Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i got home late but within 30 to 40 minutes i got dinner in the oven and dishes washed .. yay me!!

we are having chicken thighs that I just sprinkled with some Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lome seasoning and threw it in a pan and then I cut up some potatoes, red bell pepper and onion, tossed them with some olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and some fresh rosemary, threw that in a dish and baked it..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mom's work gives out free turkeys every year so even though we went to my uncles for Thanksgiving, we still got the free turkey too. So I bet you can guess what we had tonight... :whistle:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I made turkey chill today with some of the leftover turkey..

copied this from my Facebook..

I threw some turkey, onion, bell pepper, corn, stewed Italian tomatoes, some Clamato juice , black beans (partially drained), chili powder, cumin powder, salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper, garlic powder, bay leaves, and brown sugar in the crock-pot...... I served it with onion, cheese, and corn chips...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight is going to be a Stoffers Stuffing and Chicken casserole, and tomorrow I'm going to do home made chicken nuggets again. I've been getting really creative with my cooking recently, trying to find recipes for things we like to make them at home. Found one for Chick Fil A Sauce and tried it for the first time today, its soooo good already, but I'm letting it sit overnight for the nuggets tomorrow hoping it picks up a little more of the hickory flavor.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Just made this...I forgot the apple cider vinegar totally and it still turned out great! Saw it on weekend today show Saturday. The suggested serving was with a shrimp in a small shot glass as an h'ordeuvres but I'm just having plain old soup...pretty Weight Watcher friendly too.

Fire-roasted tomato and winter squash soup

1 2-pound acorn squash

1 large garlic bulb

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided

2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided

1 14.5-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1.5 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Cracked black pepper

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cut squash in half and discard the seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, on prepared baking sheet.

Cut 0.25 inch off of the pointed end of garlic bulb, keeping cloves intact. Place garlic, cut side up, on a small sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Wrap garlic in foil and place on the baking sheet with squash.

Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until squash and garlic are very tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop squash pulp from peel into a small bowl; discard peels. Squeeze garlic pulp into bowl.

In the container of a blender, combine squash, garlic pulp, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 cup broth, and tomatoes; process until smooth. Add additional broth is needed to thin. Pour mixture into a medium saucepan, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until warm. Spoon into small serving cups. Garnish with cracked black pepper if desired.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline

Oh wow. That sounds awesome, Udella. I'm going to give that a try sometime. Thank you.

Last night we had salad with roasted peppers and giant sea scallops. I was originally going to drizzle it with avocado oil and fresh lemon but my avocado oil didn't survive the move so I mixed some madras curry paste with oil and drizzled it with that instead. It was delicious.

I think I may make a ham and pea soup for this evening, with maybe a little bit of curry for some kick. Or some homemade chicken soup. Or I may make a chicken and shrimp and artichoke pasta with garlic and olives. I haven't really decided as yet. Actually, that pasta is sounding good now that I've written that. lol

iagree.gif

Well, I made the chicken soup. Just the thing on a cold winter's night. Or I guess that's Autumn. The weather doesn't know that Winter isn't until the 21st.

I was also going to make some pumpkin bread for dessert. I asked my husband to pick me up a tin of pumpkin and some ground ginger. He brought home pre-made pumpkin pie mix and cinnamon. I will return them and make pumpkin bread this evening. <_<

Not quite sure what I'll make this evening.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I'm making Chicken stew with biscuits tonight. The recipe is from on of the Barefoot Contessa cook book, I love this recipe.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Ina Garten has some lovely recipes.

Last night I didn't feel like cooking so my husband brought home a pizza. I think we'll get a small next time because their large could have fed an army of giants. I really need to remember that American proportions are far different from other countries.

Tonight I am making oxtail soup.

iagree.gif

Timeline

dunner was yummy... I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and grilled veggies..

for the meatloaf I used ground turkey, some beef chirizio, onion, bell pepper, fresh tomato, panko crumbs, egg, some milk, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, ketchup....for the topping I used ketchup, brown sugar and mustard... mmmm, it w...as sooo good...

the mashed potatoes I did with my ricer and warmed up the milk and margarine... they were good too.. the gravy was our family recipe that is burned into my memory because it was usually my job to make it...

and the veggies I just added some brown sugar and spices and olive oil....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I made Zuchinni lasgna today... it was really good and the hubster gave it a A+

I used this recipe...

http://www.food.com/recipe/zucchini-lasagna-lasagne-low-carb-749

only changes I made were I used white squash that I sliced and grilled just a tad on the BBQ and I used ground turkey instead of beef plus I added some green bell pepper and I didn't add the water to the sauce. The sauce will be a little thick but that is good because the lasagna won't turn out runny... i also doubled the oregano, thyme and basil and added a bit of salt.. I do think it could have used a little more cottage cheese, next time I would probably use a cup..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thanks for the recipe, Marilyn. I will probably make that sometime. I made your chicken tortilla soup last night. Only I omitted the tortillas. It was yummy. I think I will add some kind of dried bean to it next time, though. In fact, we have a lot left over so I shall do that right now! Guess what we're having for supper tonight? lol

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.