AlHayatZween

Is there any way to Expedite an EAD?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is there any way to expedite the approval of an EAD application... in the circumstance that you arrived in the US, got the temporary work stamp, secured employment, applied for AOS/EAD... but it still hasn't arrived yet?

Saw it posted in another topic that someone requested an expedite, and i was wondering under what circumstances this could be done? Do you have to wait for the first 90 days after applying? Or is there some other caveat to expediting?

Many thanks!

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Well. I just was persistent and made an Infopass every 2 weeks to put in a service request and finally got mine.

Ask the IO that you speak with if there are any holds on the case and to put in an expidite request.

You do have to wait the full 90 days though otherwise they will tell you that you have to wait the full 90 days.

So YES you HAVE to wait the 90 days to put in the service request

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We didn't wait the 90 days , yet put one in through the phone at USCIS last Friday. So now we wait and see.

If nothing happens in 2 weeks, we will make an infopass .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
We didn't wait the 90 days , yet put one in through the phone at USCIS last Friday. So now we wait and see.

If nothing happens in 2 weeks, we will make an infopass .

We did the same last Thursday and are waiting now. How did it turn out for you? I hope you are still reading the forum given that the post is quite old.... It has been less than a month since we filed and haven't got a biometrics appointment yet. We are in a really bad financial situation and if I don't start work by the end of February we won't be able to pay our bills, and we can't get any help from parents since both mine and his has helped us a lot already and said not to ask anymore.... My husband is a full time student so he can't work a lot of hours. I have a degree and had a job offer but they didn't want to wait for my EAD. We requested the expedite based on severe financial loss to a company or a individual. We did explain this to the person on the phone and she sent it, but nothing yet. She also said to call if we don't hear anything in 5 days.

Has anyone else had an experience with expediting a EAD and how did it turn out?

12/21/2009 Package mailed

12/23/2009 Package received

01/04/2010 All 3 NOA received dated 12/30

01/14/2010 Applied for expedite, I-130 and I-765 touched

01/30/2010 Received Biometrics appointment scheduled for 02/23/2010

02/02/2010 Walked in and did biometrics

02/03/2010 Touched I-765 and I-485

02/19/2010 EAD Card production ordered

02/26/2010 Received interview appointment letter for 03/29

02/27/2010 EAD arrived in mail (Day 51)

03/03/2010 Filed for change in address

03/08/2010 Received change in address confirmation

03/29/2010 INTERVIEW AT 9:30AM - APPROVED (Day 81)

03/31/2010 Card production ordered. YEY!

04/24/2010 Card received after all the trouble!

01/03/2012 Filed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence

01/11/2012 Received Notice of Action Dated 01/06/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Is there any way to expedite the approval of an EAD application... in the circumstance that you arrived in the US, got the temporary work stamp, secured employment, applied for AOS/EAD... but it still hasn't arrived yet?

Saw it posted in another topic that someone requested an expedite, and i was wondering under what circumstances this could be done? Do you have to wait for the first 90 days after applying? Or is there some other caveat to expediting?

Many thanks!

hz

The "tempory" stamp has not been a valid work authorization for about a year . If you are waiting a year for EAD there is some problem. If you are working based on the stamp you are working without authorization

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 1 month later...
We did the same last Thursday and are waiting now. How did it turn out for you? I hope you are still reading the forum given that the post is quite old.... It has been less than a month since we filed and haven't got a biometrics appointment yet. We are in a really bad financial situation and if I don't start work by the end of February we won't be able to pay our bills, and we can't get any help from parents since both mine and his has helped us a lot already and said not to ask anymore.... My husband is a full time student so he can't work a lot of hours. I have a degree and had a job offer but they didn't want to wait for my EAD. We requested the expedite based on severe financial loss to a company or a individual. We did explain this to the person on the phone and she sent it, but nothing yet. She also said to call if we don't hear anything in 5 days.

Has anyone else had an experience with expediting a EAD and how did it turn out?

Hello ValJade,

Which number did you call to expedite your EAD?...same 800# on the USCIS web site? Also, did you have to send any proves of your financial status too?

Thank You

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It used to say (and might still) that if you have not received your EAD by day 75 of applying to follow up on it with an info pass appointment. The standard is to have the EAD out in 90 days. Now if there is some delay in your case then it may take longer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.