doug & angel

Well, we finally got our RFE ... It is for stuff we already sent

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well after much waiting, we finally got our RFE today .. Guess what .. its for stuff which was in the package already sent.

The lawyers responded by filling out the pretty blue forms, writing a letter to that effect, enclosing a copy of the documents under request (again) and off to the overnight postal envelope it went.

All well and good (except for the sound of my head beating the wall in frustrating)

So a couple of questions come to mind (and are tossed out to the opinions of all to chew on)

Since this was "initial materials" when they receive them (again) will they restart our clock as if we didn't send them the materials (yes we sent them, I used a digital camera and photographed each piece going into the package and you can clearly see the documents in question in the pile and going in the box)

and/or

Since USCIS made a mistake in the RFE is this grounds for an expedite under the "USCIS error" rules?

Our timeline..

06/27/2004 Met on the internet

[....] lots of things happen

02/10/2007 Met in person

[....]

04/11/2007 Sent NOA1

04/19/2007 Receipt Date

04/24/2007 Touch

[....]

06/26/2007 Met in person second time, this time with our kids

[....]

08/24/2007 Called CSC with Lawyer (We were told case was with an officer now)

08/26/2007 Touch

08/29/2007 Touch

08/30/2007 Touch

09/05/2007 Called CSC and was told we now have a RFE that was sent already .. they can't tell us what it is over the phone (#######?)

09/04/2007 RFE Date (sure enough there was one)

09/14/2007 RFE received (for information originally included in the packet)

09/14/2007 RFE response returned.. including letter to the effect the information was already in the package and another copy of same

09/26/2007 REF AGAIN for the same information, looks like a copy of the same letter as before

09/27/2007 RFE response returned via fedex, letter from the lawyer included

[...]

10/01/2007 electronic notification of receipt of RFE information & touch on the website.

10/02/2007 Touch

10/11/2007 Approval notice sent. "On October 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice...."

[...]

11/27/2007 Call to NVC and FINALLY a receipt number.

12/08/2007 Found ourselves on the IPV website and confirmed with a call

[...]

12/22/2007 Third in person meeting, christmas and new years

[...]

01/30/2008 St. Luke's PASSED!!!!

02/07/2008 Embassy APPROVED!!!!

02/11/2008 Pick up Visa

02/14/2008 Arrive @ home in the US

05/01/2009 Green Card Arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hey I'm still new at this but when I've checked peoples timelines and found RFE's I've noticed that once the info in turned in that they usually get a decision right away. Good luck!

Interview: 2008-02-21

Visa in hand: 2008-02-26

POE (NYC):2008-03-11

Wedding: 2008-04-11

AOS Interview Appointment 2008-12-08

No you wont have to wait 3-4 months. Usually after the receive you RFE submission, and the documents get routed to the correct officer, they will take care of the case right away. It will usually delay the case a couple weeks due to mail time.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Regardless if it is stuff you've sent in already, if USCIS has sent you an RFE for it you have no choice but to send it in again. Many of us have gotten RFE's for stuff already sent in with our packages - ours was for stuff in our AOS package and we just sent another copy of the requested items. Hope you or your lawyer made copies of the complete package. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Well after much waiting, we finally got our RFE today .. Guess what .. its for stuff which was in the package already sent.

The lawyers responded by filling out the pretty blue forms, writing a letter to that effect, enclosing a copy of the documents under request (again) and off to the overnight postal envelope it went.

All well and good (except for the sound of my head beating the wall in frustrating)

So a couple of questions come to mind (and are tossed out to the opinions of all to chew on)

Since this was "initial materials" when they receive them (again) will they restart our clock as if we didn't send them the materials (yes we sent them, I used a digital camera and photographed each piece going into the package and you can clearly see the documents in question in the pile and going in the box)

and/or

Since USCIS made a mistake in the RFE is this grounds for an expedite under the "USCIS error" rules?

Sorry to hear you got an RFE after the long wait. I hope they approve you soon! :thumbs:

Brother! Yours isn't the first post on an RFE for documents that were already submitted. At this point a complain needs to be registered. You might contact your elected representative and tell them what happened.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

and/or

We had the same problem during the K1 process. It is not grounds for expedite. So I organazied what they wanted. I used my cover sheet to describe each document and assign a number to it. Then I numbered each document. They were happy after that.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

and/or

If USCIS mistakes were grounds for expedite, everyone here would be expedited.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Regardless if it is stuff you've sent in already, if USCIS has sent you an RFE for it you have no choice but to send it in again. Many of us have gotten RFE's for stuff already sent in with our packages - ours was for stuff in our AOS package and we just sent another copy of the requested items. Hope you or your lawyer made copies of the complete package. :)

Same here (RFE for marriage certificate!) and no, OP, it isn't grounds for an expidite.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I got an RFE for something i didnt even need. When sending back the info on not needing to send in a marriage cert since i was applying for FIANCE visa. Your case can go fast once they recieve it or it can take awhile longer. Some are done within a week or 2, some are approved within 60 days after recieving the RFE. mine was approved some 60 days after they recieved my RFE back.

Dont get hopes up until you are told approval. i was told "oooo youll have approval in a week or 2" by so many ppl and it took 60 days.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.