Seattle2Cebu

how to best use the 90 days prior to marriage k-1

296 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think most people can distinguish between merely expressing an opinion and bullying somebody else for expressing theirs.

the key word being 'most' Steven... :whistle:

how true....... :whistle:

Charles, you obviously know no boundaries & for that I pity you.

Not related to what is being discussed here but keep trying to stir the pot Charles.

an excellent example of that which i bolded. keep up the bullying good work. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronald Reagan said trust and verify

Yes, but he was talking about an enemy nation, not his wife Nancy. Context is important.

Awesome.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Timeline
We've gone round and round about this, but the bottom line is those who choose to use the 90 days for a trial basis are going to have to blow smoke up the governments a** and fool them into thinking otherwise. To each his own, but that's a fact. Illegal? No. Deceptive? Yes. If the CO picks up on it, no visa issued. Plain and simple. Basically, I could care less how somebody does it but let's keep the facts straight once and for all.

The facts are this - the petitioner and beneficiary must have met within the last two years; they must be free to marry; and they must have intent to marry.

It is up to petitioner and beneficiary to sufficiently demonstrate intent with the petition and at the interview. If such is not demonstrated, no visa will be issued.

What you or I define as 'intent' may not be the same as what someone else defines. It doesn't take 'smoke blowing' to show intent. UNLESS the relationship is being created or shammed (and possibly backed by payment to the petitioner) for the beneficiary to come live in the US fraudulently via a marriage that does not exist. THAT is the type of intent CO's are looking to quash.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

honestly this thread should be closed, as all its going to do is continue to go DOWN

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
you got her number... some people like to pick fights to get attention I think

I'm done :)

Me too. I've said everything I have to say, and I tried to present it in a clear and reasonable manner. However, you and LisaD insist on manipulating it to fit your little zingers and sound bites so that you can trade smug little comments between each other. If you were really willing to listen to and comprehend what I and others have said, rather than deliberately misunderstanding, you might still not agree with it, but at least your opinions would at least be a little more informed. I can respect honest disagreements, but I cannot respect deliberate miscomprehension.

The proof is in the pie...pumpkin that is :lol::shocked:

POST #9 HERE...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93368

Filed: Timeline

Me too. I've said everything I have to say, and I tried to present it in a clear and reasonable manner. However, you and LisaD insist on manipulating it to fit your little zingers and sound bites so that you can trade smug little comments between each other. If you were really willing to listen to and comprehend what I and others have said, rather than deliberately misunderstanding, you might still not agree with it, but at least your opinions would at least be a little more informed. I can respect honest disagreements, but I cannot respect deliberate miscomprehension.

POST #9 HERE...

:yes: Sure is.

Filed: Timeline

POST #9 HERE...

Hi it's called sarcasm :lol::thumbs:

Cos if you think this was even moderately my attempt at a flame war, you are SADLY mistaken. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by LisaD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Which is why I moved to my fiancée's country and lived her as a real family for one year. Made her feel far more comfortable too. Looking back, I don't see how so many get by with their couple of two or three week vacations (and they are just that, vacations. Hardly real life.) I personally know one guy that proposed after three days on his first visit. Pretty daring, if you ask me.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Come on guys. Please keep on topic or I will close. Also watch the personal attacks and jabs. Thank you.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.