DariusCole

AOS Approval Without Interview?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yesterday I received an I-797 Notice Of Action, which starts with "Welcome To The United States Of America".

It goes on to state that the application to adjust permanent status has been approved. Further down it states that they will soon mail out a new Permanent Resident Card which we should recieve in 3 weeks.

However, we never went through an interview, just the biometrics. I did a search and haven't seen any new threads on this subject for almost two years (perhaps I didn't look hard enough?) Do we really not have to go through the interview now?

It's not a fluke, because I recieved the same letter for my wifes son (K-2). We filed around the last week of July, before the rate increase took place - could the flood of applicants have anything to do with that? Very odd - of course, I am not complaining in the least!

Anyone else have any experiences like this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Yesterday I received an I-797 Notice Of Action, which starts with "Welcome To The United States Of America".

It goes on to state that the application to adjust permanent status has been approved. Further down it states that they will soon mail out a new Permanent Resident Card which we should recieve in 3 weeks.

However, we never went through an interview, just the biometrics. I did a search and haven't seen any new threads on this subject for almost two years (perhaps I didn't look hard enough?) Do we really not have to go through the interview now?

It's not a fluke, because I recieved the same letter for my wifes son (K-2). We filed around the last week of July, before the rate increase took place - could the flood of applicants have anything to do with that? Very odd - of course, I am not complaining in the least!

It is true, you can be approved with out an interview.

Congrats!!!!!

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

It's not a fluke - happens often - ours (and now you too) is just one of many examples.. :thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Celebrate! Yep, people can get approved without an interview. My husband did.

Most people who are approved without an interview have their cases transfered to the California Service Center. They get a letter stating this (usually!) before the actual approval. If you search in VJ for "CSC Transfer" You will find lots of other people who were approved without an interview.

Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Celebrate! Yep, people can get approved without an interview. My husband did.

Most people who are approved without an interview have their cases transfered to the California Service Center. They get a letter stating this (usually!) before the actual approval. If you search in VJ for "CSC Transfer" You will find lots of other people who were approved without an interview.

Congratulations!

Yes, we did get the letter stating that our case was transferred to the California Service Center a while back. . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations on the fast approval!!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Congrats :thumbs: Many have reported receiving the green card without an interview, Claudeth included. We are about to file the I-751 so hope to have the same luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Congratulations on your approval!

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

:praying: get transfered to the CSC, get transfered to CSC

congrats on your approval!!! B)

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds too good to be true ? LOL - but believe, it is true and yeah, you didn't look hard enough. :whistle::whistle: LOL

0.14..MY%20TIMELINE.png

06/05/01 - Entered the U.S. on a B2 Visa with parents (17 years old at the time)

01/05/07 - Got married

04/04/07 - AOS package mailed :)

04/08/07 - On Easter Sunday - Package received DAY 1

04/17/07 - NOA1 Received. (Dated 04/13/2007) DAY 10

04/18/07 - Touched DAY 11

04/19/07 - Touched AGAIN DAY 12

04/20/07 - Biometrics appt notice received (05-02-07) DAY 13

04/27/07 - I-130 Touched DAY 20

05/02/07 - Biometrics (Took us 8 minutes - no kidding) DAY 25

05/03/07 - I-485 Touched DAY 26

05/17/07 - Interview letter arrived (07-17-07) DAY 41

07/17/07 - Interview - Everything went well but received an RFE DAY 102

08/28/07 - RFE sent - Took a long time to get what they needed DAY 144

08/29/07 - RFE received - DAY 145

10/04/07 - Email: Notice welcoming new resident mailed - DAY 180

10/05/07 - Touched - DAY 181

10/09/07 - Welcome Notice received. - DAY 185

10/10/07 - Card production ordered. - DAY 186

10/17/07 - Green card received !!!!!!!! - Day 193

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.