pedroh

Anti-immigration hysteria holds 17M Latino voters hostage

254 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
This article is suggesting Hispanic equals pro-illegal immigration. That would be insulting to many of the law-abiding Hispanic Americans.

it suggests that many hispanics are tired of listening to the same ####### everyday.. some of these law abiding citizens probably once were illegals.. I know a few who became citizens with the amnesty.. and, just because they are citizens now, they won't think any different

So you're saying that even once illegals, who later become citizens, will always side with the law-breakers against law-abiding Americans just because they look like them? :wacko: I don't see how they will get very far with this mentality in the long run. America's NOT going for it.

they don't side, but they feel simpathy for them, they pity the illegals, they understand them, rather than 'i don't give a damn about them'.. hell, even latinos who are against amnesties feel bad for them, you can't stop feeling related to people from your own country just because you're a USC..

and.. 'America's not going for it'.. remember those USC latinos ARE America too..

Oh excuse me, I just seem to remember a great deal of foreign flag waving in their parade :) and if they are Americans maybe they should start acting like it and join the rest of us for a secure border and enforcement of our immigration laws.

drinkblink14.gif

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and now for the play for sympathy.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
This article is suggesting Hispanic equals pro-illegal immigration. That would be insulting to many of the law-abiding Hispanic Americans.

it suggests that many hispanics are tired of listening to the same ####### everyday.. some of these law abiding citizens probably once were illegals.. I know a few who became citizens with the amnesty.. and, just because they are citizens now, they won't think any different

So you're saying that even once illegals, who later become citizens, will always side with the law-breakers against law-abiding Americans just because they look like them? :wacko: I don't see how they will get very far with this mentality in the long run. America's NOT going for it.

they don't side, but they feel simpathy for them, they pity the illegals, they understand them, rather than 'i don't give a damn about them'.. hell, even latinos who are against amnesties feel bad for them, you can't stop feeling related to people from your own country just because you're a USC..

and.. 'America's not going for it'.. remember those USC latinos ARE America too..

Oh excuse me, I just seem to remember a great deal of foreign flag waving in their parade :) and if they are Americans maybe they should start acting like it and join the rest of us for a secure border and enforcement of our immigration laws.

well, they are Americans, they have the right to think whatever they want.. they don't have to agree with everything 'the rest of us' is saying.. and that doesn't make them less American.. and about the foreign flags, I've seen people flying a lot of flags, Irish, British, German flags, that makes them less American too?

'joining the rest of us' is just being sheep, rather than thinking what they think is right or fair.. again, they are many latinos against amnesties.. I don't want any more amnesties, but I won't turn my back on my people either

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline
well, they are Americans, they have the right to think whatever they want.. they don't have to agree with everything 'the rest of us' is saying.. and that doesn't make them less American.. and about the foreign flags, I've seen people flying a lot of flags, Irish, British, German flags, that makes them less American too?

'joining the rest of us' is just being sheep, rather than thinking what they think is right or fair.. again, they are many latinos against amnesties.. I don't want any more amnesties, but I won't turn my back on my people either

maybe that's part of the problem, pedroh.

and i don't recall seeing any irish, british, germans, or any other flags flying amongst illegals demanding their rights.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

What American doesn't want a secure border? That's just depraved. One can have compassion but still want our country secure and laws enforced. If people want anarchy then maybe they should stay in their anarchic homelands.

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

they don't side, but they feel simpathy for them, they pity the illegals, they understand them, rather than 'i don't give a damn about them'.. hell, even latinos who are against amnesties feel bad for them, you can't stop feeling related to people from your own country just because you're a USC.. not everybody buys that bs of doing what's right 'FOR SOVEREIGNITY' and for 'THE RESPECT OF THE LAW'.. family, friends, and personal interests are first for many other people

so following this logic - illegal immigrants that are not Latino would not be pitied?! No sympathy for the illegal Arabic, the illegal Korean? What would happen if the majority of illegal immigration would come from - let's make a random pick and say - Nigeria. Would they still side with a Nigerian pro-illegal immigration movement - since they've "all" been there and done that?

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeah there's this industrial area near where I live, drive through it and there are little Italian flags everywhere.

Strangely you don't see aggrieved, hirsute veterans scaling the flag-poles with rambo knives between their teeth ;)

I saw a parked car the other day with the flag of the Phillipines hanging from the interior mirror - US flag nowhere in sight. None of it really bothers me - being offended by the choice of flag a person chooses to display at their home, car or place of business really is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Incidentally there's a US flag hanging outside our house - not ours, belongs to our landlord (Serbian immigrant with a USC wife). Thing has been through a few winters - faded and ripped to tatters in the wind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
i cannot think of a single person against illegal immigration on vj that has stated it's a race issue

Racists seldom admit it.

so if you don't admit it, can we assume you are a racist then? :whistle:

Karl Rove school of blame. We must all be racist then because we don't admit it. What sort of foolishness is that?

For my part you will never hear me say on VJ or anywhere else that it is a race issue. It is a law issue. It is an enforcement issue. If you read any of my posts on this subject you know that I am a huge supporter of the concept that a good American will support, defend and obey our laws. It has nothing to do with race beyond the fact that geography has made it inevitable that Hispanics (mostly Mexican nationals I assume) or Canadians would contribute the highest percentage of illegal immigrants to our country. An Australian illegal is as illegal as a Mexican illegal. I hold no prejudice against an illegal immigrant based on race or country of origin.

One thing I have not seen in the news is the huge population of illegal immigrants from Lichenstein rising up and demanding their rights as illegal immigrants. Our perceptions are based largely on the squeakiest wheel and that title rests firmly on the shoulders of the Hispanic population and activists. If you want it to be otherwise I would suggest that either you get the media to tone down their coverage of Hispanic protests or get the Hispanics to decrease their protests themselves. Out of site, out of mind.

When worldwide news covers the story of border problems with Mexico or illegals being issued drivers licenses in NY and the focus is on the latino/hispanic community then do not be surprised when the general concensus is that it is a hispanic problem. There are a lot of lambs out there who will believe whatever they are told without question. I am not one of them. The problem is multi-national and it is out of control.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Yeah there's this industrial area near where I live, drive through it and there are little Italian flags everywhere.

same in my home town..has a italian festa every year..the town and city hall flies the flag of italy....so what is the problem that it is a mexican flag...i got a Chechen one..and i fly it whne i want to,, and F##k everyone if that is a problem............it is theirs not mine

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

they don't side, but they feel simpathy for them, they pity the illegals, they understand them, rather than 'i don't give a damn about them'.. hell, even latinos who are against amnesties feel bad for them, you can't stop feeling related to people from your own country just because you're a USC.. not everybody buys that bs of doing what's right 'FOR SOVEREIGNITY' and for 'THE RESPECT OF THE LAW'.. family, friends, and personal interests are first for many other people

so following this logic - illegal immigrants that are not Latino would not be pitied?! No sympathy for the illegal Arabic, the illegal Korean? What would happen if the majority of illegal immigration would come from - let's make a random pick and say - Nigeria. Would they still side with a Nigerian pro-illegal immigration movement - since they've "all" been there and done that?

I can't talk for other nationalities, I can only speak for mine..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

same in my home town..has a italian festa every year..the town and city hall flies the flag of italy....so what is the problem that it is a mexican flag...i got a Chechen one..and i fly it whne i want to,, and F##k everyone if that is a problem............it is theirs not mine

Is this about the guy who cut down the Mexican flag? I thought he did that because the store owner decided to fly the Mexican flag above the US flag. The guy was a vigilante. That should have been an issue for the police rather than "handling it" himself. He looked like an azz! Heck, I fly a Colorado flag in Florida and no one has ever questioned me about it. My Seahawks flag I have to keep hidden in the garage though. :whistle:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline

What American doesn't want a secure border? That's just depraved. One can have compassion but still want our country secure and laws enforced. If people want anarchy then maybe they should stay in their anarchic homelands.

well, this is their homeland now, so, I guess you can't send them back.. and.. I agree you can have compassion and have laws enforced, but I've seen many arguments here about how compassion is an excuse.. I know members here would rat out a relative or someone they know if they were illegal.. where's the compassion? I think for many immigrants, family, or countrymen come first than 'the enforcement of laws' and 'sovereignity'

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

well, this is their homeland now, so, I guess you can't send them back.. and.. I agree you can have compassion and have laws enforced, but I've seen many arguments here about how compassion is an excuse.. I know members here would rat out a relative or someone they know if they were illegal.. where's the compassion? I think for many immigrants, family, or countrymen come first than 'the enforcement of laws' and 'sovereignity'

Compassion has become a nasty word here on VJ.

Timeline

a better question would be "where is the desire to follow the law?" let's not cloud the issue with emotional appeals pedroh.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *