48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Yule (or the winter solstice) is on the 21st of December so it is a few days before the traditional Christian/Julian calendars placement of Christmas on the 25th.

And I don't think the date of Christmas really has anything to do with the solstice. There was a very early tradition that the prophets died on the same day of the year as the day they were conceived. We don't know Jesus' birthday, because nobody noted birthdays at the time, only death days. When people later sought to determine Jesus' birthdate for establishing the feast day, the tradition would come into play: Jesus died about March 25. If that was also his conception date (according to the tradition), then nine months gives you December 25.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That is a bunch of PC #######. Let's see... Santa has been saying his "Ho, ho, ho." how long? And how long has this slang term been around?

There has also been a lot going around that Santa is a poor example: He's fat, smokes a pipe, owns a sweat shop, etc.

Get real people. There is whole lot of far more important things out there.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We have a bunch of O'Reillyphiles here.

No, just people who don't define their positions as a function of what O'Reilly says.

The Outrage Brigade...because being 'outraged' is so vogue.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Happy Holidays! :goofy:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Yule (or the winter solstice) is on the 21st of December so it is a few days before the traditional Christian/Julian calendars placement of Christmas on the 25th.

Jul is what the holiday is still called in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. We Swedes celebrate on the 24th of December, Julafton. (Yule eve)

We've more or less stopped with the midvinterblot (mid winter sacrifices) though... ;)

and i want to be the first here..to wish my bff and wonderful sister fracas ..a happy holiday

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

and i want to be the first here..to wish my bff and wonderful sister fracas ..a happy holiday

why thankeeee Bro Deanster, you are indeed the first! :luv: Happy holidays to you and the lovely sister Sanita!

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

why thankeeee Bro Deanster, you are indeed the first! :luv: Happy holidays to you and the lovely sister Sanita!

:blush: thanks sis

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

HA HA HA MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

What does O'Reilly have to do with this thread? :unsure:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What does O'Reilly have to do with this thread? :unsure:

O'Reilly led the crusade a couple of years ago against those who were 'attacking' Christmas, in spite of the reality that Christmas, the religious holiday has been commercialized long before Target and Walmart decided to switch from 'Merry Christmas' to 'Happy Holidays'.

Steve posted within this thread an actual interview with the person who the OP claimed to have told Santa's not to say, 'ho-ho-ho'. It didn't happen but people ignored that inconvenient fact and continued being outraged over 'another' example of PC going to extremes.

Anecdotal nonsense...which ironically is what O'Reilly thrives on.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

More 'War on Santa':

'Healthy' Santa spurns fat suit

A health-conscious Santa is refusing to wear a pillow under his suit as he believes it promotes child obesity.

Bill Winton, 80, said children traditionally viewed Father Christmas as a chubby role model and grow up thinking it is fine to be overweight.

The former pipe coater said he was spurred into action after noticing children sitting on his knee had become heavier over the years.

The 12-stone Santa is at Westside Plaza Shopping Centre in Edinburgh.

Speaking to BBC Scotland news website, Mr Winton, from Wester Hailes, said he maintains a healthy diet and does not drink cola.

He said: "It makes me wonder why parents allow their children to get into that state and makes me slightly annoyed about it.

"The parents and kids have been asking why I'm so thin and I say 'Santa's been on a diet' and everyone is in agreement that it is a good idea.

"I have always eaten healthily and have run a healthy eating course in the past. I gave up cola years ago when I saw what it did to a penny.

"I hope other Santas across the country follow suit so that parents start taking responsibility for their children's diets."

Alex Limond, Westside Plaza Shopping Centre, said: "We back Santa in the campaign to fight obesity in children, which is in the news and everyone's minds.

"It is time for a change and as Santa is a role model for children, then his body shape is where it should start."

Source

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones