69 posts in this topic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good for her!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I use to work as cost engineer in a real estate company in the Philippines. I am glad i got to find that kind of job opportunity here in Las Vegas. I got my first interview few days ago from a construction company and it turned out good, so im looking forward for a second interview and to finally get that job.

Timeline

I applied to a retail company and i was interview last sept.11 and second interview was Sept. 14..the last interviewer told me to wait their call after background check is clear and will be start working on 2 weeks..but till now 1 week from my last interview no call yet..My husband said give them another week..im just being so worried I need to work so badly on that company..Please enlighten me guys ..Itt is sound Im hired or not? I already signed papers about background check,drug test and I cant take leave on thanksgiving and christmas day..

Oh well, I really hope they call for good news. :whistle:

Roxy

bAuS.jpg.png

I applied to a retail company and i was interview last sept.11 and second interview was Sept. 14..the last interviewer told me to wait their call after background check is clear and will be start working on 2 weeks..but till now 1 week from my last interview no call yet..My husband said give them another week..im just being so worried I need to work so badly on that company..Please enlighten me guys ..Itt is sound Im hired or not? I already signed papers about background check,drug test and I cant take leave on thanksgiving and christmas day..

Roxy

If its been a week I would suggest you call them. At least to if anything, keep in touch.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Roxy

If its been a week I would suggest you call them. At least to if anything, keep in touch.

I will call this afternoon..fingercross..

bAuS.jpg.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, feather, good luck with the job. I hope your customers tip at least 20% every time... :D

I am starting to think that I should get off my bum and look for work. I am keeping my eyes open but I am fairly limited here in Greencastle. Small town, small jobs, paying no where near what I was making in the UK... :(

i have been living here over 2 years already and I haven't worked a day outside our home yet :blush: I always have an excuse :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband (non USC) works as a ID checker/bouncer at a local night club on the weekend, and as a direct tv installer on the weekdays.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

I'll be starting work officially on Monday, yay! I was lucky to get the job in the Research & Dev't., biotech sector. The agreed salary is good, will earn higher than my USC husband.

Oops, I can't edit my post. Now, my secret is out . I meant to say the pay will be well above the min. wage (CA), and okay.. also better than husband's! :blush::P

Edited: testing the edit button

Edited by mysticbluerose

my wife got her 1st job after 8 months through a temp agency/Consultant as a software engineer, the pay was pretty good but didn't stay there for long at that job, so far 3 Jobs in less than 2 years.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congratulations

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

I am a qualifies Counselor in the UK. My first job here was a counselor (though not the same as in the UK) at a Housing Association working doing HUD applications....hated it...never saw a client just did paperwork!! My second job is my current job...I am a mental health casemanager for a rural behavioral health center.......isnt quite what I want to do but I do love it...and I am using my counselling skills for sure !!!!

BTW my Counselling qualifications are not recognised here and I work with aperson who has a Batchelors in Psychology who just doesnt have a clue...but she gets paid more than me.........annoys the heck out of me but I just dont think I can start it all over again to earn a little more than I do now!!!! I am just glad of the opportunity I have in my current job!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, feather, good luck with the job. I hope your customers tip at least 20% every time... :D

I am starting to think that I should get off my bum and look for work. I am keeping my eyes open but I am fairly limited here in Greencastle. Small town, small jobs, paying no where near what I was making in the UK... :(

i have been living here over 2 years already and I haven't worked a day outside our home yet :blush: I always have an excuse :whistle:

Don't kid yourself Marilyn :) being at home is a job too...I did it for quite some time. Homemaking IS a career. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't kid yourself Marilyn :) being at home is a job too...I did it for quite some time. Homemaking IS a career. :)

I agree.

The other reason that I haven't got a job is simply because I spend a lot of my spare time renovating this house. That's why when I do work it will be a part time thing.

Edited by Mags

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.