garyandkris

EAD Arrrggghhhhhh!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

At the rate they're going, my husband's EAD application is going to take longer than his K-3 petition. We're now on day 97 since NOA1. The not-terribly-informative information line is as uninformative as ever, and we can't make an infopass appointment because we'll be traveling out of state over the next few weeks.

What's the point of this post? To rant, of course. ;)

I feel better now. :)

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Yarrrrrrrrrr, I hear you with the waiting.

Hopefully when you get back from your trip, there'll be some good news!

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR here too. We filed hubby's on 5/14 and nothing yet. Our EAD was transferred to California. I just spoke with my congresswoman's aide and he spoke with his liasion in CSC and she said that our delay was due to the fact that my hubby's biometrics took forever to arrive at CSC. She did say that since it has been such a long time she was going to call up the adjudicator and have him adjudicate our application ASAP.

I highly recommend that you file a congressional inquiry.

Edited by JessiPooh

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR here too. We filed hubby's on 5/14 and nothing yet. Our EAD was transferred to California. I just spoke with my congresswoman's aide and he spoke with his liasion in CSC and she said that our delay was due to the fact that my hubby's biometrics took forever to arrive at CSC. She did say that since it has been such a long time she was going to call up the adjudicator and have him adjudicate our application ASAP.

I highly recommend that you file a congressional inquiry.

:thumbs:

Congressional aide just sent email to CSC asking for my EAD to be adjudicated ASAP as well if it hasnt been approved yet!! day 98 for me!!!

Separated!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hear ya!!

Day 90 something for me. Mine was transferred to CSC too....oh well....just have to wait and see then!

:blink:

Here's one worse than all of you....150 days and still waiting !!! NOA 1 was 03/14/07......?!?!?!? This is frustrating.

On a second note, does anyone know if my wife can travel outside US and return back in. She has a K3 that expires November 08.

Does she need an AP or are K3 exempt from this?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your Eeeerrrrrrrrr is a pretty common thing. Andre's took around 100 days. Sucks....I know.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hear ya!!

Day 90 something for me. Mine was transferred to CSC too....oh well....just have to wait and see then!

:blink:

Here's one worse than all of you....150 days and still waiting !!! NOA 1 was 03/14/07......?!?!?!? This is frustrating.

On a second note, does anyone know if my wife can travel outside US and return back in. She has a K3 that expires November 08.

Does she need an AP or are K3 exempt from this?

K3 is a multiple entry visa. So far as I know, She can travel until the visa is expired.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

At the rate they're going, my husband's EAD application is going to take longer than his K-3 petition. We're now on day 97 since NOA1. The not-terribly-informative information line is as uninformative as ever, and we can't make an infopass appointment because we'll be traveling out of state over the next few weeks.

What's the point of this post? To rant, of course. ;)

I feel better now. :)

Hopefully you will hear soon!, my husband's EAD took over 90 days!! If you dont hear anything in a few weeks, maybe get an infopass, i dont know if it would help but i did read where it said if card has not been received after 90 days to make an infopass. Best of luck for you!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

That's waaaaay too long to wait. Have you contacted your congressman? I'm sending off the request to my rep's office today. It might not get me anywhere, but I figure it can't hurt.

On another note, I've decided that I will now do all of my correspondence, written and phone, with USCIS in pirate speak. "Gar, why me visa be taking so long, ye scallywags? Shiver me timbers and a bottle o' rum and stuff like that!" ;)

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys FYI I was touched today.

@Sachinator: Your wife can travel with her K-3. My husband traveled by land to and from Mexico back in June and had no problems. I have heard that if you travel by plane it can be a pain in the a$$ and they keep you for like 3 hours to verify visa.

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Errrrrr.....

I received EAD card production email twice last week.

I am still waiting for the actual card to come in mail....

It took me more than 120 days since initial filing EAD.....

2007 Oct: Received PR green card

2011 Nov: Voluntarily Abandoned PR green card (due to relocation oversea). Received FREE B1/B2 & C1/D Crew US visa

2024 APR: Planned for EB2-C from Taiwan as Professional Pilot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.