Captain Oates

London interview - be VERY afraid!!!!!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hope my title isn't too dramatic haha !

ok so I arrive 10.10am for my 10.30 interview yesterday - much better system - they check your appointment letter against their list then you go straight through security as you arrive. Before, they used to line you up in the rain for an hour then let you go in as a herd.

There was a sign saying ONLY applicants are allowed in.

Got the numbered ticket and sat down - only 2 in the immigrant number sequence - after 10 mins i saw my number and went to the numbered station.

Gave him my big smile hi routine and he was a Brit and very relaxed and jolly but with a hard glint in the eye. He gave me the appointment letter back and looked at his screen - you appointment is not till November 8th he said. I felt that VJ sinking feeling. No it's today I said . He said 'How did you get in here' and he meant it. I pushed the appointment letter back at him. He said Well didn't anyone check you outside? I told him I was checked twice.

He said 'Well you dont have an appointment today '. We looked at each other and then he said - 'stay here' and he walked off.

I got that massive wave of depression that I got when we were denied at NVC for Domicile and when the petition was going UK-Nebraska-California-UK-London -Nebraska California. I thought of the train fares and the hotel and our Chicago flights and hire car and U-haul and the Apartment lease and I started to withdraw.

He came back eventually and picked up my medical results and gave me my xray and I started to believe. We did all the certificates and he said to sit down and wait for the interview. The interview was called and it was 10.50 - 20 minutes after i got there ! I started to cheer up and then saw it was a slim young woman of south east asian appearance who looked very zealous and professional - they always hate me as I am cocky and cavalier.

She produced the NVC file which had an orange sticker on it which said 'domicile' She started asking me domicile type questions and i was ready with the USCIS letter from London saying they would not take Carolyn's petition as they regarded her as U.S. domiciled and her storage charges for her furniture in Milwaukee and her active bank accounts and credit card in the US. Also her return flight tickets and UK job resignation.

I said I have some papers here about Carolyn's domicile and she snapped at me and said 'DO NOT SAY ANYTHING UNLESS I ASK YOU A QUESTION !'

I was quiet taken a back as I am not used to being told to shut up by anyone I am not married to.

anyway she asked me where I was born and she had obviously never heard of Yorkshire. She asked me when I got married.

She asked why Carolyn was not with me and I said there was a big sign saying only applicants would be allowed in.

She gave me a really hard time about whether Carolyn was working in the US before she came to the UK and on and on.

Then she closed the file and said 'This case is now complete and the visa is approved- you will receive it in 3 to 5 working days - go over to the courier desk with the form'. She looked away and got on with something else.

At no time did she smile or relax or show a flicker of warmth or humanity and the way she just turned away was robot like...

When we got home there was another packet 4 on the doorstep with a date of 8th November. It wasnt a rescheduled appointment it was a standard packet 4

It was mailed October 11 but must have got stuck in the mail strike..

If it had come October 12th, what would I have done..

I can't wait for this insanity to end but I know I am long way off - green card etc - no way it will be right. I might even get aletter saying I didnt turn up 8th November and they are cancelling the case

It really is a continuing nightmare

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people have to act that way :blink: All I can say is its a good thing she doesn't carry a gun :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Wow! They really have made the whole process traumatic for you from start to finish and it's not like your case is a complicated one for them to deal with. Hope the POE goes smooth for you.

DCF London

24 May 2007: Married

28 June 2007: I-130 Sent

3 July 2007: Embassy takes payment

4 September 2007: Still received no NOA1, Embassy in email confirms that I-130 was filed on 3 July

14 September 2007: NOA2

24 September 2007: Received Packet 3

26 September 2007: Sent off DS-230 (part I) and checklist

9 October 2007: Medical

24 October 2007: Interview - APPROVED

9 November 2007: POE - JFK

15 January 2008: Green Card received in the post

Removing Conditions

19 August 2009: Posted 1-751

21 August 2009: 1-751 Receipt Notice

25 September 2009: Biometrics Appointment

14 October 2008: Email from USCIS saying 10 year GC ordered.

I hope that things start getting better for you soon. It sounds as though you should have used up all your bad luck for the next 10 years. Congratulations on the approval :thumbs::dance:

Edited by RosemarieL

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Glad you got the visa Alan, can only suggest you get here before the 8th Nov, wonder what they in store for you at the POE :rolleyes:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hope my title isn't too dramatic haha !

ok so I arrive 10.10am for my 10.30 interview yesterday - much better system - they check your appointment letter against their list then you go straight through security as you arrive. Before, they used to line you up in the rain for an hour then let you go in as a herd.

There was a sign saying ONLY applicants are allowed in.

Got the numbered ticket and sat down - only 2 in the immigrant number sequence - after 10 mins i saw my number and went to the numbered station.

Gave him my big smile hi routine and he was a Brit and very relaxed and jolly but with a hard glint in the eye. He gave me the appointment letter back and looked at his screen - you appointment is not till November 8th he said. I felt that VJ sinking feeling. No it's today I said . He said 'How did you get in here' and he meant it. I pushed the appointment letter back at him. He said Well didn't anyone check you outside? I told him I was checked twice.

He said 'Well you dont have an appointment today '. We looked at each other and then he said - 'stay here' and he walked off.

I got that massive wave of depression that I got when we were denied at NVC for Domicile and when the petition was going UK-Nebraska-California-UK-London -Nebraska California. I thought of the train fares and the hotel and our Chicago flights and hire car and U-haul and the Apartment lease and I started to withdraw.

He came back eventually and picked up my medical results and gave me my xray and I started to believe. We did all the certificates and he said to sit down and wait for the interview. The interview was called and it was 10.50 - 20 minutes after i got there ! I started to cheer up and then saw it was a slim young woman of south east asian appearance who looked very zealous and professional - they always hate me as I am cocky and cavalier.

She produced the NVC file which had an orange sticker on it which said 'domicile' She started asking me domicile type questions and i was ready with the USCIS letter from London saying they would not take Carolyn's petition as they regarded her as U.S. domiciled and her storage charges for her furniture in Milwaukee and her active bank accounts and credit card in the US. Also her return flight tickets and UK job resignation.

I said I have some papers here about Carolyn's domicile and she snapped at me and said 'DO NOT SAY ANYTHING UNLESS I ASK YOU A QUESTION !'

I was quiet taken a back as I am not used to being told to shut up by anyone I am not married to.

anyway she asked me where I was born and she had obviously never heard of Yorkshire. She asked me when I got married.

She asked why Carolyn was not with me and I said there was a big sign saying only applicants would be allowed in.

She gave me a really hard time about whether Carolyn was working in the US before she came to the UK and on and on.

Then she closed the file and said 'This case is now complete and the visa is approved- you will receive it in 3 to 5 working days - go over to the courier desk with the form'. She looked away and got on with something else.

At no time did she smile or relax or show a flicker of warmth or humanity and the way she just turned away was robot like...

When we got home there was another packet 4 on the doorstep with a date of 8th November. It wasnt a rescheduled appointment it was a standard packet 4

It was mailed October 11 but must have got stuck in the mail strike..

If it had come October 12th, what would I have done..

I can't wait for this insanity to end but I know I am long way off - green card etc - no way it will be right. I might even get aletter saying I didnt turn up 8th November and they are cancelling the case

It really is a continuing nightmare

alan

Congratulation Alan :dance::dance::dance:

You got the post strike benefit hahaha

TIMELINE FOR CR1- I-130

July 29th 2006 - GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN

Sep 1st 2006 - I-130 sent.

Sep 5th 2006 - NOA1

May 24th 2007 - NOA2 APPROVED

NVC FOR CR-1 (I-130)

06/13/07 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

Sep 11th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! THANK GOD

Sep 19th 2007 - Case fwd to London embassy

US EMBASSY LONDON

Oct 25th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 9th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 5th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 26 DAYS

Dec 18th 2007 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

U.S.A

Feb 15th 2008 - POE (JFK)

Mar 05th 2008 Green Card arrived

Dec 28 2009 Apply for condition remove

Removal of Conditions Timeline

Dec 26 2009 I-751 sent

Dec 28 2009 I-751 delivered (VSC)

Dec 29 2009 I-751 NOA Received

Mar 09 2010 condition removed got 10 years green card

NATURALIZATION N-400

Dec 07 2010 N-400 sent to Tx

Dec 09 2010 N-400 delivered

Dec 29 2010 Received biometric appointment letter for 01/13/2011

Jan 13 2011 Biometric done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad this all had a happy ending. She was probably ticked that she got the file that had an orange domicile sticker on it :help:

As you mentioned when you were going through the domicile thing, everyone wants to cover their patooties, she was probably chosen as she forgot the donuts that day or something.

Anyway - onward and Congratulations!

Edited by trailmix

Congratulations on your approval

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Timeline
Glad you got the visa Alan, can only suggest you get here before the 8th Nov, wonder what they in store for you at the POE :rolleyes:

I have spend months reassuring people about the interview saying it's a piece of cake.

When it comes to mine I get that !

The visa should be with me Wednesday and we fly 5th November but ANYTHING can happen at any stage as I have learned and NOTHING can be taken for granted..

My wife is a programmer and I said to her, 'surely, after the 8th November they wont be able to cancel a file that is completed with the visa actually issued' - she started laughing....

perhaps I should go to both interviews and get 2 visas ?

They seemed stunned that I was allowed in and my name was on the clipboard before I could even join the line outside !

He insisted that I must have phoned the embassy and asked for my interview to be delayed 3 weeks - Eh???? as if !

I wonder if there is someone out there with the same name who is going to have a nasty shock when their application is canceled for non attendance ! I was once on a training course with 2 other people of my name - the first month I was top of the class, the second month bottom and the third month top again

Still dont know if i am clever or not....

At k1, the social security issued my card with my name wrongly spelled - only 4 letters and a common english name !

lemme out of this process !

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats Alan,

most importantly,

you got through!

:thumbs:

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

they always hate me as I am cocky and cavalier.

alan

What you? surely not! ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

wow lol..well, I'm glad you were approved...but...as far as the lady goes...

perhaps she just needs a good bloke in her life..set her up with one of your mates..lol :jest:

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.