coloradogirl

NSC working on I-751 petitions dated 1/27/07??

27 posts in this topic

Well my wait is even worse than yours. My application was received on 07.06.06. I had biometrics done a year later!! and now nothing. Infopass appt was useless as the guy told me that I need to wait.

I sent a letter to my congresswoman and to OMBUDSMAN. I have not hear anything yet.

I alreayd applied to N400. Hopefully that will expedite things. See my timeline in my signature. My service center was NEBRASKA

hi waiting4gc,

I have same case i sent my 751 jan - 6 - 2006 to NCS i got biometrics appt 1 years later last touch 4-16-2007 and noting heard that since last touch .

what should i do ? do i need apply for N400 ?

my e-mail unalgenis@hotmail.com

thanks

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I called them on Wednesday. They told me to wait 30 days after my NOA date became current. What a load of #######.

You can write a letter to your Congressperson and the USCIS ombudsman regarding the time it is taking them to process cases. It probably won't do any good, but if enough people do it, it may result in them putting more resources toward some things.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Well my wait is even worse than yours. My application was received on 07.06.06. I had biometrics done a year later!! and now nothing. Infopass appt was useless as the guy told me that I need to wait.

I sent a letter to my congresswoman and to OMBUDSMAN. I have not hear anything yet.

I alreayd applied to N400. Hopefully that will expedite things. See my timeline in my signature. My service center was NEBRASKA

hi waiting4gc,

I have same case i sent my 751 jan - 6 - 2006 to NCS i got biometrics appt 1 years later last touch 4-16-2007 and noting heard that since last touch .

thanks

Well,I am no expert on this but I applied for the N400 since it has already been more than 3 years since I got approved as a PR. You can apply for it 3 moths prior to the expiration of your temporary GC. I have not heard anything from the congresswoman or ombudsman but it is also holiday season so it may take a while. I am just hoping that my N400 will force the adjudication of the I751

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
I called them on Wednesday. They told me to wait 30 days after my NOA date became current. What a load of #######.

You can write a letter to your Congressperson and the USCIS ombudsman regarding the time it is taking them to process cases. It probably won't do any good, but if enough people do it, it may result in them putting more resources toward some things.

That's what I will do. But I believe I have to wait until my case is 30 days outside the processing date. I'm confused about when that is; my NOA is Jan. 18 so do I have to wait until Feb. 18, or later, is the current processing date? Or is it 30 days after my NOA date became current, which was on Nov. 14 when they published the latest processing dates (which now is Jan. 27) :unsure:

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

I believe I have to wait until my case is 30 days outside the processing date. I'm confused about when that is; my NOA is Jan. 18 so do I have to wait until Feb. 18, or later, is the current processing date? Or is it 30 days after my NOA date became current, which was on Nov. 14 when they published the latest processing dates (which now is Jan. 27) :unsure:

I think it is the latter: When they published the latest processing date 1/27/07, your application before 1/27/07 was still unanswered (GC or RFE) and therefore outside the processing date. If you still haven't received anything 30 days after the publishing of the latest processing date, your spouse can contact e.g. your US representative (you can always contact them earlier, but they might just ask you to wait a bit longer). On the other hand, do you think it is worth to invest your time and thought into this when you can travel and work anyway? I plan to just get a I-551 stamp at my local office if my NOA expires, before I get a RFE or GC, and wait another year, before I seek outside help.

Haelsning,

Peter

holy cow!! here i am thinking this is only happening to me!! sadly i feel better knowing i am not alone!! sorry guys!

am i reading this right??? some of you guys applied for citizenship without the approval of the removal of conditions?? that means i, too, can apply for citizenship now???? (well...if i had the money...)!

and for those who travelled outside the U.S., did they stamp your passport (like exit u.s., enter u.s)???

many thanks for your answers...

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
I think it is the latter: When they published the latest processing date 1/27/07, your application before 1/27/07 was still unanswered (GC or RFE) and therefore outside the processing date. If you still haven't received anything 30 days after the publishing of the latest processing date, your spouse can contact e.g. your US representative (you can always contact them earlier, but they might just ask you to wait a bit longer). On the other hand, do you think it is worth to invest your time and thought into this when you can travel and work anyway? I plan to just get a I-551 stamp at my local office if my NOA expires, before I get a RFE or GC, and wait another year, before I seek outside help.

Haelsning,

Peter

I will definitely contact my congressman. I think all of us in this situation should contact our representatives. What worries me is if I need to apply for a new job. With an expired green card and a paper (or stamp) that says you can only work for a year beyond its expiration date, how attractive are you? I know it’s enough to show SS card and driver’s license, but with the competition on the job market I’m afraid I wouldn’t have much of a chance if they have several qualified candidates to choose from.

I hope you are right about the 30 days. I guess I have to call them and ask.

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

hi waiting4gc,

thanks

Well,I am no expert on this but I applied for the N400 since it has already been more than 3 years since I got approved as a PR. You can apply for it 3 moths prior to the expiration of your temporary GC. I have not heard anything from the congresswoman or ombudsman but it is also holiday season so it may take a while. I am just hoping that my N400 will force the adjudication of the I751

hi waiting4gc

can you update me the N400 .

why our application to late my be this one : USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed. In July and August, nearly 2.5 million applications and petitions of all types were received. This compares to 1.2 million applications and petitions received in the same time period last year. This fiscal year, we received 1.4 million applications for naturalization; nearly double the volume we received the year before. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain application types may be longer. In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Haelsning,

Peter

I will definitely contact my congressman. I think all of us in this situation should contact our representatives. What worries me is if I need to apply for a new job. With an expired green card and a paper (or stamp) that says you can only work for a year beyond its expiration date, how attractive are you? I know it’s enough to show SS card and driver’s license, but with the competition on the job market I’m afraid I wouldn’t have much of a chance if they have several qualified candidates to choose from.

I hope you are right about the 30 days. I guess I have to call them and ask.

Why should it matter... you don't have to tell them anything about your PR status and they can't ask anything more.. they only need to know that you have it. Documentary proof of your ability to work is satisfied on an I-9 through a unrestricted Social Security card and a Picture ID. If you don'thave these things, I suggest that you take the time to get them.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gosh, hadn't realized so many of us were waiting so long!! I haven't looked at the N400 stuff yet, but I imagine my husband is now eligible to file for it. He's been here since June 2004 (married since August 2003). I called the 1-800 on Thursday, and my god!! after all the push this to get here and push that to go there, blah and blah, I just hung up in frustration!! Never did get to a human, I swear they do all they can to avoid having to talk to anyone of us! The fee is a bit steep right now at this time of year but may as well get it done. As slow as things are, his stamp in his passport could expire before the I-751 ever gets approved! :whistle:

I-751 timeline:

Dec. 27, 2006 mailed I-751 packet

Jan. 4, 2007 date on NOA

Jan. 30, 2007 Biometrics

Feb. 1, 2007 last time our file was touched....

April 1, 2008, file touched and transferred to CSC

April 2, 2008, file touched again....

April 14, 2008 NOA about transfer

May 12, 2008 email stating 10 yr card ordered

May 19, 2008 10 yr card received

N-400 timeline:

May 7, 2008 mailed in N-400 packet

May 9, 2008 USCIS receives and signs for (by F. Heinauer) N-400 packet

May 19, 2008 NOA of receipt of N-400 and NOA for biometrics

May 30, 2008 biometrics

Aug. 5, 2008 Naturalization interview

Sept. 23, 2008 Oath ceremony, new US Citizen!! (have dual citizenship)

hi waiting4gc,

thanks

hi waiting4gc

can you update me the N400 .

why our application to late my be this one : USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed. In July and August, nearly 2.5 million applications and petitions of all types were received. This compares to 1.2 million applications and petitions received in the same time period last year. This fiscal year, we received 1.4 million applications for naturalization; nearly double the volume we received the year before. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain application types may be longer. In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process

The N400 seems to be moving along. I received my first NOA on Dec 3rd and it said that I should expect to hear from them within 180 days for an interview date. I also just got my Firgerprint Appt, which is for Dec 31st. Nice way to say bye to an awful 2007 for stuff related to USCIS.

I sent letters to Ombudsman and Congresswoman office and I only heard back from Ombudsman. In the letter the office said that they have initiated an inquiry on my case and that I should receive an answer about my I-751 case between 45 days (any kind of answer about status or delay, etc). If I don't hear anything in that period of time to contact them again. I am not sure if this will help or not but at least I am getting some letter saying that they are looking into it.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
Question:

Has anyone traveled outside the country while their petition to Remove Conditions was still processing but after the 2-year card expired? We're planning a vacation for 2 months after the 2-year card we have expires and by the looks of things there is no way we'll have the new one by then. I know our NOA letter states residency has been extended for 1-year and that includes working and traveling. But I'd feel better hearing about some other's experiences before booking our trip. I'd hate to find that I'm not allowed back in!!!

Much appreciated..........

If you take a look through this forum, you will see that many people have traveled successfully with their expired GC, their extension letter, and some have gotten the added insurance of going to their District Office and getting the I-551 stamp in their passport. I am one of those success stories. :)

What if you may have to re-enter beyond the extension date expiration? Has anyone done that? My concern is missing a possible interview.... or does it look like interviews are not happening at all these days?

Thanks!

K1 Visa : Singapore (yeng) /Oregon (charlie)

Nov 12, '03: NOA 1 online

Mar 29, '04: RFE mailed out (139 days)

Apr 01, '04: RFE received in the mail (sent in wrong birth cert!)

Apr 09, '04: Mailed back RFE (Go USPS!!!)

Apr 15, '04: RFE received by USCIS (online)

Apr 28, '04: NOA2!!!! (Charlie received hard copy, online status still not changed) (168 days)

May 10, '04: Letter received from NVC

May 21, '04: Packet received in Singapore from SG Embassy. (191 from NOA1. online status still at reciept of RFE!)

Jun 18, '04: mailed off DS-230 (singapore procedure)

Jun 23, '04: received interview date letter from embassy

Jul 09, '04: Interview - SUCCESS!!

Jul 14, '04: Pick up passport with K1 Visa

Aug 12, '04: Arrive at LAX and clear immigration with ease.

Sep 04, '04: WEDDING!!!!

AOS (Portland, OR)

Oct 28, '04: mailed off AOS, EAD & AP to Portland by Priority Mail

Nov 20, '04: received AP and EAD appt letter for Dec 9.

Dec 09, '04: received EAD at appt (but the fingerprinting done was NOT the biometrics!)

Jan 11, '05: initial AOS interview date but we need to reschedule.

Dec 20, '04: (circa) received letter requesting the $70 for fingerprinting to be done)

Jan 6. '05: received appointment date for fingerprinting on Jan 25. (found out only on the 25th that they WERE going to interview us on the 26th but they didn't send letter out because the officer was going to be away)

Mar 16, '05: AOS interview - FINALLY!

Apr 27, '05: Received temp card (I-551)

May still receiving welcome NOAs (5 so far)

"...testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing" ... the Apostle, James

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.