Pinocchio Liberal

Mexican flag flying above an american flag.

157 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Do illegals have the rights to wave the Mexican flag lol i think not.

If somebody is a Mexican it doesn't mean he's illegal, right? :huh:

K1 TIME LINE

05/21/2007 - I129F sent to VSC

05/25/2007 - NOA1

10/10/2007 touch (change of address)

10/11/2007 touch

10/12/2007 touch

10/15/2007 NOA2 (Approved)

10/18/2007 NVC received

11/02/2007 NVC left

11/06/2007 embassy received the petition

11/07/2007 package 3 & 4 sent out

11/08/2007 medical

11/26/2007 INTERVIEW

11/30/2007 US entry POE Washington DC

12/15/2007 Wedding

01/06/2008 AOS filed

01/14/2008 SSN received

01/12/2008 Drivers licens obtained:-)

02/05/2008 biometrics appointement

03/26/2008 approval notice for EAD

03/31/2008 another approval notice for EAD (confused)

04/04/2008 EAD received

04/09/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be getting my green card in the mail soon.

04/16/2008 AOS approval notice sent

04/16/2008 Green Card received!!!!!

dubrovnik.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
as for the vet, he went too far in regards to taking the flag plus the destruction of the rope when he took it down.

no one even seemed appalled that he rolled it up into a squashed mess..... *shrug*

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
as for the vet, he went too far in regards to taking the flag plus the destruction of the rope when he took it down.

no one even seemed appalled that he rolled it up into a squashed mess..... *shrug*

i'm not familiar with mexico's rules and regulations regarding their flag so i can't speak on whether that is ok or not.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i'm not familiar with mexico's rules and regulations regarding their flag so i can't speak on whether that is ok or not.

oi...not the Mexican flag....he took the U.S. flag and as he was crumpling it into a ball he said something along the lines that he was doing it out of respect for his flag and/or country... :wacko: Seemed an odd way to show honor and pride...by first ripping down the US flag that belongs to someone else and then mashing it up.

Edited by Frances

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Didn't we already have a thread about this divided into camps of 'couldn't he have informed them about the rules of flag flying rather than committing vandalism?' and 'OMG THE ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ALIENS ARE COMING TO GET US!!!!!1'
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::thumbs: good for him!

Illegal all the way around and also disrespectful. No other nation flag should ever be higher than an other nation flag. That is respect to both nations. Here in the USA not nation flag can not be on display without the USA flag also on display. Again going back to respect for the nation you are in at the time. The only except is Embassory where they fly thier own nation flag as the land belongs to that nation. Have a would and great day. God bless America, the land of the free. :thumbs::innocent::thumbs:

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

I dunno - I tend to think that people who get offended by this kind of thing don't have enough to occupy their time.

What is important to some is quite the opposite to others. Which is how I feel about gay rights, something being unconstitutional etc..

This whole situation is icing on the cake. People are fed up of others from one bordering nation simply taking a #### on America's law and its people; as 'they' see fit might I add..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
I dunno - I tend to think that people who get offended by this kind of thing don't have enough to occupy their time.

What is important to some is quite the opposite to others. Which is how I feel about gay rights, something being unconstitutional etc..

This whole situation is icing on the cake. People are fed up of others from one bordering nation simply taking a #### on America's law and its people; as 'they' see fit might I add..

aren't you assuming that is what this person was doing? we don't know his intention.....we certainly don't know if he maliciously set out to offend people and break an ambiguous rule. How WOULD you feel if it was someone from Canada doing this in a border town say in Minneapolis....would there be the same outrage.... ? I don't think so...

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Flag etiquette?

I've been out to plenty of restaurants and seen people demonstrating atrocious table manners. Doesn't mean I'd presume to take them to task over it.

Perhaps the guy in the OP post should have learned to respect other people's property (something that most people learn in Kindergarten).

:lol::thumbs:

Nothing but nationalism at its worst.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

I honestly do not see what the big deal is here. At least he was flying the american flag. Women wear flags for swimsuits.... in effect, they are sitting on the flag and possibly farting on it :whistle:

All this guy did was try to show that he loves or appreciates both countries by flying both flags together. He probably wasn't aware of the law or etiquettes of flying them together... I'm american and I never heard of this.

Just because someone comes to america doesn't mean they hate their country nor should they be expected to.

This veteran in the story scares me. I hope those who are figting in other countries right now are not as likely to go off half-cocked over some small trivial matter and harm innocent people in the process.

I'm also curious why the store owner has to file charges on the man when he was caught on camera and had it broadcast for all to see... ?

Nada, nada, NADA.....This guy knew exactly what he was doing and this is the same, or similar behavior demonstrated by many Mexicans that reside in San Diego- you know the local radio station that's declared Southern California still part of Mexico....

It's a way of thumbing their noses at us. Same as marching in an immigration demonstration cloaked in the Mexican flag.

I say two thumbs up :thumbs::thumbs: for the guy that took the flag from this business owner!

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I dunno - I tend to think that harbouring a private resentment and acting on it in a criminal way is somewhat over the top...

I dunno - I tend to think that harbouring a private resentment and acting on it in a criminal way is somewhat over the top...

I am not excusing this guy but I can see how people here have had enough. We already know America is the scapegoat of the world's problems but when did America become every else's door mat.

Irrespective of the laws, the person who owns the store should have shown respect to the country he is living and earning a living in..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

aren't you assuming that is what this person was doing? we don't know his intention.....we certainly don't know if he maliciously set out to offend people and break an ambiguous rule. How WOULD you feel if it was someone from Canada doing this in a border town say in Minneapolis....would there be the same outrage.... ? I don't think so...

I'd like to think that if you barged onto someone's property and started breaking their stuff out of some imagined sleight - that most reasonable people wouldn't be on the side of the vandal.

I'd like to think that if you barged onto someone's property and started breaking their stuff out of some imagined sleight - that most reasonable people wouldn't be on the side of the vandal.

What about jumping the border and illegally entering somebodies sovereign nation??

Edited by Boo-Yah!