doodlebugg

someone tried to abduct my 10 year old daughter today

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was online working and reading vj and I got a call from the police saying that they are with my 10 yr old. All blood rushed from my face and I dropped the phone and went over to the house they were at which is approx 8 houses down from mine. she walked home with her bf as she always does on Fridays and when her friend couldn't play she walked home to my house. She was about 6 houses away when a woman in a minivan with very dark windows pulled over and asked if she wanted a ride. She said no thank you and the woman insisted and opened the car door and said c'mon it's too cold to walk get in the car. My daughter turned around and ran as fast as she could to a woman's house that she knows two doors down from the spot she was and the woman called the police and made her some hot cocoa. I was supposed to have a dentist appt but it got cancelled so she didn't call me. I just got home. she's at a party now...it was her biggest worry...getting to her christmas party. I've had a fkg bad night and I'm now shaking. She's getting picked up by her dad so I can't even be with her tonight. Please hug your kids before you go to bed tonight and don't let them walk anywhere alone.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is horrible!

I'm so glad she is safe and okay....there are some scary people out there!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Thank goodness she's okay! You obviously taught her well.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

what's really freaky is that this is the third time something like this has happened in my town. I just don't get it. It's a teeny tiny town and nothing like this has ever happened before and then wham in the past two years we've gotten fliers home from school saying that someone was abducted or someone attempted to abduct a child. The last time was a few months ago. My daughter is in fifth grade and was adamant about not going to after school care since her sister stopped going in fifth grade so I said ok but as soon as we got the flier I put her back in except on Fridays which is the day I work from home. I would normally pick her up too but I was supposed to be at the dentist and she lost her cellphone so I let her walk home with her best friend. Her best friend called the house a few hours ago crying saying it's all her fault. :( The detective handling the case has been great. He keeps calling me every hour to see how I'm doing. I'm not doing good. I'm typing through tears here. I have been so freakin' calm the whole night but when I finally called my husband I fell totally apart. If anything happened to my baby I don't know what I would do. She's my baby and is so very trusting and innocent. Quite frankly I'm shocked that she didn't go in the woman's car. I'm so proud of her. Her little legs were shaking most of the time we were at the police station. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

alhamdulillah [thank God] she's okay!! some people are really scary...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

My gosh. You have done a GREAT job raising that little girl in order for her to be so level-headed and do what she did.

Clearly no parent ever wants to hear what you did, but thank God everything turned out ok.

I just hugged my daughter :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wow that's scary.

I agree with Sharon -- you've taught your daughter very well. :thumbs: Thanks God she knew exactly what to do, and she did it immediately. She's a very smart young lady -- you should be very proud of her ! :luv:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm so sorry! you must be so nervous but feel safe you raised her right and she made the right decision by going away! a similar story happened to me (but it was like 2 years ago instead of when i was a child) i was eating in a restaurant alone in queens, NY and asked the owner about a dish he served because it was so good. he told me what was in it, i paid, and asked him how to get a certain direction because i was walking. i walked out, and a few minutes later i was walking on a deserted street and a big van pulled up next to me. the door swung open and it was him, the owner of the restaurant, asking me if i wanted a ride!!! i said no in a kind voice, and began walking away. he insisted i get in countless times and began to get angry. he then followed me. once i ran to a place there were more people he took off. ugh that was a scary day. i'm glad your daughter is safe! *hugs*

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Holy mother of goodness!!! What a scary thing to have happen!!! I'm so glad she was smart and is safe. It proves you've done something right! Good job. I just gave my son a great big hug.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

OMG!! THis is one of my biggest fears for my children. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. It is wonderful that your daughter was so level headed and got herself to a safe place. Be proud of her and yourself for teaching her so well. (F)

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Timeline

You know what is weird............I dropped everything and bolted out the door. I didn't put my hijab on for the first time since I started wearing it. Didn't even think about it only was concerned about getting to my little girl. In the police station while she was in with the sketch artist the detective came over to me and asked me questions.

Then he said to me, "do you know anyone who wears one of those turban things?", I said, "a turban??", and he said, "yeah you know some cultures, like in India, they wear those turban things...........do you know anyone from India??? "

I thought for a minute and then dawn lit over marblehead and i said, "ooooooooooooooooooooooooh. lol. I wear hijab usually but I'm not wearing it right now. I'm muslim." He said, "what the heck is a hijab?".

lol. I explained it to him. I said I must stick out like a sore thumb in this town huh? He said, "no no no...it's just some of the folks we interviewed said they've seen her with a woman wearing a turban.

:rolleyes:

Thank God for angels like your neighbor to provide a safe haven for your child. And let your daughter know how proud we all are of her for her quick thinking in a scary situation. She was definitely taught well :thumbs:. It not right that we should have to live with fear of our children being stolen from us, but its still comforting to know that your little lady had courage and kept her wits about her. Stories like this make me want to keep my baby in the womb forever :lol:, but Im giving him an internal hug for your daughter's sake. I know it must be difficult for you tonight, so Ill throw in a *hug* for you as well. (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

What a horrible story! Thank God she is okay and safe and sound back to being a child, enjoying a party. It's the grace of God that she is okay and reacted so quickly and intelligently in the midst of pressure and fear. Blessings on your family for safety and protection.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

thank God she's all right!!!!

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.