Oklahoma targets illegal immigrants with tough new law

304 posts in this topic

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You may accept the loss of personal freedoms for 'the greater good' but most people aren't that keen on th idea...I wonder why?

IMO & the state of Oklahomas. showing ID doesn't quite count as a loss of personal freedoms.

What does, in "your opinion"?

extreme lefters pathetic attempt to emposse their beliefs upon me.

Assuming that the phrase "extreme lefter" is directed at me (or not - it really doesn't matter), how exactly are people here trying to "impose" their beliefs on you?

Is a forum discussion really that threatening to you?

yes, it was directed at you....by constantly telling me & other who don't agree w/ you, that we are wrong & that "right minded" & "correct thinking" people feel "this" way....and no, i don't feel threatened by you.

Glad to see that you're applying political labels to me based on my actual positions on a range of issues and not mere personal dislike ;)

And I didn't say "threatened by me" I said "threatened by a forum discussion". And clearly you are - if you think that people are trying to "impose beliefs" on you. I haven't done any such thing - I merely stated my opinion, which you responded to with abject ridicule. I suggest you go back and read my post again (you won't of course).

YADA YADA YADA

POINT IS Illegals and their advocates are launching all-out assault on USA for enforcing it's laws. It has nothing to do with human rights or freedoms, or racial profiling, You break the law you pay the price.

If the Illegals don't like to hide in the shjadows and don't like to live in fear then they should self deport & Get The F*@K OUT.

Way to miss the point... I get your stance on illegal immigrants BTW - no need to capitalise everything ;)

I don't think anyone here has advocated illegal immigration - merely that bringing draconian laws that have a general tendency to encourage profiling and instituational racism will invariably end up targeting a certain subset of the population in a negative way (i.e. USCs of a certain ethnic background). Thats partly my opinion, but again there is historical precedent for thinking this, based on similar laws that have been enacted elsewhere.

You might think that's a price worth paying, but then again unless you're the one negatively impacted by it - you won't be paying that price will you?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Mike,

Can you please argue your points without making it personal?

ok sorry everyone...but, i'm not the only one w/ a personal tone in here.

Not to be childish - but keeping within the tone of discussion thus far - you did start it ;)

*sticks tongue out at #6*

Shame you couldn't have done that in your first reply, rather than pretend that you actually had a point to make ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I for one would be extremely pi$$ed if I got pulled for something as simple as not wearing my seat belt and was asked my immigration status.

Let's see...you're not pissed off if they ask for your license for driving without a belt, but the sky is falling on your head if you are asked your residency status on the same traffic stop. You better not travel in the USA near the border because that is exactly what happens at interior US Border Patrol checkpoints well past the border in Texas.

As for me...I'm more pissed off that there are 20 million illegal aliens in my country with more arriving every day and nobody has the nuts to do anything about it. Nothing but "poor me" I live in a police state stories.

Considering that I'm blond with blue eyes even if I did live on the border, I doubt I'd get asked anyway. My brother on the other hand, who looks just as Mexican as Javier, probably would. And yeah, he'd get pissed. If he were breaking the law and not wearing his seat belt, I doubt he'd get very upset if they asked for his DL. He's not breaking any laws by being in the US since he's a USC, therefore, he'd be pretty upset if asked his immigration status.

personally, i don't give a chit if they stop and ask me. i've got about 6 id's i can show them. so why are you and yours so wrapped up around the axle about it? is your time that valuable?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Way to miss the point... I get your stance on illegal immigrants BTW - no need to capitalise everything ;)

I don't think anyone here has advocated illegal immigration - merely that bringing draconian laws that have a general tendency to encourage profiling and instituational racism will invariably end up targeting a certain subset of the population in a negative way (i.e. USCs of a certain ethnic background). Thats partly my opinion, but again there is historical precedent for thinking this, based on similar laws that have been enacted elsewhere.

You might think that's a price worth paying, but then again unless you're the one negatively impacted by it - you won't be paying that price will you?

I am all for enforcing immigration laws with all the illegals Swedes, Asians, Scottish, & Irish As if.. :lol:

Profiling is neccesary it is used in every aspect of law enforcement. Drug enforcement, homicides, Gang activity task force, & Illegal Immigrant raids. If the shoe fits!

Laws? They don't need no stinkin' laws. They do what they want. Laws don't apply to them. Anyone surprised there either?

That's the mentality of these people. These Sharptonites are a pitifull bunch

Edited by Addie_Goodvibes

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Timeline

OK Number 6 you brought it on Lets talk about Negativly Impacted by:

EVERY Day LEGAL USA CITIZENS are Negativly Impacted by Illegal Immigrants

USA Middle class is Negativly Impacted by Illegal ALiens

Americas Social Services are Negativly Impacted by Illegals Criminals

Legal Liscensed USA Drivers are Negativly Impacted paying higher insurance because Illegal Aliens who defy the law and drive illegally everyday.

Legal Citizens /residents are Negativly Impacted by The Higher cost of Health care due to Illegal Aliens draing the respurces of Health care facilities.

Legal Tax paying Citizens & residents are Negativly Impacted by illegal Aliens Working illegally Not paying taxes yet putting the burden of supporting their ilegal criminal asses on the USA TAX PAYERS in tune of 10+ Billion / year.

So I could care less about the minor inconveneince of you having to occasionally be asked about your citizenship status. WHA F*@KING WHA!

Edited by Addie_Goodvibes

gewelcome-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

I for one would be extremely pi$$ed if I got pulled for something as simple as not wearing my seat belt and was asked my immigration status.

Let's see...you're not pissed off if they ask for your license for driving without a belt, but the sky is falling on your head if you are asked your residency status on the same traffic stop. You better not travel in the USA near the border because that is exactly what happens at interior US Border Patrol checkpoints well past the border in Texas.

As for me...I'm more pissed off that there are 20 million illegal aliens in my country with more arriving every day and nobody has the nuts to do anything about it. Nothing but "poor me" I live in a police state stories.

Considering that I'm blond with blue eyes even if I did live on the border, I doubt I'd get asked anyway. My brother on the other hand, who looks just as Mexican as Javier, probably would. And yeah, he'd get pissed. If he were breaking the law and not wearing his seat belt, I doubt he'd get very upset if they asked for his DL. He's not breaking any laws by being in the US since he's a USC, therefore, he'd be pretty upset if asked his immigration status.

personally, i don't give a chit if they stop and ask me. i've got about 6 id's i can show them. so why are you and yours so wrapped up around the axle about it? is your time that valuable?

Would you feel that way if they asked you whether you had a gun? Serious question. I mean, you're supposed to be able to refuse questioning legally.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

They also sometimes ask if you have any outstanding warrants, weapons, or narcotics. Does that piss you off too. Would that be classified as a traumatic event necessitating psychiatric treatment and longterm counciling.

BTW...the US Border Patrol checkpoint asks everyone "are you a US citizen". I have brown hair and blue eyes and have been asked this question by them on several occasions. I wasn't in the least bit offended...in fact...I was quite proud to state that I was a US citizen. What is there to cry about?

Try telling them to "#### off" and see where it gets you. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline
Mike,

Can you please argue your points without making it personal?

ok sorry everyone...but, i'm not the only one w/ a personal tone in here.

Not to be childish - but keeping within the tone of discussion thus far - you did start it ;)

*sticks tongue out at #6*

Shame you couldn't have done that in your first reply, rather than pretend that you actually had a point to make ;)

now i'm biting my tongue...solely for steven & the others. but, you know what i'm thinking!

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Would you feel that way if they asked you whether you had a gun? Serious question. I mean, you're supposed to be able to refuse questioning legally.

The 5th Amendment

People forget their rights.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: Timeline

i'm pretty sure thats one of his IDs

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

OK Number 6 you brought it on Lets talk about Negativly Impacted by:

EVERY Day LEGAL USA CITIZENS are Negativly Impacted by Illegal Immigrants

USA Middle class is Negativly Impacted by Illegal ALiens

Americas Social Services are Negativly Impacted by Illegals Criminals

Legal Liscensed USA Drivers are Negativly Impacted paying higher insurance because Illegal Aliens who defy the law and drive illegally everyday.

Legal Citizens /residents are Negativly Impacted by The Higher cost of Health care due to Illegal Aliens draing the respurces of Health care facilities.

Legal Tax paying Citizens & residents are Negativly Impacted by illegal Aliens Working illegally Not paying taxes yet putting the burden of supporting their ilegal criminal asses on the USA TAX PAYERS in tune of 10+ Billion / year.

So I could care less about the minor inconveneince of you having to occasionally be asked about your citizenship status. WHA F*@KING WHA!

The 5th AmendmentPeople forget their rights

Exactly if you dont like to be asked your status then refuse & see what happens.

The minor inconveneince of having to prove or show your legal status is well worth the price of security, freedom & keeping illegals off our streets, the benefit outweighs the cost.

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The 5th Amendment

People forget their rights.

The police are under no obligation to tell you your rights or even tell you the truth, so they lie every day in the course of their job. The constitution does not differentiate rights of citizens and the rights of illegals - everyone here has the same rights. Any changes to law have the same impact on me as they do illegals.

Generally, you don't have to give the police ID, you don't need to answer their questions, you don't need to submit to a search, you do not need to let them in your house, and you don't need to prove your identity or immigration status. If they convince you to volunteer this information, it is your own fault.

Watch this - my wife was shocked that she had these rights in the US:

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

not at all. i'm a cch holder and i'm supposed to let the police know if i'm packing or not.

next question? :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

i'm pretty sure thats one of his IDs

:yes:

along with my dl, retired military id, contractor id, current passport, expired passport, and even a government issued courier card :whistle:

and yes, an expired passport is a form of id before anyone jumps on that wagon.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *