Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi All.......well we did it .....Married May 2, 2008 at 200 in the afternoon.......We are filing the next part on Monday........Will have pictures soon....Very small very low key affair.......but it was perfect ........

Congratulations :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Lora, what a long hard road to get to this...... i'm so happy for you both! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!

Thanks Kim...........Now that you have filed my hope is that your journey is so much quicker.....but it is kind of like childbirth....You forget the pain....and only focus on the this new life Oscar and I have.........It is hard for him though.......No work......No children in the home before......I still have 2 here....but he is making friends in the neighborhood.....and we hope soon to have his papers for work......His english is improving.....He now is starting to think in english all the time.......He even had a dream in english.....I speak no spanish to him.....so he hears fast english only......and he is getting better everyday......and he is a great cook.....How lucky I am......I love Peruvian food so I will have to be careful not to eat too much of it......Well good luck too everyone......It is true the whole journey is very very very much worth the wait and pain.........Lora

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Lora, what a long hard road to get to this...... i'm so happy for you both! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!

Thanks Kim...........Now that you have filed my hope is that your journey is so much quicker.....but it is kind of like childbirth....You forget the pain....and only focus on the this new life Oscar and I have.........It is hard for him though.......No work......No children in the home before......I still have 2 here....but he is making friends in the neighborhood.....and we hope soon to have his papers for work......His english is improving.....He now is starting to think in english all the time.......He even had a dream in english.....I speak no spanish to him.....so he hears fast english only......and he is getting better everyday......and he is a great cook.....How lucky I am......I love Peruvian food so I will have to be careful not to eat too much of it......Well good luck too everyone......It is true the whole journey is very very very much worth the wait and pain.........Lora

Thanks for posting Lora, its hard to imagine being in your place and Im sure it was for you at one time. Im so pleased you are happy.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi All.......well we did it .....Married May 2, 2008 at 200 in the afternoon.......We are filing the next part on Monday........Will have pictures soon....Very small very low key affair.......but it was perfect ........

Way to go Lora and Oscar!!! Congratulations :)

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING , LORA (F)

K-1 Visa journey:

January '04: met in the USA

21st June '07: sent the I-129

06th November '07 - APPROVED, FINALLY !!!

19th December '07:Medical

20th December '07: Interview Date

21st December '07: VISA IN HAND

18th January '08: Leaving to US !

12th February '08: received SSN

14th March '08: WEDDING DATE

AOS journey:

04th April '08: AOS package sent

11th April '08: Notice date on all 3 NOA's (15 April in the mail)

07th May '08: Biometrics (done)

02nd May '08: Driver's license received

09th May '08: AOS transferred to CSC

15th May '08: AOS is pending at CSC (CRIS email)

18th May '08: AOS touched

04th/09th June '08: EAD Card production ordered (CRIS email) (2 e-mails on different days)

04th June '08: AP approved (CRIS email)

10th June '08: AP in the mail

12th June '08: Approval notice for I765 sent (EAD) (CRIS email)

14th June '08: EAD in the mail

17th June '08: 2nd visit to SS Office - changed my last name on the card

18th/19th June '08: AOS touched

28th June '08: SS card received with a new last name (in the mail)

14th August '08: GC ORDERED (Cris email) !!!

19th August '08: GC and welcoming letter received

Timeline

Thanks for posting Lora, its hard to imagine being in your place and Im sure it was for you at one time. Im so pleased you are happy.

Yes it was very very very hard.......almost 11 months of hard....but it is true that ....this too will pass and life does move on....Hoping the best for you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks Lora. It feels so good to have filed! No offense but I hope we go much quicker too! ;)

I'm so glad you are happy! May you have a wonderful journey together! :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes it was very very very hard.......almost 11 months of hard....but it is true that ....this too will pass and life does move on....Hoping the best for you

Congratulations to you both!!! Darren has been here 3 months and , weirdly, it is hard to tap into what it felt like waiting. It seems so long ago even though it wasn't.

Waiting for the work authorization has been hard cause he is anxious to start work. It has been 3 weeks and not even a receipt. Here we go again.... At least he is here while he waits though!!!!

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

Congratulations Lora!

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Congratulations Lora, i am sure you and Oscar can take a deep breath now. It was a hell of a journey so far, did you already send of the AOS papers? I will send mine to Chicago on Mai 27th.

Mirla, what about you have you send yours out yet?

Sylvie

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

• 2 weeks later...

Wow folks! Whats going on here?? Where did everybody go to, no more posts no more vents about VSC, no more jokes? I miss you guys, what happened to this graet family on here? :crying::crying:

Sylvie

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Timeline
Wow folks! Whats going on here?? Where did everybody go to, no more posts no more vents about VSC, no more jokes? I miss you guys, what happened to this graet family on here? :crying::crying:

Sylvie

Still here......Missing everyone.......We are filing AOS on June 3..........Fighting with the lawyer to get my money back still.....Oscar is settling in well but it is interesting how different our lives are now.......Kisses guys...Lora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sylvie

Yeah I guess we will need a new thread on what a pain the AOS process is, hehe. Good luck to everyone on that! And good luck to those still waiting for the k1 :) Ana is due here Saturday, wohoo :dance:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.