Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We ordered pizza!! It is early, but Si works a 12hr night shift that starts at 6, so in order to eat together we have to eat fairly early on the days he works.

I used to cook so much stuff on my BBQ and I loved cooking, but we are not allowed a BBQ where we live, so I find myself struggling lately to get insipred to cook. And the fact that a lot of the things that I liked to use when cooking I can not find here....and I am usually too lazy/too busy to make it from scratch.

I think I need a visit from the "Take Home Chef" lol!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

We were out furniture shopping last night so I just nuked some Stouffer's mac and cheese and made chili dogs with the leftover chili. Stouffer's makes some really great products. I have no idea what we're having this evening.

On a slow cooker note.... I gave my old slow cooker away because my husband-to-be already had one. Turns out his wasn't as good as mine so now I'm back in the market for a new one. <_< What kind does everyone else have, and are you happy with it? I can't get my old kind anymore because it was one of the originals. It's older than some of our members :lol: and still going strong.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

On a slow cooker note.... I gave my old slow cooker away because my husband-to-be already had one. Turns out his wasn't as good as mine so now I'm back in the market for a new one. <_< What kind does everyone else have, and are you happy with it? I can't get my old kind anymore because it was one of the originals. It's older than some of our members :lol: and still going strong.

I wouldn't trade my Crockpot for any other kind :)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Tonight I think I am making taco salad. I have been craving salad like crazy, but hubby doesn't like it that often and I hate buying all the veggies for just a couple of salads for myself because they end up going bad before I can eat them all, and I hate wasting food like that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a pretty big slow cooker, it has to be for the 6 of us. We use it lots but really it doesn't save me much time some times. Not sure what brand it is but it works great. I ended up frying chicken breast with garlic and basil, boiled red potatoes and had them with butter and parsley, and for the life of me I can't remember what vegi I had with it. Sat I made meatballs and carrots in beef gravy and rice. Today was my youngest boys birthday he turned 14 so we had home made pizza, red velvet cupcakes, and a giant chocolate chip cookie. And boy am I tired.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

As long as the rain stays away tomorrow I am firing up the BBQ! I can't believe summer is almost over! :( bacon wrapped filet mignon, corn on the cob both on BBQ!

Caesar salad and possibly some mashed potatoes!

Yum! My mouth is watering already!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Does anybody have a good white wine sauce recipe that doesn't use a lot of heavy cream?? Lemony is okay...just not heavy on the cream or oil. Something that would go good with chicken pasta and asparagus. THANKS!

Timeline

I had double chocolate fudge ice cream! I wasn't very hungry tonight, but had a sweet tooth!

Sometimes chocolate is just the answer :)

I think every time I post in here, I include corn on the cob, but for once, we're not having that tonight! We haven't eaten yet (I'm on the pacific coast), but we're having salmon, brown rice, and steam broccoli and cauliflower! yum!

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

Last night, was about to start cooking dinner when the power went out in our complex. I think it was because everyone and their dog is using the AC lately.

.... So we went to Red Lobster :D Neither my husband nor I have ever been there, and were not expecting great things, because I've never heard anything great about it... but it was surprisingly good! I had snow crab legs and loved them! And made a bit of a mess... haha

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

tonight my hubby grilled on his charcoal grill.. we had grilled portabella and onion burger.. and balsamic grilled carrots and a baked potato.. it was all very yummy..

this is the recipe we used for the portabllas.. I was going to grill some red pepper to replace the jarred roasted red peppers but I forgot...

http://cleananddelicious.com/2011/03/15/grilled_portabella_mushroom_bu/

it was soo good.. we have some more portabellas so we are going to grill them again tomorrow the same way but eat them just by themselves with the onions...

this is the recipe we used for the carrots.. they were really yummy too...

http://www.simplebites.net/grilled-vegetables-recipe-balsamic-grilled-carrots/

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Does anybody have a good white wine sauce recipe that doesn't use a lot of heavy cream?? Lemony is okay...just not heavy on the cream or oil. Something that would go good with chicken pasta and asparagus. THANKS!

Wow. Been a long time since I've been in this thread. :blink:

I imagine you've long since had that chicken pasta with asparagus but I thought I'd reply to your question. :lol:

What I do is one of two things..... after you've browned the chicken and removed it from the pan, saute some sliced onions until opaque, then add some white wine, a squeeze of lemon, and maybe a bit of chicken broth or salt and pepper (to taste), and then a bit of cream. You could also add capers. For a creamer sauce without the cream I add garlic and herb cream cheese and then add broth until I get the right consistency. Or you could use plain cream cheese, or even salmon. I only use Canadian cream cheese if I'm using the herbed or salmon kind because the American ones I've found don't taste the same.

You're probably not even going to read this. lol

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.