Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight's dinner was so-so. I tried to make a crockpot recipe called Mediterranean chicken. I completely forgot until this morning, when the chicken breasts, artichoke hearts and diced tomatoes were in the crockpot, that the recipe also called for green olives, which I didn't have. It came out okay, but a bit bland.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

honey baked chicken and stir fried rice for dinner today.. and banana apple muffins for dessert...

hubby already sampled a few muffins ..he says they are good...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

honey baked chicken and stir fried rice for dinner today.. and banana apple muffins for dessert...

hubby already sampled a few muffins ..he says they are good...

Sounds yummy - my mum has a recipe which uses honey and applesauce to glaze chicken pieces...very good. Share a recipe girl!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

honey baked chicken

1\3 cup honey

1\3 cup melted butter or margarine

1 tablespoon yellow mustard

1\4 teaspoon salt

Mix together and pour over 4 to 6 pieces of chicken and bake at 350 degrees. About halfway through baste chicken with sauce in dish...

The sauce was pretty good over the rice....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

After a horrible day, yesterday, with heavy physical labour (snow shovelling) I decided to treat myself to a well aged steak, baked potato, mushrooms, onions, and roasted tomatoes. Yum. I've made a potato soup for today and tomorrow.

Was that you shovelling in your drive way today? :D JK - my gawd the roads in our neighbourhood were a bunch of moguls last night and then silly VDOT came through and pushed all the large chunky ####### into everyone's freshly shovelled driveways.....gotta love it.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline

Was that you shovelling in your drive way today? :D JK - my gawd the roads in our neighbourhood were a bunch of moguls last night and then silly VDOT came through and pushed all the large chunky ####### into everyone's freshly shovelled driveways.....gotta love it.

I was so upset. The truck which plowed our road had to go around my tree which had fallen into the road. So you can guess whose road wasn't plowed to the driveway. As a result, I not only had to shovel our driveway, I had to shovel the road because there's no way my car would clear where they'd plowed. By the time I was done I was in tears. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

Wanted to say helloooooo... it's been a while. :) We're having my husbands Muy Bueno Mexican dip tonight with some nice beverages to go along with the dip & tortilla chips.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline

I wondered how you were keeping, July09Bride. Welcome back. :)

Last night we had rack of lamb with peas and pearl onions, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, roasted zucchini, and a juniper berry sauce. The lamb was perfection. I added a small sweet potato to the yukon golds (can't remember what they call them here) because I didn't think I had enough potatoes, and that turned out nice. I made roasted zucchini because they were sitting in my fridge from another meal and I needed to get rid of them. lol

Tonight I am thinking chicken breast with melon and avocado and a madras curry drizzle.

iagree.gif

Timeline

last night I made lickety split chicken.. I made it ages ago but I forgot how yummy it was...

all it is is orange juice concentrate, soy sauce and chicken seasoning, such as Montreal chicken seasoning (which I have found down here)

here is the recipe actaully.. I am pretty sure I originally got my recipe out of the Chatelaine magazine

http://food.chatelaine.com/Recipes/View/Lickety_split_chicken

only change I made was to marinate the chicken in the mixture for a few hours.. we did grill it on the BBQ but then it ran out of gas before it was finished so we had to finish it off in the oven but it was still super yummy. I served it with some grilled veggies and a packet of pasta...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Well, I finally tried the no-knead bread recipe and had it for dinner tonight. Yum!!! What an easy way to make bread and it is wonderful! We had pinto beans with ham and pan-fried yellow perch to go with it, but the bread was the biggest hit.

So - to make no-knead bread:

3 cups bread flour (or you can use a mixture of whole wheat/rye/oats with the bread flour)

1/4 tsp dry yeast

1 1/4 tsp salt.

1 5/8 cup water

Combine the bread, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and stir until blended. Dough will look and be sticky.

Cover with plastic wrap and let dough sit for 12 hours in 70 degree room or 18 hours if less than 70 degrees (I let mine sit for 19 hours since our temperature is set at 65 degrees).

Dough is 'ready' when you see small bubbles dotting the surface.

Lightly flour a work surface and your hands. Use spatula to empty dough out of bowl onto floured surface. Fold over twice adding flour to hands and sprinkling on dough as necessary to stop it from sticking.

Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes.

Using enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your fingers, shape dough into a round shape.

Place dough in an unheated oven-proof bowl or pot (cast iron, enamel, glass, pyrex, etc.) that has been sprayed with Pam or greased, and dusted with flour

Cover pan with lid or aluminum foil to seal the edges

Place covered pan in oven.

Turn oven on to 450 degrees F and bake covered for 30 minutes.

Remove lid or aluminum foil and bake another 30 minutes.

Remove from onion and cool on rack (if you can!) before eating!

This is springy, beautifully textured bread with a lovely crust - and tastes like bread is supposed to taste! Yum!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I have not made Tamale pie in awhile so that is what we are having today.. I guess they changed the recipe a little because they no longer sell Fiesta Chili Beef soup.. so instead they say to add a can of Beef & Bean Chili.. which probably would be good.. I added a can of vegetable beef soup like always and some chili powder, cumin etc...

http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/shortcut-tamale-pie-78449/

I also found this recipe which looks good.. instead of soup you add a can of creamed corn... and you use salsa verde but you could use regular salsa if you wanted... it also calls for Rotel (tomatoes and green chiles ) but I am not sure if it would need that too.....

http://mexican.food.com/recipe/yummy-tamale-pie-212108

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I made Creamy Vegetable Orzo for dinner today.. it was really yummy and the hubby gave it an A+.. I just added some chicken and squash to it...

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/creamy-vegetable-orzo-119001.aspx

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.