Cassandra+Yuibi

Ridiculous Employers

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Maybe your boss isn't getting any sex and she's jealous because you are.

LOL. I wish, my fiance is still in Japan. :blush:

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I appreciate it. I know that I have the skills and the will to work somewhere much more suited for me. I think that I will probably take my opportunity now to try and start my own small business- which I have wanted to do for a while.

Like everyone said- retail does suck. When I chose the job I really just needed something and I never intended to stay as long as I did. I think the situation is ridiculous, but I don't have any desire to cause a stir because I personally don't think that I made enough money for it to be worth it (to me). I wasn't told they would fire me- I was just told that I had to choose. So I'm sure she chose her words carefully. And any personal information I gave my higher ups was asked of me. My District Manager asked me what was going on- I told him we were kind of in limbo and I didn't know when my fiance would be here anymore- and the District Manager TOLD me that I could have as much time off as I needed to take care of things because in his opinion "family comes first".

The really sad thing is- that everyone working at my store is upset about the situation because everyone likes me and knows that I do my job better than most. This company (nope, not wal-mart :P) treats its employess pretty bad and has a huge turnover rate. It's even in a management crisis- so if nothing else I feel sorry for the people left behind who will have to scramble to find anyone to take my position.

Everyone my age laughs at me for saying I want to go back to college (most of them still ARE in college) because they think its horrible. But I truly miss it and the sooner I can go back the better.

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

03/30/2010: Petition mailed

04/05/2010: NOA

04/09/2010: NOA received in mail

04/20/2010: Biometrics Appointment

06/22/2010: RFE date

06/30/2010: RFE received

07/16/2010: RFE reply sent

07/19/2010: RFE delivery confirmed

08/05/2010: Card Production Ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL. I wish, my fiance is still in Japan. :blush:

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I appreciate it. I know that I have the skills and the will to work somewhere much more suited for me. I think that I will probably take my opportunity now to try and start my own small business- which I have wanted to do for a while.

Like everyone said- retail does suck. When I chose the job I really just needed something and I never intended to stay as long as I did. I think the situation is ridiculous, but I don't have any desire to cause a stir because I personally don't think that I made enough money for it to be worth it (to me). I wasn't told they would fire me- I was just told that I had to choose. So I'm sure she chose her words carefully. And any personal information I gave my higher ups was asked of me. My District Manager asked me what was going on- I told him we were kind of in limbo and I didn't know when my fiance would be here anymore- and the District Manager TOLD me that I could have as much time off as I needed to take care of things because in his opinion "family comes first".

The really sad thing is- that everyone working at my store is upset about the situation because everyone likes me and knows that I do my job better than most. This company (nope, not wal-mart :P) treats its employess pretty bad and has a huge turnover rate. It's even in a management crisis- so if nothing else I feel sorry for the people left behind who will have to scramble to find anyone to take my position.

Everyone my age laughs at me for saying I want to go back to college (most of them still ARE in college) because they think its horrible. But I truly miss it and the sooner I can go back the better.

Ha Ha, I went to college the first time when I was 18-22 years old, the second time when I was 30-33 years old, and the third time when I was 42-44 years old, and I have 4 degrees on my office wall. Yeah, everyone thinks I'm nuts too!!! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I spoke about your situation to a Wal-mart Assistant Manager about what you wrote and they said that sounds like Wal-mart, their suggestion is don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave and don't look back.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well i am sorry to hear about your situation but i would write a letter to the manager that ok'ed your time off tell him you were giving your 2 weeks notice and tell him why your doing it make it sound profesional and you deeply regret haveing to do it but that your being forced to make the decision between work or family from direct boss. you know your leaving any way and its good to hear no one need to take stuff like that from bad bosses but like i ahve always said if your going out for something like this you might as well try to take someone with you hehehehehe. even if not then it goes against her and when she has more cases like that against her then the company as a company wont have much of a choice but get rid of her before there is legal action

good luck in your future

chuck, next time you have a thought..keep it to yourself...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

So, on Monday I put in my two weeks notice at my workplace. Why? Well, here's a brief backstory.

I'm am/was an Assistant Store Manager at a retail company. When I was interviewed a year ago to work at the company I made my situation with my fiance known, saying I would be taking time of at certain times to visit him or take care of things. Well, at that time that was fine and well. Now, fast forward to a few weeks ago. I spoke with a higher up in my company a few weeks ago about taking a week off to visit my fiance (our petition has been in serious limbo). After all, in my position I'm allowed 2 weeks paid and 8 weeks unpaid vacation- I've used none of that time. He told me that was fine, and that I just need to let him know when I decided when I wanted the time.

I had a visit Monday from my Area Manager (lower than District Manager). I have a history with her conveniently not getting paperwork done that I needed (and her getting in trouble with higher ups for it). She comes in and tells me that she believes that my situation with immigration is affecting how I'm performing at work (even though my sales,etc. are by far higher than everyone else in my store). She also tells me that she won't allow me to take the time off to visit my fiance (which was already approved by someone above her). And then she tells me that I have to make a decision. I have to decide whether my job or my family/fiance is more important and I have 24 hrs to give her my decision.

Of course, you know what I chose- and I have no idea how anyone could choose a job (a low paying one at that) over their family/spouse/fiance.

I'm just fuming over the situation. Wondering if anyone else has had/heard of a similair situation where someone was told to choose between a job or their family? That seems just so... unethical to me.

You need to make another contact with her on the topic with a tape recorder in your pocket.

What she did, (if that is truley how it went down) is descrimination, and you should follow thru on the issue with a attorney.

Edited by radsr2002

December 12 2006 Filed I130

Jan 10 2007 got receipt and case number!

Jan 12 2007 sent 129F

Feb 6 notice they were moving the file to a faster service center.

Feb 26 Notice of I130 approval

Feb 28 2007 notice they were sending 129F to USCIS for further investigation (err #######?)

May 15 2007 notice of approval of 129F with processing dates of 05/15/2007 thru 09/14/2007

May 28 2007 Notice from attorney that NVC needed processed and money orders were needed.

June 4 2007 Traveled to Manila to spend 2 weeks with my wife!! (YeHaaaa!!)

Fed-xed her signed papers (For NVC) from Manila to attorney from Manila while on vacation

June 18 2007 Nvc approved support.

June 29 2007 packet arrived @ my home informing of interveiw for I130 on Aug 27 2007 and explaining Medical interveiw.

(Note wife never received packet for I130 in Philippines I fed-ex'ed mine to her for medical interveiw)

July 17 2007 packet arrived for 129F setting interveiw for Sept 5 2007

August 5 2007 Wife flew to Manila for medical interveiw on August 6.

August 26 wife flew to Manila for I130 interveiw on August 27 2007.

August 27 2007 12:31 pm I130 Approved

wife arriving Nov 18th

WIFE ARRIVED Nov 18th!!!!

Website I made my wife!

http://rickrox.tripod.com/roxan1.html

Maybe your not giving enough head to your boss thats why your not getting a pay raise. lol :jest:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
I spoke about your situation to a Wal-mart Assistant Manager about what you wrote and they said that sounds like Wal-mart, their suggestion is don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave and don't look back.

I love how everyone thinks of Wal-mart as the ultimate evil. The company is GameStop. Wal-mart can step aside- GameStop is the new evil super-power in retail.

The sad thing is that the company is so bad that they are having a management crisis. So they are going to have a hard time replacing me- I don't know ####### will happen to my store when I'm gone. The confusion and disarray that will be caused by my leaving is satisfying enough. :whistle:

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

03/30/2010: Petition mailed

04/05/2010: NOA

04/09/2010: NOA received in mail

04/20/2010: Biometrics Appointment

06/22/2010: RFE date

06/30/2010: RFE received

07/16/2010: RFE reply sent

07/19/2010: RFE delivery confirmed

08/05/2010: Card Production Ordered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
The sad thing is that the company is so bad that they are having a management crisis. So they are going to have a hard time replacing me- I don't know ####### will happen to my store when I'm gone. The confusion and disarray that will be caused by my leaving is satisfying enough. :whistle:

Your boss sounds like a piece of work and you are much better off finding another job..FYI, just make sure if you start your own business or get another job that you are meet the necessary income guidelines to support your fiance in japan when it comes for his interview and time to show evidence of financial support..In case best of luck to you both on the visa process and starting your own business and/or getting another job.

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: Other Timeline

I've had bosses like that before. They're the type that have no other life other than their job, or they define their life by their job. They figure they've given up their life for the job, everyone under them should too, and anyone who doesn't is a lesser person. They're usually very bitter type A personalities. I had been given a similar ultimatum at a job before, and I went to a higher up and let them know exactly where my job fell on the "important" list. Family and friends come first. Job is somewhere after food and drink, and I only need the job so I can buy the food and drink :P

I've also known people who get caught up in their jobs, and forget how important their family is to them until something drastic happens. They either lose their job to "downsizing" or some other corporate buzzword, or their spouse walks out with the kids. Once they've lost one or the other (sometimes both), they realize what's really important. And as the old adage goes, no one ever said "gee, I wish I'd spent more time at the office" when they're on their deathbed.

Life is too short to work for evil empires. Go start your own! ;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe your not giving enough head to your boss thats why your not getting a pay raise. lol :jest:

Those comments weren't needed...nor did they contribute anything worthwhile to the OP and her situation. Sheesh. :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn