614 posts in this topic

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

Just called the NVC and our petition is on its way to the Algerian embassy!!!!

WHOO HOOO!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Good luck everyone! :thumbs:

Congrats that's awesome! I hope ours will be on the way by Friday! Wow, this is starting to go faster now! Yay!

Timeline:

5/2/07 - Mailed petition to Nebraska Service Center

5/7/07 - Received Petition in Nebraska

5/30/07 - NOA1 - Petition at CSC

9/19/07 - Approved!! NOA2 - 140 days from filing!!!

9/24/07 - Hardcopy NOA2 received

10/29/07 - Sent to NVC - 40 Days from NOA2

10/31/07 - Case received at NVC - Happy Halloween!

11/02/07 - Case left NVC - Yay!

11/08/07 - Case received in Bucharest - picked up Packet 3 from embassy

11/09/07 - Received NVC Letter

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/19/07 - Interview - success! Visa in hand!

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/2/08 - Applied for AOS, AP, EAD

2/8/08 - Received all 3 NOA1's

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/18/08 - AP and EAD approved, card production ordered

3/24/08 - Received AP in the mail

3/25/08 - EAD card sent in the mail

3/27/08 - EAD received

9/19/08 - Received interview letter - FINALLY!!!

10/17/08 - Interview 11am

10/27/08 - Card Production Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congratulations to all who are moving forward...the light at the end of the tunnel is near!!

I am trying not to freak out because I called CSC today to see if our file had left for NVC yet. The lady I spoke to said "Hmmm - that's peculiar- I don't see it here" then proceeded to explain something about it not getting assigned an A number, and that she needed to do an inquiry and would call me back in a few days. I wish I could have understood her better, but she had a very heavy accent that made it difficult. I'll call again Friday. SERENITY NOW!!!!!! :wacko:

AOS

2/15/08 Married :)

3/3/08 AOS etc application sent

3/14/08 Application packet returned...signed in wrong spot

3/17/08 Corrected packet resubmitted

3/24/08 Called USCIS to learn packet was being returned again due to another error

PACKET NEVER ARRIVED _ LOST AT USCIS....WAITING FOR EXPLANATION/INSTRUCTIONS

5/12/08 Sent a new application with cover letter explaining situation

5/19/08 NOAs

5/20/08 Check cashed...FINALLY

6/10/08 Biometrics

6/20/08 AOS transferred to CSC

6/23/08 AOS touched - again 6/30 (probably received in CA)

7/9/08 AOS touched

7/10/08 AOS touched...come on CSC :)

7/18/08 EAD approved!!!!!! Card prodution ordered (67 days from filing)

7/28/08 Email saying EAD card mailed out today....but it was in the mailbox when I got home!!!!! Finally!!!

8/15/08 Welcome Permanent Resident Email

8/20/08 Email that AOS application is approved!!!! (100 days from time final application sent)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I would recommend all of you waiting for your petitions to reach the NVC to write to them with your case number: NVCInquiry@state.gov

They reply as soon as they receive it, it usually takes them 5 - 10 days to reply to e-mails ... but atleast you dont have to keep thinking about it or calling them often.

I did just that!!!

Should I contact my embassy that our case has been approved? would this get me ahead or anything?? new to all of this and not sure how it all works!! just learnin as I go!

thanks

( and sorry, i'm addicted to these '!!!!!' --- all my friends pt this out in e-mails i send 'em!)

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I would recommend all of you waiting for your petitions to reach the NVC to write to them with your case number: NVCInquiry@state.gov

They reply as soon as they receive it, it usually takes them 5 - 10 days to reply to e-mails ... but atleast you dont have to keep thinking about it or calling them often.

I did just that!!!

Should I contact my embassy that our case has been approved? would this get me ahead or anything?? new to all of this and not sure how it all works!! just learnin as I go!

thanks

( and sorry, i'm addicted to these '!!!!!' --- all my friends pt this out in e-mails i send 'em!)

Since you don't have the NVC case number you can't really do anything. That's the number that the embassy uses to reference your case.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Timeline
Does USCIS send an email to inform you that they have sent your petition to NVC? Did anyone get a touch during this time frame?

Thanks for the congrats!

I never received an email nor a touch during the the time our petition was transferred from the CSC to the NVC. I just kept calling to see if the petition had arrived at the NVC.

Timeline
Does USCIS send an email to inform you that they have sent your petition to NVC? Did anyone get a touch during this time frame?

You can keep calling NVC or wait for the letter from NVC that they received your case.

At this point you are done with USCIS :dance:

Until AOS :wacko:

Edited by ZeeNusah

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I did just that!!!

thanks

Since you don't have the NVC case number you can't really do anything. That's the number that the embassy uses to reference your case.

Thanks ZeeNusah!

Guess, I can't get the NVC Case Number until the case has made it too NVC!!! (which sucks, this should be assigned at CSC) Anyways, when I do get the NVC Case Number, what can be done then? I can call the Embassy which will be processing the case and get the packet or can I just check the status at the Embassy??

Thanks again everyone!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
My package was also received at NVC on Monday, Oct. 29, and I called tonight (Wed, Oct. 31) and they gave me the case number and said it was sent to the embassy in Kiev today (Wednesday)!

Hi FlyRK,

I just wanted to say congratulations again! The wait has been long and now things seem to be moving forward for all of us. :star:

Good luck on the rest of your journey! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After waiting since 9-24 I finally have my NVC Case Number. It took 5 weeks to get paperwork from the West coast to the East coast and only 3 days to be processed by the NVC. Now the wait for the Embassy to get the paperwork…

So I call the NVC, press 1 for English, press 2 for Fiancée, no Operators available, please call back.

So I call the NVC, press 2 by mistake and get Spanish, press 2 for Fiancée, wait on hold, get an Operator speaking Spanish, ask if he can help me in English, he asks where is my Fiancée from, I say the Ukraine why does that matter, he says he can’t help me and transfers me back to the beginning to start all over again.

Funny how in the US you can’t get help in Spanish if you speak English…

texas101_1896_4011252.jpg

Timeline

I did just that!!!

thanks

Thanks ZeeNusah!

Guess, I can't get the NVC Case Number until the case has made it too NVC!!! (which sucks, this should be assigned at CSC) Anyways, when I do get the NVC Case Number, what can be done then? I can call the Embassy which will be processing the case and get the packet or can I just check the status at the Embassy??

Thanks again everyone!

Every embassy is different. Some will mail out the packets. Some will let you come and pick it up once they have your case. In other cases they will let you schedule the medicals etc once you have the case number. Some embassies have info online others do not. I would suggest calling the embassy or finding other VJers who have gone through your embassy and find out their experience.

Good luck :thumbs:

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My package was also received at NVC on Monday, Oct. 29, and I called tonight (Wed, Oct. 31) and they gave me the case number and said it was sent to the embassy in Kiev today (Wednesday)!

Hi FlyRK,

I just wanted to say congratulations again! The wait has been long and now things seem to be moving forward for all of us. :star:

Good luck on the rest of your journey! :thumbs:

Thanks samir! I appreciate the positive words and thoughts. Yes, the journey is long, but always worth it in the end. Congrats to you also!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.