shadow424

K1 paper approval lost - do I need it ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there :help::help:

We were approved for the K1 on November 19th 2007. However as luck would have it we have lost the paper copy.

I am awaiting our approval getting to NVC and onward to London's US Embassy.

We spoke to USCIS at CSC however they say to file for I-824 to get a duplicate but this costs 340$.

Can I not simply print off the online status that says when we approved and they will send their own copy of the approval with my petition to London ??

Please help.

Many thanks :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
You will need the approval notice for AOS ... NVC nor London should need it...

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

When you apply for adjustment of status upon entry to the US on the K1 you need to send a copy of the approval notice with your application to USCIS.

At this point, you do not need it for the interview or for NVC.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Do you not get a copy of your approval in your 'pack' along with all the evidence you sent to the CSC once your passport is stamped with your K1 visa etc at the US Embassy London.

Or do they just stamp your passport with the visa and say you must go to the US and get married within a certain time.

I was hoping that maybe in London we would be able to get another copy off the inspector ? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will need it to adjust status after marriage in the USA on the K-1 visa.

You can apply for a replacement one using I-824 and of course pay a fee $340

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Do you not get a copy of your approval in your 'pack' along with all the evidence you sent to the CSC once your passport is stamped with your K1 visa etc at the US Embassy London.

Or do they just stamp your passport with the visa and say you must go to the US and get married within a certain time.

I was hoping that maybe in London we would be able to get another copy off the inspector ? :unsure:

Just to reiterate please is there ANY way other than paying the 340$ ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

The visa in your passport will be your approval from the embassy overseas.

I did not receive any other document than that (well, besides the big brown envelope that you are not allowed to open and have to hand in to the immigration officer at the POE, it contains your file).

I guess you could risk it and ask the London embassy about it, but I am not sure wether they will have an exact copy of the letter or some kind of USCIS internal note of the approval (which would not help you out at all), so you might end up having to file I-824 after all. 340.00 Dollar for a NOA2 duplicate kinda sucks... but like stated above, you will def. need it later on in the AOS process, I-485 asks for a copy of the fiance petition approval, not the visa.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Timeline

Dammit, okay , thanks for your help, I guess Santa better bring me some more money this year.

Many many thanks for your help, heres hoping they send this copy quicker than the origonal, it took 219 days to get approved !!

Thanks again :thumbs:

Timeline
Dammit, okay , thanks for your help, I guess Santa better bring me some more money this year.

Many many thanks for your help, heres hoping they send this copy quicker than the origonal, it took 219 days to get approved !!

Yeah, they def. know how to take people's money... good luck to you and I really think they will send you the duplicate alot faster than the original.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, they def. know how to take people's money... good luck to you and I really think they will send you the duplicate alot faster than the original.

Yeah, it's a ridiculous requirement. They *know* you received the Visa becaus a) your passport has the Visa, and B) you're in their freaking computer system. That you have to pay one hand of the government to prove to the other hand of the government that you're legit is just moronic. :(

Congrats on the K-1 though, and best of luck to you both! :)

Timeline
Yeah, it's a ridiculous requirement. They *know* you received the Visa becaus a) your passport has the Visa, and B) you're in their freaking computer system. That you have to pay one hand of the government to prove to the other hand of the government that you're legit is just moronic. :(

I couldn't agree more!

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.