104 posts in this topic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Pretty unvarnished self-delusion. Wow :blink:

Aren't most people who adhere to a rigid belief systems that propose to provide people with all the answers?

What is KSW? :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Aren't most people who adhere to a rigid belief systems that propose to provide people with all the answers?

Keep Scientology Working. Apparently.

Timeline

My impression is that Tom, like most of us, wants desperately to find purpose in his life, and some kind of assurance to the complexities of life. I could never be satisfied with someone 'telling' me the answers. However disturbing and uncertain life is, I accept that much of life is mysterious or beyond explanation.

Timeline

My impression is that Tom, like most of us, wants desperately to find purpose in his life, and some kind of assurance to the complexities of life. I could never be satisfied with someone 'telling' me the answers. However disturbing and uncertain life is, I accept that much of life is mysterious or beyond explanation.

Unfortunately he's rich enough and as a result, eccentric enough to buy into something like Scientology and think he can find the answers himself.

From what I've read Scientology sounds like some sort of Pop-Buddhism, though that's probably an insult to Buddhists.

A couple of my work colleagues have run into Scientologists at various publisher functions - one guy had people following him around trying to flog him L. Ron Hubbard novels and Dianetics.

Timeline
Unfortunately he's rich enough and as a result, eccentric enough to buy into something like Scientology and think he can find the answers himself.

From what I've read Scientology sounds like some sort of Pop-Buddhism, though that's probably an insult to Buddhists.

A couple of my work colleagues have run into Scientologists at various publisher functions - one guy had people following him around trying to flog him L. Ron Hubbard novels and Dianetics.

I read recently that he's like the number two person within the organization. I always thought it would be interesting to go undercover into the organization and then expose it for what it is.

Timeline

I read recently that he's like the number two person within the organization. I always thought it would be interesting to go undercover into the organization and then expose it for what it is.

Someone tried that actually. Undercover journalist for the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6650545.stm

Edited by Number 6

Timeline

Man, this stuff is bizarre! :o

One thing - Hubbard became acquainted with occultist, Aleister Crowley. He got involved in ritual magick and then married a woman named, Sara Northrup, even though he was still legally married to his first wife. Both wives alleged that Hubbard would beat them.

hubbard-insane-says-wife.jpg

Then this part....

Dianetics sold 150,000 copies within a year of publication.[10] Upon becoming more widely available, Dianetics became an object of critical scrutiny by the press and the medical establishment. In September 1950, The New York Times published a cautionary statement on the topic by the American Psychological Association that read in part, "the association calls attention to the fact that these claims are not supported by empirical evidence," and went on to recommend against use of "the techniques peculiar to Dianetics" until such time it had been validated by scientific testing. Consumer Reports, in an August 1951 assessment of Dianetics,[62] dryly noted "one looks in vain in Dianetics for the modesty usually associated with announcement of a medical or scientific discovery," and stated that the book had become "the basis for a new cult." The article observed "in a study of L. Ron Hubbard's text, one is impressed from the very beginning by a tendency to generalization and authoritative declarations unsupported by evidence or facts." Consumer Reports warned its readers against the "possibility of serious harm resulting from the abuse of intimacies and confidences associated with the relationship between auditor and patient," an especially serious risk, they concluded, "in a cult without professional traditions."

The Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation was incorporated in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Branch offices were opened in five other US cities before the end of 1950 (though most folded within a year). Hubbard soon abandoned the Foundation, denouncing a number of his former associates as communists to the FBI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

The guy was a nut!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry Tom but you have lost it! I will not watch your movies same way ever again.

The truth?...Tom you can't handle the truth!

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

He's a nutjob!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

he is an attention #######..and probably needs some psych meds..like lithium...appears bi-polar

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

The only thing I was able to get out of that is that Tom Cruise is there to "Help" and you are either "On board" or your "Not On Board".

I see insanity in his eyes. Seriously.

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Timeline
Sorry Tom but you have lost it! I will not watch your movies same way ever again.

I wouldn't go that far - but clearly there's some deep self delusion being expressed there. Especially that whole thing about being an "authority on the mind" and "getting people off drugs etc."

That BBC article about that organisation, especially the way it recruits, and the types of people it recruits is really quite revealing...

Edited by Number 6