Trumplestiltskin

Tom Cruise Scientology Interview

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is awesome....from Xenu.net (excerpt on How To Talk To A Scientologist)

So, I think that you should talk with a Scientologist completely nonjudgmentally. Get them to talk about what they have observed themselves in fellow Scientologists, organizations, management and activities as compared to what they are given to believe from Hubbard's writings and the promises of management. This way you open the door far enough that they will begin to read and compare the stories and experiences of ex-Scientologists with their own.

Once that happens, you can help them. But don't push it on them. And then by reading actual documents such as Hubbard's death certificate and the coroner's report and toxic screen, the depositions in court testimony, police reports in the Lisa McPherson case, etc., they can begin to form a picture of what they were prevented from knowing. And choose.

So how do you talk to a Scientologist? With care and understanding. They found a reason to be in it. Give them the space and time and resources to find a reason to be out of it.

Michael Tilse © copyright Michael Leonard Tilse 2003

http://xenu.net/archive/infopack/16.htm

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Seinfeld believes in some of that stuff? Wow, that's spooky!

He says he isn't a Scientologist, but some of it's principles helped him in his comedy.

Now that I think about it that may have actually been a sly jab at Scientology!! :lol: Then again, he is apparently friends with Tom Cruise so who knows. There are recent pics of Jerry carrying Suri's diaper bag, weird!.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Hmm, I think you can be friends with people without believing what they believe in...I would be more inclined to the view that it's a sly dig at Scientology with Seinfeld, but then again, who knows really?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Hmm, I think you can be friends with people without believing what they believe in...I would be more inclined to the view that it's a sly dig at Scientology with Seinfeld, but then again, who knows really?

Yeah of course you can, but I don't really class Tom Cruise in with normal people :) Then again, I have no idea how he tries to disseminate his religion (besides those kooky videos), so who really knows.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

In spite of Tom's loonieness, I like him. I hope that he'll become enlightened to the truth about Scientology and if that happens, he'll be one thorn in that organization's side...they just might go belly up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. I strongly believe cats are from another planet.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline
In spite of Tom's loonieness, I like him. I hope that he'll become enlightened to the truth about Scientology and if that happens, he'll be one thorn in that organization's side...they just might go belly up.

or his babbling continues & he spills Xenu's secrets & is the downfall of Scientology. :thumbs:

people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. I strongly believe cats are from another planet.

I don't know, I mean, what about the other cults that have results in mass suicides? Obviously you can't stop people from believing in crazy things, but shouldn't their be some legislation against people being taken advantage of (brainwashed, threatened, etc) by organizations?

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

I don't know, I mean, what about the other cults that have results in mass suicides? Obviously you can't stop people from believing in crazy things, but shouldn't their be some legislation against people being taken advantage of (brainwashed, threatened, etc) by organizations?

I agree. Germany, for example, has or is still trying to declare the Church of Scientology illegal. I suppose there's a fine line between a religion and a cult, but any organization that deliberately tries to control it's members is a cult.

Don't most organisations attempt to control their members? At least to some degree and all organised religions want their adherents to obey their rules and some use manipulation to 'guilt' their adeherents into following them.

I guess the biggest difference between a cult and a religion is the ability to escape it. Most organised religions don't try to make you stay by force or if you do leave try to make your life unpleasant afterwards.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Don't most organisations attempt to control their members? At least to some degree and all organised religions want their adherents to obey their rules and some use manipulation to 'guilt' their adeherents into following them.

I guess the biggest difference between a cult and a religion is the ability to escape it. Most organised religions don't try to make you stay by force or if you do leave try to make your life unpleasant afterwards.

I'm sure the line gets blurred at times, but no, there's a difference between having a set of rules or beliefs and control. Spying on people, telling members not to talk to certain people, deciding who is a friend or enemy to the group...those are all characteristics of control.

Maybe it looks like that from the inside, but from the outside it's easy to see the manipulation that goes on in the name of religion. I don't think that god, should he/she/it exist would be particularly enamoured with organised religion at all.

Clearly, for the religious anyone who doesn't adhere to the rules is an 'enemy' of the group. They are 'sinners' who need to be saved, etc. No, it may sometimes be a more benevalant control, but it's still control.

Oops, too much may.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's true. I'd also say a lot depends on the psychological makeup of the organisation's rank and file members. It is about the organisation trying to control. But I think it actually attracts the kinds of people who want that.

In our old apt in CA (back when I was waiting for my original EAD) - a couple of JW's turned up on my doorstep. I didn't humor them - or allow them entry to my home (as they are often keen to do), but even talking to them for a short time made me cringe at how naiive they appeared.

I mostly feel sorry for these people JW's. They are all so fired up and enthusiastic but you soon discover they are compensating for a lack of emotional maturity. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike these people, but yes, extraordinarily niiave for the most part.

Interestingly, if one ever bothers to listen to evangelical preachers, you quickly discover that there is nothing of substance in their orations. If you can get past the fervour, it's like the emporer's new clothes, you think there should be something important/of note, but there honestly isn't. It's bizarre, truly.