someone tried to abduct my 10 year old daughter today

50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sorry to hear that you have had to go through this and so glad that she is safe. Take pride in knowing that you have taught her well and she knew how to react. Also be glad that you all know your neighbors and she kows who she can go to and seek safety.

I supervise sex offenders and sexual predators on a daily basis. I have both men and women and live in a small town also. I have about 50 offenders total. If I were to meet some of them on the street I would not think they were a sex offender. There are a few where it would cross my mind, but for the most part, I wouldn't know. Most sex offenders have victims that they know. They are family, or close friends of family. Understand that I am not including your statutory rapist in this, but those who victimize children. Children who are pre-pubescent (sp) are at highest risk to be victims. These crimes also happen close to home. Education is key.

Most people have the thought process that it won't happen here in my town or to my children. Sorry to say, but that is false. It is peritnent to know those who live near you, work with you and that your children know them too. Stranger Danger is not taught like it once was years ago and sex crimes are becoming more publicized. Be aware of your surroundings at all times and have open communication with your children. Take the time to review the sex offender registry where you live and in surronding areas. Also look at the sexual predator pages. Show your children the people on these lists so they know who to run from immediately.

Sorry, I got on a soap box there, but everyone needs to be aware. I can't tell you how releived I am to here that this had a positive outcome for you and that you have taught your daughter so well.

good post :thumbs: i've gone around and around in ot about the sex offender registry, i think it's an important tool parents should use and be aware of. i did learn some surprising things on the local area - there is a bunch of them clustered together in the downtown area (about 75% of those in the county) and there is even one living on the military base! none within about 10 miles of me though.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampscott/homepage/x1720556771

The press really botched it up. She's 10 not 12. I could swear I just saw this woman at TJ Maxx like an hour ago!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

OMG! Good thing she thought clearly and ran to safety. Most of the time epople won't try to forcibly abduct a child off the street because it draws too much attention-- so she did a good thing. No one ever tried to abduct me as a child, but someone called the police on my dad saying he was abducting me-- I had thrown up in the car and was pretty young (5) and he had pulled over, gotten me out of the car, took off my shirt (it was covered in wet vomit and was pretty disgusting) and we drove home. Then the police called our house and i answered the phone and they asked for my dad-- the officer knew him because they worked together :) Anyway, before he asked for my dad he asked if I was OK and being 5, it didn't occur to me how that would be that strange, so I said I felt much better now that I had thrown up and went home but that I was going to pick some flowers for my dad and say i was sorry because he had to clean a bunch of throw-up from the car. He laughed and thought that was amusing I guess.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Sorry to hear that you have had to go through this and so glad that she is safe. Take pride in knowing that you have taught her well and she knew how to react. Also be glad that you all know your neighbors and she kows who she can go to and seek safety.

I supervise sex offenders and sexual predators on a daily basis. I have both men and women and live in a small town also. I have about 50 offenders total. If I were to meet some of them on the street I would not think they were a sex offender. There are a few where it would cross my mind, but for the most part, I wouldn't know. Most sex offenders have victims that they know. They are family, or close friends of family. Understand that I am not including your statutory rapist in this, but those who victimize children. Children who are pre-pubescent (sp) are at highest risk to be victims. These crimes also happen close to home. Education is key.

Most people have the thought process that it won't happen here in my town or to my children. Sorry to say, but that is false. It is peritnent to know those who live near you, work with you and that your children know them too. Stranger Danger is not taught like it once was years ago and sex crimes are becoming more publicized. Be aware of your surroundings at all times and have open communication with your children. Take the time to review the sex offender registry where you live and in surronding areas. Also look at the sexual predator pages. Show your children the people on these lists so they know who to run from immediately.

Sorry, I got on a soap box there, but everyone needs to be aware. I can't tell you how releived I am to here that this had a positive outcome for you and that you have taught your daughter so well.

good post :thumbs: i've gone around and around in ot about the sex offender registry, i think it's an important tool parents should use and be aware of. i did learn some surprising things on the local area - there is a bunch of them clustered together in the downtown area (about 75% of those in the county) and there is even one living on the military base! none within about 10 miles of me though.

Double :thumbs::thumbs: I had never thought to look up the SOR, thank you both for pointing this out. With a little one on the way and thoughts of daycare and schools in the not-too-distant future, I really want to know whose going to be within a stone's throw of my child.

And for our OP, how are you feeling today? Things calming down a little? Hope you gave that young lady of yours lots of hugs and encouragement for her smart-thinking :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

no i'm not doing better. I'm more freaked because my mom told me that when she brought some lemon bars (the ones from the paula deen recipe i posted) to this retired police man in her building she asked him, "what on earth would someone want with a 10 year old child?????" and he responded that people have been attempting to abduct them so they can sell them. :blink:

So now I'm freaked that maybe this wasn't so random. I'm not going to take my eyes off of her from now on. My 11 yr old travels in packs no less than 6 or 7 so I'm not as worried about her but my 10 yr old is sort of a loner and an adventurer so she's going to have some excessive supervision from now on.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
How scary for you all. I hope they realize how serious this is and are alert at all times because they may try again like you suspect that it wasn't random.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

no i'm not doing better. I'm more freaked because my mom told me that when she brought some lemon bars (the ones from the paula deen recipe i posted) to this retired police man in her building she asked him, "what on earth would someone want with a 10 year old child?????" and he responded that people have been attempting to abduct them so they can sell them. :blink:

So now I'm freaked that maybe this wasn't so random. I'm not going to take my eyes off of her from now on. My 11 yr old travels in packs no less than 6 or 7 so I'm not as worried about her but my 10 yr old is sort of a loner and an adventurer so she's going to have some excessive supervision from now on.

Im praying for peace and safety for you and yours, hon. I hope you wont have to live in fear long and they catch the nasty people who are stalking children there. (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Worst words any parent can hear, as in the case of my gdaughter also watch who they befriend, kids today know so much more than we ever did, young in years but big in thoughts

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Double :thumbs::thumbs: I had never thought to look up the SOR, thank you both for pointing this out. With a little one on the way and thoughts of daycare and schools in the not-too-distant future, I really want to know whose going to be within a stone's throw of my child.

And for our OP, how are you feeling today? Things calming down a little? Hope you gave that young lady of yours lots of hugs and encouragement for her smart-thinking :thumbs:

Triple :thumbs: Having worked in child protection for nearly 8 years...I am very good friends w/my state Reg Sexual Offenders List....and its amazing how many are listed and many in my own town.... :blink:

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Glad to hear she is ok. :luv:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about this. I am so happy that your daughter is safe and ok. Things like this really make me so upset! You have a smart young lady to know what to do. I am happy she is ok!!

AJ1 (F)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I'm including this from our Dec. 07 school newspaper for statistical purposes. I had no idea!

Stranger Danger --it’s a catchy little phrase my parents taught to there ‘far-too-outgoing’ little princess in order to remind her to be cautious with people. “Never never talk to strangers!” my mother used to remind us, almost daily. “If someone offers you candy, don’t take it -run away!” she’d

say. “If a man ever asks you to help him fi nd his lost kitten --scream and run in the other direction!” These and many other reminders were common place. Unfortunately, like a lot of other children, I didn’t really know a “stranger” and I often thought my mom was getting a little carried away. I knew nothing of the reality. I was fortunate. I didn’t have to learn how wrong I was. I’m old enough to know now that other children were not so fortunate. And as a parent myself today, I wanted to know what the REAL dangers were. In today’s global, educated world --I wondered if Stranger Danger was that important. I found the statistics, and they are more than just alarming.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, a predator is trying to abduct a child every 4.5 minutes! Over 150 children are abducted every single day! Over 3000 children are reported missing or separated from their parents every day!

Now, I don't mean to frighten you. And I don’t think we need to zip-tie our children to our wrists in order to keep them close and safe. But what I do know is thatit’s my responsibility as Mom to make sure that my kids are aware of the real dangers out there and what they can do to stay safe. If you need a place to start, here’s a great activity to do with your kids: Go to http://pediatrics.about.com/od/parentingqu...l_strngdngr.htm and have each of your children take the 15-question Stranger Awareness quiz. It’ll only take a few minutes, and it will give you and your kids important information. Then, if you’re interested in learning more about the actual Stranger Danger program, please email us at source@stuorgs.uidaho.edu. We’re working on how S.O.U.R.C.E. may be able to coordinate a Identi-a-kid activity and need feedback on how many parents are interested. We’d love to include you and your kids!

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.