RandyandRina

DS230....RFE'd???

127 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Oh Rina, I am SO sorry! I don't believe that your stuff was missing! I bet you ANYTHING that NVC lost it and are saying that it is "missing". I can't believe HOW LONG it takes them to tell us though that the file is incomplete and what not! Completely ridiculous, isn't it? My heart goes out to you Rina and we WILL get through this!

I am very depressed over this whole thing with my RFE, I can imagine how you must be feeling right now. It is not right NVC doesn't take better care of our things. How would THEY feel if we lost there, say....paychecks? lol in all seriousness though, I bet they wouldn't like it ONE BIT.

I really feel like writing a letter to the President (not that it probably wouldn't help) telling him that the immigration process is VERY disorganized and seeing how many people have been told that there stuff is "missing" when they SWEAR they have sent it to NVC...now THAT is a problem that MUST be dealt with. I don't care if NVC has THOUSANDS upon thousands of people who are filing! They need to have a better organizational system! And like someone here who already posted above said: When you send those papers to NVC, how can they lose any of them? They open that envelope and everything is attached!

Can you feel the passion I have for this subject? SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. :angry:

Keep us posted Rina,

*hugs*

I-130:

2/13/07 ~ NOA1

5/31/07 ~ NOA2 Approval!

NVC: (Did not use James' shortcuts except for hubby sending DS-230 to me ahead of time!)

6/15/07 ~ Petition rec'vd by NVC

6/18/07 ~ Case # assigned

7/02/07 ~ DS3032/AOS bill generated

7/03/07 ~ COA email sent

7/09/07 ~ AOS bill rec'vd by mail

7/10/07 ~ Paid/Sent AOS bill

7/13/07 ~ Re-sent COA email, 1st email accepted

7/16/07 ~ IV bill generated

7/18/07 ~ AOS bill entered into system

7/28/07 ~ IV bill rec'vd by mail

8/06/07 ~ I864 packet rec'vd by mail

8/08/07 ~ Paid/sent IV bill

8/10/07 ~ Sent I864 to NVC

8/13/07 ~ NVC rec'vd I864

8/16/07 ~ IV bill entered into system

8/20/07 ~ DS230 generated

8/24/07 ~ I864 "approved"

9/01/07 ~ DS230 rec'vd by mail

9/05/07 ~ DS230 sent to NVC

9/07/07 ~ NVC receives DS230

9/11/07 ~ DS-230 in system "The NVC has rec'vd the checklist letter..."

9/24/07 ~ Chklist sent :o/

9/25/07 ~ Chklist being sent to me

9/26/07 ~ Automated msg changes to "checklist letter being sent..."

10/1/07 ~ Checklist letter rec'vd by mail

10/4/07 ~ Sent out checklist letter response to NVC...HUBBY'S BDAY :(

10/10/07~ NVC rec'vd checklist letter response

10/20/07~ CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/07/07~ Case forwarded to embassy

12/05/07~ Interview

Onto the waiver process . . .

FAbG.jpg.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halu Rina and fellow VJ'rs,

Darn it!! So finally there's news but bad news!! Now, I am getting worried na for my wife's case and now I wouldn't be surprised if NVC loose my docs and I get an RFE. Arrrgghhhh!!!

Im calling NVC again today...so hard to get thru!! Will let you guys know if my wife's case get RFE!!

I think Aurea and others are right on, I think this is just a way for NVC to delay our case but darn it, to say that missing docs is not right!! To get those certificate again takes time!! NVC could just be honest about it!! Again Rina, just wish that we knew how the internal process is from NVC. So many questions and no answers!!

Hangin' there!!

ingatz and God Bless everyone,

D&A

Trailmix,

My head is spinning :wacko: ..it seems that they are asking too much from you, the statements from the letter is confusing. Correct me if I am wrong, are they asking you all these documents: Birth Certificate, copy of Passport information, DS230 with skipped info (residence) and police certificate(s)??? Are you Standard Processing? Have you not submitted this before? Wow, they must be really buggin' :huh:

As most of you have suggested, I have called and requested to speak to a supervisor. I went over the DS230 forms and documents I have submitted to them. One by one I discussed with them what they prossibly could have overlooked. Guess what?? They have EVERYTHING! She has to consult, however, why my file was sent and noted as "missing documents or information" when it is not missing at all, and the not so fun part is that I still have to wait additional 2-4 weeks for their mistake. :no:

Here's my explanation to them:

• I made them aware I have the exact copy of the original DS230 packet with all the documents.
  • On my husband's passport
  • >>they required only a photocopy, not certified true copy (verified with NVC before I sent to them)
  • >>it was written in both English and Filipino. No translation/ translator needed
  • There are 2 police certificates in the Philippines: NBI (national agency) and local Police Certificate (locality of your residence)
  • Both of these documents were submitted to them
To all: it's so true that not everything NVC live operators would tell us are true and concise. In such cases, we do have to ask for a supervisor to re-verify that information or concerns still unclear to us.

Ok, so this is page three of our RFE - is this what an operator would see? Maybe, I mean they have to keep on file what they send us one would think. One other thing, the operator I spoke to yesterday said, 'I can't see exactly what you are missing'.

The thing is, if you read this - what would you think I needed to send back?

rfe_sept_22.jpg
Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Trailmix,

My head is spinning :wacko: ..it seems that they are asking too much from you, the statements from the letter is confusing. Correct me if I am wrong, are they asking you all these documents: Birth Certificate, copy of Passport information, DS230 with skipped info (residence) and police certificate(s)??? Are you Standard Processing? Have you not submitted this before? Wow, they must be really buggin' :huh:

As most of you have suggested, I have called and requested to speak to a supervisor. I went over the DS230 forms and documents I have submitted to them. One by one I discussed with them what they prossibly could have overlooked. Guess what?? They have EVERYTHING! She has to consult, however, why my file was sent and noted as "missing documents or information" when it is not missing at all and the not so fun part is that I still have to wait additional 2-4 weeks for their mistake. :no:

Here's my explanation to them:

• I made them aware I have the exact copy of the original DS230 packet with all the documents.
  • On my husband's passport
  • >>they required only a photocopy, not certified true copy (verified with NVC before I sent to them)
  • >>it was written in both English and Filipino
  • There are 2 police certificates in the Philippines: NBI (national agency) and local Police Certificate (locality of your residence)
  • both were submitted to them
To all: it's so true that not everything NVC live operators would tell us are true and concise. In such cases, we do have to ask for a supervisor to re-verify that information or concerns still unclear to us.

Ok, so this is page three of our RFE - is this what an operator would see? Maybe, I mean they have to keep on file what they send us one would think. One other thing, the operator I spoke to yesterday said, 'I can't see exactly what you are missing'.

The thing is, if you read this - what would you think I needed to send back?

rfe_sept_22.jpg

Sis Rina,

that's a relief! happy for you!

yeah sometimes better ask for the supervisor! (or maybe most of the time if case would be like this one! :) )

-jyz (F)

Sis Rina,

that's a relief! happy for you!

yeah sometimes better ask for the supervisor! (or maybe most of the time if case would be like this one! :) )

-jyz (F)

Thanks sis. No one has to go through so much stress for nothing, we are already stressed out at the beginning of our individual case(s) and RFE for nothing or silly thing is unnecessary really. Just for my own experience, I know what I got and what I submitted to them, so if they made a mistake on my case: lost file or documents or overlooked..then that will be something that needs to be pointed out to them. They do this everyday, so they should be familiar with every documents that they ask.

Just my 2 cents... :unsure:

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Rina,

So happy to hear you called and at least started the process of getting it sorted out :thumbs:

That is what I mean when I say that maybe they only see what the adjudicator is sending to us. Although it looks like I need lots of documents and a police certificate etc etc that isn't really what they want at all.

Now the person I spoke to did kind of know what she was talking about and told me to correct questions 20 and 22 (where I needed to write 'to present' in the date ranges). I must say they also circled the two questions on the DS-230 they sent back to me.

The instructions on the Checklist are unclear and I think that the operators sometimes must get confused. They don't want a new police certificate from me - it's just part of the 'canned' answer that they copy and paste in to the RFE I think.

They have standard answers they use and so, since they want me to correct a date range that MIGHT include a new police certificate - but in fact for my file - it doesn't.

What I really had to send back was:

- Correction to questions 20 and 22 on the DS-230 (enter 'to present')

- Photocopy of my Husband's Canadian PR card.

That's it. Interesting!

Edited by trailmix

What I really had to send back was:

- Correction to questions 20 and 22 on the DS-230 (enter 'to present')

- Photocopy of my Husband's Canadian PR card.

That's it. Interesting!

That's it? Wow, it seems they needed all those documents I mentioned on my previous comments :wacko:

Keep me posted with your case ok. :thumbs:

Thank you to everyone who sympathized with me and showed their support. (F)

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm hoping that your hubby with be with you so soon!

I was thinking that when I send out my DS-230, I'm going to include a letter from me that tells them specifically that I have copies of all the originals...in a "yes i know what you have and now you know that i know, so don't mess with me...pretty please withe sugar on top" sort of thing. :devil: So far the NVC has been OK, aside from my paperwork taking major tours of the New Hampshire country side before actually reaching me. I dread the limbo of waiting for Montreal to schedule the interview though. Yikes.

You're really close, I'm sure you'll get approved quickly now that this is taken care of!

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

The holidays is definitely just around the corner.

Just make sure that when you submit any documents at all, to always make exact copies of what you originally submitted them. In that way, if they said they are missing information, or so states that you missed a line or two, then you can tell them whether they are wrong or not.

I'm hoping that your hubby with be with you so soon!

I was thinking that when I send out my DS-230, I'm going to include a letter from me that tells them specifically that I have copies of all the originals...in a "yes i know what you have and now you know that i know, so don't mess with me...pretty please withe sugar on top" sort of thing. :devil: So far the NVC has been OK, aside from my paperwork taking major tours of the New Hampshire country side before actually reaching me. I dread the limbo of waiting for Montreal to schedule the interview though. Yikes.

You're really close, I'm sure you'll get approved quickly now that this is taken care of!

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
As some of you may know, I have been waiting for NVC to provide me status of my DS230. Finally, today I heard what other people would not want to hear..."found a missing information" which translates to RFE, and a letter was sent on October 2nd. My initial reaction? Lots of questions like "For what?" and "Why?"

I knew I had to talk to them, besides I gave them a break to review it, so then I called the number and waited for a live operator. I was expecting for a question or two we may have missed, but NO that was not the case. Everything was good on my husband's DS230, we got them all right. I can't believe what I heard when they said they are missing my husband's biographic data page of his passport and police certificate. :o

Here's what I have sent them with the original DS230 packet:

• Barcode Coversheet
  • DS230- Forms Part I and Part II
  • NSO Original, Birth Certificate
  • NSO Original, Marriage Certificate
  • Marriage Termination Documentation
  • >> NSO Original, Annotated Marriage Certificate
  • >> Certified True Copies from Regional Trial Court
  • Photocopy, Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
  • Original, NBI Clearance Certificate
  • Original, Police Clearance Certificate
So, if I have all these documents on my DS230 packet, why would they say I am missing it?

I have made an exact copy of the packet I sent them originally, and since I have been careful with what I sent them (double checked every page, reviewed them and followed every checklist they required), I will be sending them a letter today via Express Mail, and I will attached the copies I made of my original packet to show them that unfortunately they dropped the ball on this. I did not cause the missing information, they those documents and they better find it. Let's see what they say this time when I call them back on Monday :angry:

Rina, They told us the same thing about our police certificate and then POW they approved it. Believe me when I say this. They are very unorganized and do not communicate well from within. I called and called and called and got different stories almost everytime that I called. Call in the morning and ask for Sue or Mari. They are supervisors and very very nice. Their fax # is 603-334-0791 Good luck and PM me if you need more info.

Rina, They told us the same thing about our police certificate and then POW they approved it. Believe me when I say this. They are very unorganized and do not communicate well from within. I called and called and called and got different stories almost everytime that I called. Call in the morning and ask for Sue or Mari. They are supervisors and very very nice. Their fax # is 603-334-0791 Good luck and PM me if you need more info.

Hello katita1757. Your previous comments has been noted. :thumbs:

The supervisor I talked to was very pleasant as well, and she really took the time to validate these documents with me on the phone. Besides, these documents they require for us to submit were properly supplied to them, according to the standards from the website itself that we checked out and downloaded.

There are two ways we can obtain police clearance certificates in the Philippines: from NBI (national records) and City district Police Clearance (local records). In our case, it was easy for my husband to obtain it from one location since he have lived there (Quezon City) even before he reached the age of 16, compared to other citizens in the Philippines that lived in other city or provinces. I made sure I have from both: national and local. I have explained to them that it is not fair for someone like us to be required to supply and sbmit them the same documents again. I had to read to them what was on the website itself for obtaining police certificates. There's no way that they can say that my husband's police certificates are invalid, I had submitted both NBI and Local Police Certificates.

This is really ridiculous :huh: ... they had my ds230 for quite awhile now, and now this? If it was my fault, then at least I can live with that. But this is truly unacceptable.

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Timeline

Hello katita1757. Your previous comments has been noted. :thumbs:

The supervisor I talked to was very pleasant as well, and she really took the time to validate these documents with me on the phone. Besides, these documents they require for us to submit were properly supplied to them, according to the standards from the website itself that we checked out and downloaded.

There are two ways we can obtain police clearance certificates in the Philippines: from NBI (national records) and City district Police Clearance (local records). In our case, it was easy for my husband to obtain it from one location since he have lived there (Quezon City) even before he reached the age of 16, compared to other citizens in the Philippines that lived in other city or provinces. I made sure I have from both: national and local. I have explained to them that it is not fair for someone like us to be required to supply and sbmit them the same documents again. I had to read to them what was on the website itself for obtaining police certificates. There's no way that they can say that my husband's police certificates are invalid, I had submitted both NBI and Local Police Certificates.

This is really ridiculous :huh: ... they had my ds230 for quite awhile now, and now this? If it was my fault, then at least I can live with that. But this is truly unacceptable.

I feel your pain. Yesterday a NVC rep told us that are case was complete and that they will be giving us our interview date soon. Well today they told me that it is almost complete just one more check. ???? What does this mean??

I feel your pain. Yesterday a NVC rep told us that are case was complete and that they will be giving us our interview date soon. Well today they told me that it is almost complete just one more check. ???? What does this mean??

Say what? :blink: It's like a never ending riddle with NVC. I wanted to hear what they will say to you the next time you call. Can't they just figure out what's really going on? Give me a break! :help:

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Timeline

Say what? :blink: It's like a never ending riddle with NVC. I wanted to hear what they will say to you the next time you call. Can't they just figure out what's really going on? Give me a break! :help:

I feel like that dog chasing his tail!! :wacko:

I feel like that dog chasing his tail!! :wacko:

If that can happen to you, it can happen to me and to others as well. So cruel... :crying: I can't wait for it to be over with this process.

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.