Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I love octopus. Although sometimes i find it a bit rubbery. When I was in japan the best sashimi was the octopus. The little suction cups are fun to chew on. They also had these cute little squid that were so small you just dipped tehm in soy sauce and ate tehm whole! Yum!

:o:crying:

I bought a pork loin which is too big for the two of us so i cut it into more reasonable sizes and it'll be used for 3 meals i think. This time I marinated it in white wine, olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Closer to dinner time, I chopped up a couple of potatoes, a sweet potato, a couple of carrots, a shallot and some more garlic. I tossed that with some olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. I put that in a casserole dish, put a couple pats of butter on it, and covered it in tin foil. It went into a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until teh veggies were about half done. Then I took it out of the oven and put the marinated pork on top as well as about half of the marinade. That was baked for another 20-30 minutes until the meat was cooked.

ooooh. That sounds yummy.

As for our turkey I have to change the way I baste it. I have been using a nice white wine/or blush mixed with melted butter to baste it and then make the gravy from the drippings but i can't do that now being pregnant.

The nice thing about cooking with wine is that the alcohol burns off and only the flavour remains. :) Unless there is some other reason you're not using that method? :unsure:

I went to the store and bought all the ingredients to make a seafood risotto and carrot cake. But when I got home I was so hungry that I had leftover tomato soup and a cheez whiz sandwich. (Hubby is away for the week so it doesn't matter what I make. lol) I guess I will make seafood risotto and carrot cake tomorrow night. lol

iagree.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmm, you mentioned cheese whiz... :P I might have to make a list for my brother of stuff he needs to bring if and when he comes in a few weeks...

I want cheese whiz, coffee crisps and mini-coloured marshmallows.. the ones they have down here don't work in my cream cheese balls I like to make for Christmas.. the flavour is too strong..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

last night's dinner was good old Kraft dinner (Canadian) with hot-dogs and some corn..

today's dinner is going to be pita pizzas and oven fried zucchini..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

mmm, you mentioned cheese whiz... :P I might have to make a list for my brother of stuff he needs to bring if and when he comes in a few weeks...

Haha. Sorry about that. I had my Mum bring me one this past weekend. Kept having a craving. Hope your brother brings you one too!

Last night I made the carrot cake. I'm having a piece right now! lol. Instead of the seafood risotto I made a pork chop instead. I'll do the risotto when my husband's home. I marinated the pork chop in wine, oil, thyme, salt and pepper, and liquid smoke. I also steamed some broccoli and cauliflower and had that with cheese sauce. And then I made a ham and cheese and cauliflower soup to use up the rest of the cauliflower. My husband changed his flight and is coming home this evening instead of tomorrow so he'll be happy with a bowl of soup when he gets in. Guess I'll have to cancel my plans with the boyfriend! :P

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The nice thing about cooking with wine is that the alcohol burns off and only the flavour remains. :) Unless there is some other reason you're not using that method? :unsure:

I always thought the alcohol was cooked off too till I watch some show about food facts or something like that (it was awhile ago). They showed a few methods of cooking with it and explained that very little is actually cooked off, explained why and such, it was really interesting.

But since I'm really am paranoid now I figure I'd be better just to avoid it.

Glad you get your Husband home a bit early. Did you use all your cheese wiz making all the cheese dishes? I miss good cheese wiz hope my parents come down and bring me some too.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

We have a toaster oven mainly for that

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

so hubby's dad is taking us out for dinner tonight..

we are going here.. http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

we gave been there before.. it is pretty good.. i want to try the meatloaf sandwich..

A toasted garlic cheese French roll, topped with Derek’s favorite meatloaf made with lean ground Angus beef and pork, garlic, onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, Parmesan cheese, Panko bread crumbs and an array of spices. Served with seasoned, steamed vegetables, white cheddar mashed potatoes, mushroom brown gravy and crunchy, sweet onion strings.

MMMMMM

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Enjoy your supper Marilyn.

I am making tilapia and sweet potatoes fries for supper tonight. Well that's if I can ever get my butt in gear.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, just made the sandwich. lol. I like to put it on a slice of bread and then stick it under the broiler. Yum.

There is nothing like putting cheeze whiz on a fresh homemade bun right out of the oven...it just melts right in!!!

Timeline

oh yeah cheese whiz on fresh bread is awesome...

the meatloaf sandwich I had for dinner was one of the best things I have eaten in a long time.. mmmm sooo good!!!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I made seafood chowder and salad for dinner last night. I made way too much, though, so we'll have it again tomorrow. Tonight we are having beef stew.

I also made cheesecake brownies. I really have to stop making desserts. My husband always wants a dessert and I never used to eat them. Now I have to make them all the time and it's ruining my girlish figure. lol. He really has to stop.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Well we have been eating leftovers all weekend, a 24lb turkey makes lots of left overs. I didn't have to do much that night hubby was great doing most of the work. I got so tired and nauseous I had to have a nap. So tonight I will make chicken fried steak. Not sure on the side yet but I will get to that eventually.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.