sure about the name change....

Good luck

Thanks.

Another note: If you need tax transcripts immediately, you can goto your local IRS office and depending on how busy they are you can get it within an hour or two.

Link: http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html (Click on your state in the map)

Edited by second stage

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Filed: Other Timeline

Looks good. I'm a big fan of photos but your documentation is so overwhelmingly complete, you really don't need any. Should be a pure formality.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good luck!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Thanks.

Another note: If you need tax transcripts immediately, you can goto your local IRS office and depending on how busy they are you can get it within an hour or two.

Link: http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html (Click on your state in the map)

Re: tax transcripts - I would only recommend this to people who don't owe any taxes and need transcripts fast. If someone owes taxes and they come in thinking they'll be in and out in 5 minutes they're very wrong. Just two weeks ago I witnessed a man and his wife be in the office for over 40 minutes because they had to clear things up regarding taxes owed - they came in just for transcript.

The lady that works there told all of us who were waiting for transcripts that 1-800 line will tell you it's faster to get the transcript if you go to the local office which is not necessarily true if there are any issues with a tax return. Local office sees your entire tax history and if something pops up as a red flag they will have you stay until it's resolved. The 1-800 people don't see the issues.

I got mine without a problem but really don't like how they look - I like the transcripts mailed better.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Re: tax transcripts - I would only recommend this to people who don't owe any taxes and need transcripts fast. If someone owes taxes and they come in thinking they'll be in and out in 5 minutes they're very wrong. Just two weeks ago I witnessed a man and his wife be in the office for over 40 minutes because they had to clear things up regarding taxes owed - they came in just for transcript.

Not true. You have until April 15th to pay if you owe taxes but if you owe back-taxes(from previous years) then it maybe a problem.

So you can file taxes today or anytime before April 15th but they are due on April 15th if you haven't arranged alternate payments or signed up for payment schedule.

The lady that works there told all of us who were waiting for transcripts that 1-800 line will tell you it's faster to get the transcript if you go to the local office which is not necessarily true if there are any issues with a tax return. Local office sees your entire tax history and if something pops up as a red flag they will have you stay until it's resolved. The 1-800 people don't see the issues.

am not sure about local office asking you to stay until its resolved(I could be wrong) but this isn't a criminal matter, its a civil matter.

I found it easier to walk-in and get my transcripts rather than wait for it for 7-10 days in the mail.

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Not true. You have until April 15th to pay if you owe taxes but if you owe back-taxes(from previous years) then it maybe a problem.

So you can file taxes today or anytime before April 15th but they are due on April 15th if you haven't arranged alternate payments or signed up for payment schedule.

This had to do with the man's returns from previous years - he wasn't filing anything at the time.

am not sure about local office asking you to stay until its resolved(I could be wrong) but this isn't a criminal matter, its a civil matter.

I found it easier to walk-in and get my transcripts rather than wait for it for 7-10 days in the mail.

Well Uncle Sam wants his money so of course they're going to make people stay until issues are resolved. I never said it was a criminal matter, I just said what I observed while in the local office.

I faxed the request in on 1/8, they never showed up so I went to the local office where I had to wait for over an hour to get them. Then I faxed another request on 2/8 and this time they came in 2 weeks.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I chose USPS Priority Mail with Delivery confirmation to mail my package and I wasn't able to track my package online on a daily basis.

Called up USPS and was told they have two services for Priority Mail - a tracking one and a delivery one.

The delivery confirmation shows up only when its finally delivered to its destination as opposed to the tracking one which gets update every evening.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Service Type: Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation

Shipment Activity        Location                               Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered                SAINT ALBANS VT 05479                  02/27/10

Arrival at Unit          SAINT ALBANS VT 05478                  02/27/10

Acceptance               TAMPA FL 33647                         02/24/10

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Looks good. I'm a big fan of photos but your documentation is so overwhelmingly complete, you really don't need any. Should be a pure formality.

I agree with Just Bob. Why didn't you include any pictures? Its not THAT big of a deal, but its one of the best and easiest forms of evidence :)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

I agree with Just Bob. Why didn't you include any pictures? Its not THAT big of a deal, but its one of the best and easiest forms of evidence :)

I don't know if photos are the best form of evidence but you are right its the easiest form and since its the easiest its probably not 'valuable' with respect to other evidences.

We read thro' the I-751 instructions but it doesn't explicitly mention photos are required but does say we can submit documents that we consider as evidence of marriage.

If we get an RFE, we will submit photos but at this time, other documents should provide stronger evidence.

Here is the list of documents that USCIS requires(if its applicable to you):

• Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.
  • Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.
  • Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts, joint federal and state tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, joint installments or other loans.
  • Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws
  • Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.)

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't know if photos are the best form of evidence

I never said they're THE best form of evidence..I said they're ONE OF the best forms of evidence.

Here is the list of documents that USCIS requires

They never actually "require" anything specific. Read the instructions carefully. They give you such sucggestions as examples for forms of evidence, but these (even if they apply to you) are NOT required for your petition to be approved. Pay close attention to wording :) These, however, are the most frequently used forms and evidence and, in most cases, establish grounds for a bonafide marriage (ending in divorce or otherwise). You won't believe how many people had barely enough evidence to submit yet they did fine. Case-by-case is the keyword ;)

Wish you and everyone the best, and welcome to the waiting club :)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Check cashed yesterday(03/02/2010) and it took about 6 calendar days since I sent the package.

Awaiting NOA in the mail.

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Check cashed yesterday(03/02/2010) and it took about 6 calendar days since I sent the package.

Awaiting NOA in the mail.

Isn't it funny how we beg and pray for USCIS to take money out of our accounts? I remenber being so dissapointed everytime I checked my account on line and see that USCIS haven't cashed the check yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.