teddy000

Cant USCIS be sympathetic to us??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

My I129 was touched twice last week. How long before I hear from them? I130 isn't touched yet. I am so frustrated. I miss my hubby soooooooooooooooooooo much. I hope USCIS shows some sympathy and approves my applications soon, because this wait is really so upsetting. I want to be able to live with my hubby. There's so much to talk and share. It kinda makes it hard when you're thousands of miles away. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: Just thought of venting out here. Thanks.

Edited by sweety10

You should not be that far away from NOA2. Just hang in there a little longer sweety. Hope you get it soon. :thumbs:

My I129 was touched twice last week. How long before I hear from them? I130 isn't touched yet. I am so frustrated. I miss my hubby soooooooooooooooooooo much. I hope USCIS shows some sympathy and approves my applications soon, because this wait is really so upsetting. I want to be able to live with my hubby. There's so much to talk and share. It kinda makes it hard when you're thousands of miles away. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: Just thought of venting out here. Thanks.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

It is all going to be ok :) you will see...hang in there! i know it's hard like hell! i waited 8 months to get that visa..i know how you feel

Removal of conditions...

Your time should be near. Try to concentrate on how great things will be when you are soon together.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sympathy is not part of the USCIS job description but your friends here and friends and family elsewhere can be sympathetic. Filing to approval is commonly the most stressful and lonely part of the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sympathy is not part of the USCIS job description but your friends here and friends and family elsewhere can be sympathetic. Filing to approval is commonly the most stressful and lonely part of the process.

Wow great post well done

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

We don't even think that they w'd be sympathetic,but can't we expect them to be sincere and responsible to their work? Why are the reps paid for providing us misinformation while they should be penalized? Why the USCIS people have to be pushed by senators/congressmen to be prompt?

Wow great post well done

Susie

I miss my wife dearly and my friends here and on this site are helping but it still does not take all the hurting away I am hanging on though because of Susie and the fact we can talk everyday and at least see each other on camara some people cant do that the time drags and I know each day that passes is another day to the visa I hope my time will be short here and I can be reunited with my wife very soon Hang tough sweety there are more friends here to vent and bend their ears

Kris

I love you Susie and miss you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I-130

VISA IN HAND IM COMING HOME 10/4/08

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We don't even think that they w'd be sympathetic,but can't we expect them to be sincere and responsible to their work? Why are the reps paid for providing us misinformation while they should be penalized? Why the USCIS people have to be pushed by senators/congressmen to be prompt?

Those are interesting questions but born from misunderstanding. The reps on the information line are actually doing the best they can with very little available information. I think most of the misinformation comes from them sincerely trying to help. The problem is they don't have access to any up to date information on cases, so they speculate. Ignorant speculation results in misinformation.

It is rare that a congressperson can make any difference at all in processing time. When they do it is only in specific cases that are in a logjam and must be knocked loose. In most cases, the process takes a long time for no other reason than too much work for too few workers.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I honestly think the reps and the immigration officers are probably sympathetic to us on a personal level. It's not their fault they got flooded with all these applications. I said in another thread that I blame the heads of USCIS for not having the foresight to hire and train those 1500 new hires BEFORE the July 31st deadline. They didn't learn anything from the passport fiasco.

07/18/2007: Married in Gretna Green, Scotland

08/29/2007: I-130 Application Recieved at NSC

12/21/2007: Received NOA1 from CSC

01/08/2008: Touched-Change of Address

2229.gif

.png

.png

It sucks, but it's hard to put a face and personality to a form when your dealing with who knows how many per day. Being a people person is not a job requirement for government service.

We are just stacks of paper in an office, data and statistics, just another number in the choked system.

Anyone who has ever worked for the federal gov. knows the GS pay scale is a joke.

The result you have too few people, with too high a work load, and lousy pay, the up side is it's a lot harder to get fired.

People can get jaded really fast, I imagine just as most people hate their jobs that the people at USCIS probably feel the same way.

I too know what it's like to deal with people on paper, it doesn't take very long before you forget that it's a real human being and not just data on a computer.

They'll get to you, just keep trying to hold out a little longer.

----- DCF TIMELIME -----

Feb. 16th 2007 - Wedding.

Jun. ---- 2007 - Applied for my Honduran residency.

Nov. 8th 2007 - Honduran res. approved.

Honduras:

Nov. 19th 2007 - Applied I-130s and paid fees at Embassy Tegucigalpa Honduras

Nov. 29th 2007 - (email) Asked for information about the next stages of the process.

Nov. 30th 2007 - (email) they sent me packet 4 and other information.

Nov. 30th 2007 - (email) asked how long the police report will be good for.

Dec. 3rd 2007 - (email) police report also good for one year)

Dec. 4th 2007 - Did some research, told not to expect NOA1

Dec. 10th 2007 - Emailed and got our case number

Dec. 11th 2007 - (email) Appointment for interview Jan. 2nd 2008

Dec. 12th 2007 - Did medical exams. Got results the same day.

Dec. 13th 2007 - Applied for police report with DGIC.

Dec. 20th 2007 - Got police report from DGIC.

Dec. 23rd 2007 - Got Marriage, and both birth certs in "forma-literal".

Dec. 26th 2007 - Made photocopies of everything.

Dec. 28th 2007 - Offical NOA2

Jan. 2nd 2008 - Went to interview, approved and got visa's same day.

USA:

Jan. 7th 2008 - POE Houston TX, Arrive home in GA.

Feb. 6th 2008 - Got greencards in the mail, still waiting for social security.

Nov. 16th 2012 - Wife took oath of allegiance and became an US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.